Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

52 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Three sales popped in yesterday.  Nothing special - except it took me to $50,000 in total sales.  Taken me 17 years to get there though.  Thanks Alamy...:)

Congratulations on the milestone. 

On 3/20/2018 at 05:01, Pearl said:

Alamy told me they couldn't/wouldn't do it when I asked about one image recently so I just had to upload the new version in the usual way but it is now behind the original one in search returns. I don't want to delete the original as it has a good sales record but the new one is much better.

Pearl

Pearl, it's a good thing that buyers aren't as obsessive as shooters.  :ph34r:

Edo

Last night i had a fabolous $580 sale!! RM

A very "normal" shot taken in a "non" normal moment... lucky :)

Love you Alamy ... that's why i enjoy staying here

Just want to help others with my new workflow, which is ALL about pseudos:

1) One "unedited" pseudo

2) Edited pics (keywords+captions optimized)

3) Hot pics (pics belonging to the #4 pseudo search)

4) Zoomed and Sold pics

Since i started this workflow (1 month ago) my zooms and sales grew exponentially

1 hour ago, Gabbro said:

My best seller was just sold for $175. Since I uploaded it in 2013, it has been sold 24 times, for total $3426. 

And what is the subject, might we all ask? ;)

2 hours ago, Gabbro said:

My best seller was just sold for $175. Since I uploaded it in 2013, it has been sold 24 times, for total $3426. 

fantastic....curious to see what it is.

1 hour ago, KODAKovic said:

Last night i had a fabolous $580 sale!! RM

A very "normal" shot taken in a "non" normal moment... lucky :)

Love you Alamy ... that's why i enjoy staying here

Just want to help others with my new workflow, which is ALL about pseudos:

1) One "unedited" pseudo

2) Edited pics (keywords+captions optimized)

3) Hot pics (pics belonging to the #4 pseudo search)

4) Zoomed and Sold pics

Since i started this workflow (1 month ago) my zooms and sales grew exponentially

Fantastic! You were "due" :D Any tips would be greatly appreciated, although I'm quite pleased in past 2 days with 3 ok sales but $580 wow!!

15 minutes ago, DDoug said:

Woke up to find that the commercial client responsible for my best ever license fee last year made a repeat buy for another year, multiple uses, $1475.

Nice. Even better than breakfast in bed! 

On 3/23/2018 at 21:45, MandyD said:

fantastic....curious to see what it is.

I bet you are, but I wouldn't tell you either!

I have one of these (not quite as good as gabbro's) and if I said what it was there would be a page of pix of xxx x xxxx within a couple of days!

Sorry but I think the helpfulness of the forum has its limits.

On 3/20/2018 at 09:01, Pearl said:

Alamy told me they couldn't/wouldn't do it when I asked about one image recently so I just had to upload the new version in the usual way but it is now behind the original one in search returns. I don't want to delete the original as it has a good sales record but the new one is much better.

Pearl

That's a concern Pearl, as they have always deleted old images for me when I have uploaded a reprocessed or very similar version. I don't make a habit of it, maybe a dozen times all the while I have been with Alamy.  Any reason why they should not have deleted?

32 minutes ago, Bryan said:

That's a concern Pearl, as they have always deleted old images for me when I have uploaded a reprocessed or very similar version. I don't make a habit of it, maybe a dozen times all the while I have been with Alamy.  Any reason why they should not have deleted?

Bryan I wasn't so much asking them to delete the old one, more a case of replacing it with the new one so it would have the same ref number, sales history and placement.  I suppose that is a bit different to what was suggested above but it ought to be possible as a POD site did it for me without any fuss.

Pearl

4 hours ago, losdemas said:

Nice. Even better than breakfast in bed! 

40 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Congrats :)

3 minutes ago, Marcin Rogozinski said:

Sweet :)

Thanks! Thanks also and kudos to Alamy's New York folks for negotiating the deal :)

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I bet you are, but I wouldn't tell you either!

I have one of these (not quite as good as gabbro's) and if I said what it was there would be a page of pix of xxx x xxxx within a couple of days!

Sorry but I think the helpfulness of the forum has its limits.

Totally agree that is why i never post sold images in the "images sold thread"

On a positive note 7 sales dropped in today.

Craig

18 hours ago, Craig Yates said:

Totally agree that is why i never post sold images in the "images sold thread"

Craig

I filter what I show in that thread. Not everyone can easily travel to Borneo and find red leaf monkeys descending to feed yards from the camera. On the other hand, if it's my local supermarket or a studio shot I've done at home, then I don't publish it.

Gen

3 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I filter what I show in that thread. Not everyone can easily travel to Borneo and find red leaf monkeys descending to feed yards from the camera. On the other hand, if it's my local supermarket or a studio shot I've done at home, then I don't publish it.

Gen

I should imagine you've lately had ample opportunities to shoot weather news, what with the deluge in Cairns.

3 minutes ago, DDoug said:

I should imagine you've lately had ample opportunities to shoot weather news, what with the deluge in Cairns.

Ha ha. Just posted a video and pix on my FB page. Plus uploaded to Alamy news.

Thing is all roads around me were under water and cut-off. I couldn't go anywhere. I live about 500 metres from the Barron River whose floods are the worst in 20 years.

Ever the croc trap has been carried away.

Only today was I able to drive over the Kuranda Range and go and see the stupendous Barron Falls in all their glory. Very impressive to say the least. They turned from a trickle to a raging red torrent in a matter of hours.

Gen

This is a new one on me. I've just received an email from Alamy stating:

Congratulations Phillip you've made a sale of $400!

s.gif
w660_1306553_haac0g.jpg
s.gif

We think that's brilliant for a collection of 10735 images and it's worth celebrating. Want to keep the great sales coming? Make sure you update your collection regularly with your latest shots.

s.gif

s.gif

Nothing showing in reported sales yet, but I'll get a sparkler ready :)

o.gif

21 minutes ago, Avpics said:

This is a new one on me. I've just received an email from Alamy stating:

Congratulations Phillip you've made a sale of $400!

s.gif
s.gif

We think that's brilliant for a collection of 10735 images and it's worth celebrating. Want to keep the great sales coming? Make sure you update your collection regularly with your latest shots.

s.gif

s.gif

Nothing showing in reported sales yet, but I'll get a sparkler ready :)

o.gif

I had the same email this morning but it was for a sale that was reported 10 days ago. 

Archived