Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

Four in today making thirteen for the month and 374 in total with Alamy (seems to be topical at the moment even though it's way short of 1000!), with one of today's a $$$ helping the month towards a more positive value. More tomorrow would still be very welcome to aid my graph in returning to rising in line with uploads.

Bringing this thread to the top with a terrific morning. I had two sales come in this AM and one was for $330. Then I went to Measures and I had 9 zooms. The most I've had before was 3. What a nice way to start the day! I don't have a huge number of images here and have been quite happy with rather steady sales the last couple of years. This year I am already ahead of what I made last year.

Paulette

After 70 days without a sale :angry: - and what with all the PU and equivalent value 'commercial electronic' sales being reported - I was 'beginning' to wonder whether this was worth it any more, :unsure: when 2 sales pop up on successive days. :)

The first was one of those commercial electronic licences mentioned, which I actually discovered online a month ago. But I don't have a problem with this one, as it's for a charity with whom's aims I agree (that sounds like pretty tortuous English - sorry) and actually paid for by Alamy (one of their supported charities).  The second popped in this morning and is my first >$100 licence in a while and my first-ever TV use. :)

So, feeling a little more positive today and encouraged to review some more stagnating images on my hard drive. ;)

P.S. Five emoticons in one post - is that a record?

$189 direct sale this morning, just to compensate my very bad August and a couple peanuts sales this month from 

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Entertainment & Leisure
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 01 July 2023
Single placement and design, duration in perpetuity.

I just joined Alamy in April, uploaded several hundred photos to test it and to no avail - no sales. :blink: I was quite upset and stopped visiting the site for a while. I just came back today and saw my first $89 sale - it happened a couple of days ago. A nice beginning, I have to say. :P

Went through last year's numbers whilst on holiday last week. Still only at 85% on revenue though, although the digits of today's figure are an anagram of last year's total. (I've just discovered that a number anagram is something else).

This for $136 the other day. Museum interactive display station.

F5GJ9W.jpg

My income figure this year so far puts me about 25% above last year, with a few months to go. This is mainly due to a book cover sale earlier in the year. The last couple of months have been a bit barren but will not complain as have not added much to my portfolio in the last few years, all very much dribs and drabs, something I keep meaning to change, but four house moves in two years has been a little time consuming to say the least!  So, so far, 2018 has been a very positive year for me, except for slipping on the rocks at the rock pools this morning at low tide :( hoping my camera is ok as was bashed, my knee....definitely not! 

13 hours ago, cbimages said:

So, the good news. With more than 3 months to go, I just equalled last years number of sales which was my highest ever. 

That part of your statement is my story too -- except please don't worry about me as competition, Carol:  I can't swim and I'm deathly afraid of the water.

Edo

13 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

That part of your statement is my story too -- except please don't worry about me as competition, Carol:  I can't swim and I'm deathly afraid of the water.

Edo

Water is good Edo.....especially now I'm getting a bit long in the tooth and have arthritis. Nice warm tropical water and being weightless is a wonderful way to soothe aches & pains. Sadly, carting around a massive housed camera and lights is good at totally undoing any help that the diving does.

As others have started reporting, I also have reached the same number of sales as recorded across the whole of last year.  Good news. Revenue is a little more than 10% down this year on last year for the same number of sales however.   

Third sale of the month has just appeared and it's mighty fine - $$$!

bantry-west-cork-ireland-29th-june-2018-after-a-scorchingly-hot-day-during-the-current-heatwave-a-group-of-young-girls-jump-into-the-sea-from-a-pontoon-as-the-sun-goes-down-in-bantry-the-rest-of-the-weekend-will-be-cooler-than-previous-days-with-rain-forecast-for-next-week-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-P6DT6D.jpg
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
End: 02 July 2018
One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement, any size

3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Third sale of the month has just appeared and it's mighty fine - $$$!

bantry-west-cork-ireland-29th-june-2018-after-a-scorchingly-hot-day-during-the-current-heatwave-a-group-of-young-girls-jump-into-the-sea-from-a-pontoon-as-the-sun-goes-down-in-bantry-the-rest-of-the-weekend-will-be-cooler-than-previous-days-with-rain-forecast-for-next-week-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-P6DT6D.jpg
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
End: 02 July 2018
One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement, any size

You're doing great out of repeat LiveNews images. First the Royals now this! Good on you! 

Six sales in today, spaced out over the day with the sixth one just arriving. Two for good values, and a larger value one yesterday too so the month is ending well. I presume it's the end of month surge, and a very welcome one.

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Six sales in today, spaced out over the day with the sixth one just arriving. Two for good values, and a larger value one yesterday too so the month is ending well. I presume it's the end of month surge, and a very welcome one.

6 for me too. 3 for the same image and same price. Shame they were all newspaper sales though. :(

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Yep, a nice end of month surge with 11 sales clocked up today. Presumably that’s it now it’s the weekend.

4 minutes ago, Sally said:

Presumably that’s it now it’s the weekend.

Weekend sales can happen. I'm still waiting for one Live News newspaper use that I'm aware of, so I'll keep checking (every few minutes!)

11 hours ago, Avpics said:

Weekend sales can happen. I'm still waiting for one Live News newspaper use that I'm aware of, so I'll keep checking (every few minutes!)

The Live News use reports appear to have no consistent pattern. Some get reported within 4-6 weeks. Others take 4-5 months, with no relevance to the date they were used. It appears that The Sun and The Times have done all their reporting for now, so I am not expecting any more despite the fact that I have loads outstanding from months ago.

Archived