Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

58 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I realise that this is a modest achievement compared to some other contributors but allow me to be proud of Alamy sale number 3000

I0000iZE58Y0iDzg.jpg

Mexico City, film scan, taken in 1990.

toot away, that is awesome!

I don't have a big portfolio, only 205 pics but I have sold 2 licenses. One popped in April which is of a decent amount and cleared this week. First payment from Alamy in next run; feels great and motivation to upload more...The forum has helped to stay focussed so thanks. :) 

With my latest sale, this year's sales are equal in number to my total for 2017, and we're only halfway through 2018.  And gross revenue so far is already higher than last year's total.  Pretty happy about that.  :)     I recently passed my 5 year mark on alamy,  and over these years I've learned a lot from the helpful folks here on the forums.  Thank you.

16 hours ago, aphperspective said:

My first sale with Alamy today. Oddly enough it was a live news feed that was posted yesterday and in my regional paper today, I suppose it will show up eventually.

Congratulations!

On 17/04/2018 at 00:14, Rico said:

That's pretty good for someone who just joined a couple of months ago!

Very nice photos, you should do well in the future.

Rick

Thanks for the kind words, I skipped somehow your text. But once again, Thank you very much

Three sales overnight, all to the same buyer, though unrelated files.

Interestingly, each of them had been bought in 2016, refunded the next day and rebought on the same terms for the same amount, and the overnight sales have been noted as 'upgrades' (changing a ten year date to 'unlimited').

Yet again, the benefits of RM! :-)

(Though the refund/immediate identical repurchases are still a mystery.)

After nothing in May or June, 5 sales have dropped in over the last 3 days for $223, including a newspaper licence used back in May for $115! Just shows I was right not to give up.:)

4 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

1st January 2017 ---> 30th June 2017 = 3 sales, $73

1st January 2018 ---> 30th June 2018 = 30 sales, $1349

Still work to do, but an improvement :)

Congrats - a very significant improvement.

Kumar

Banking/financial sector advertising for 3 years a little over $1500 appeared this morning. The last time I had a bite at that sector there was another zero but this one wasn't exclusive. Nice one! An Alamy B prefix to the code, so we've been waiting quite some time. Last month was mostly tiddlers but I resisted the urge to grumble.

As detailed elsewhere, a sale of my very first image. Not a large amount but nice to see. One of my few RFs, interesting to see we now get licence details, albeit not very detailed: " Single company - multiple use editorial only ".

BCWHCW.jpg

11 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Banking/financial sector advertising for 3 years a little over $1500 appeared this morning. The last time I had a bite at that sector there was another zero but this one wasn't exclusive. Nice one! An Alamy B prefix to the code, so we've been waiting quite some time. Last month was mostly tiddlers but I resisted the urge to grumble.

Nice one robert. :)

On 7/5/2018 at 16:29, Robert M Estall said:

Robert, most of your Africa pics are amazing!

Which film were you using?

All the African and European photographs were shot over a period of 40+ years so film stocks changed quite a lot over the period. Earlier work was usually Kodachrome but Fuji Velvia latterly. The early African work often involved Nacional Geographic. They had a legendary reprographic department who could extract wonderful quality from transparencies. I've long agonized  over how we photographers are these days expected to achieve the kind of scans as were produced by people with years of training and experience and high end drum scanners.

But of course the photographer is more important than the film stock or the cameras for that matter

58 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

All the African and European photographs were shot over a period of 40+ years so film stocks changed quite a lot over the period. Earlier work was usually Kodachrome but Fuji Velvia latterly. The early African work often involved Nacional Geographic. They had a legendary reprographic department who could extract wonderful quality from transparencies. I've long agonized  over how we photographers are these days expected to achieve the kind of scans as were produced by people with years of training and experience and high end drum scanners.

But of course the photographer is more important than the film stock or the cameras for that matter

Your 1500$ licence was one of these?

Nope, it was a rather odd site in Spain. Odd but quite a lot of Alamy photographers seem to have been there. The client had the patience to dig down to page 6 or 7 to get to mine. We assume that most searches don't go past 2 or 3 pages.

Archived