Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

11 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

500th sale dropped in earlier today - just over four years since my first on 27 June 2014.  Looking forward to the 1000th.  Flowers (well, accurately labelled botanical / horticultural shots) sell :)

congrats!

Just had 4 sales drop in, I've never had more than one a day, my average is 1 or 2 per month, quite happy with it. A couple of $, and two $$. After a dire June things are picking up I hope.

I started in February last year and am now up to 31 sales since with nearly 4000 images uploaded. 1 refund that annoyed me, another for $$$ that I had the foresight to buy the newspaper as evidence, as a month later it got refunded, I then emailed Alamy the proof and actually ended up 50% better off from it, so there is karma in the world.

I still find the Alamy style of shooting hard work but I do enjoy it, I used to go out of my way to not have people in my photos, now I'm getting better to include them, so many missed opportunities over the years.

As a side question, how often do sales get reported in the dashboard, is it only once per day? I've noticed sales only seem to show around midnight (BST).

20 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Just had 4 sales drop in, I've never had more than one a day, my average is 1 or 2 per month, quite happy with it. A couple of $, and two $$. After a dire June things are picking up I hope.

I started in February last year and am now up to 31 sales since with nearly 4000 images uploaded. 1 refund that annoyed me, another for $$$ that I had the foresight to buy the newspaper as evidence, as a month later it got refunded, I then emailed Alamy the proof and actually ended up 50% better off from it, so there is karma in the world.

I still find the Alamy style of shooting hard work but I do enjoy it, I used to go out of my way to not have people in my photos, now I'm getting better to include them, so many missed opportunities over the years.

As a side question, how often do sales get reported in the dashboard, is it only once per day? I've noticed sales only seem to show around midnight (BST).

Congratulations on your sales.

Yes, the dashboard is updated once a day but if you download the sales report, it shows sales reporting as they are entered by Alamy in the database, so as many times as you had a sale in a given day.

Gen

14 hours ago, John Richmond said:

500th sale dropped in earlier today - just over four years since my first on 27 June 2014.  Looking forward to the 1000th.  Flowers (well, accurately labelled botanical / horticultural shots) sell :)

Well done John!

I was just bemoaning the fact I hadn't had any sales in August yet (average 14 per month) when 2 dropped in - 1 for $100 and the other for $119!!!!

John.

14 hours ago, gvallee said:

Congratulations on your sales.

Yes, the dashboard is updated once a day but if you download the sales report, it shows sales reporting as they are entered by Alamy in the database, so as many times as you had a sale in a given day.

Gen

Thanks Gen, I was getting a bit OCD checking it frequently.

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

I was just bemoaning the fact I hadn't had any sales in August yet (average 14 per month) when 2 dropped in - 1 for $100 and the other for $119!!!!

John.

Nice one, or should I say two. I'll pick up the banner and carry it forward on the bemoaning front. :(

Five sales so far this month. Mid to low values, but it's rewarding to see them begin to tick over regularly again as they had done in the past. When also including the later weeks of July - 18 sales from 20 July to current - it makes you feel you're doing something right.

Yes, I do make a few sales of them. But times are tough these days. I was spoiled because the first time I shot some, I sold one within a week or so of uploading it. Thought I’d hit the gold mine, but after all, it was just luck. :) I waited...and waited...and found somebody had blasted the mine tunnel 90% closed. But I keep shooting and get the occasional.

Betty

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2018 at 14:38, Stokie said:

John.

Congrats, your two have made over 3x more than my 7.

Archived