Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

I had almost given up on selling images in general when a good sale appeared on the 13th, even by the "old standards". It was worth more than all my other sales the last year combined (not that many sales to be honest). 7 years since I have last had a similar license fee for a single image. Motivation is up again. :-)

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 15 March 2018
Duration: In perpetuity

$249.99

9 hours ago, Lisa said:

Start: 15 March 2018
Duration: In perpetuity

$249.99

Start: 16 March 2018
Duration: In perpetuity Rights cover all media worldwide and in perpetuity

$ 67.65

I seems that your TV are richer that mine:). Congrats

- first sale on a week-end! + it’s a picture I shot recently, end of december

- first book cover - credited but the sale didn’t appear yet on Alamy

- not sure if it qualifies as positive result, but had a 100 CTR: 1 view/1 zoom ;-)

- one sale, this month, that equals a typical month - even though it is through a distributor... crossing my fingers that I won’t get the typical refund thing...

Gives a bit of hope after a lousy november and january!!!

Two sales on a Monday morning before 8am?! What's going on?! Not that I'm complaining! Both decent amounts - one north of $120 one mid-50s, both recently zoomed (I tend to have a higher average of zoomed sales than others who report here). The higher value one was of a unique view of a common landmark in my town, the other was of the same landmark from a lesser-used viewpoint and had been recently re-processed to take advantage of improved software and (I like to think) my better skills. ;)

A very good and unexpected start to the week. :)

7 hours ago, kay said:

Very happy to see my picture from a very hairy journey home over the A66 on Saturday on the front page of The Independent - a first for me! :D   It's changed a 'wrong place wrong time' type journey to 'right place right time"!

Nice one Kay. :)

16 hours ago, losdemas said:

....... had been recently re-processed to take advantage of improved software and (I like to think) my better skills. ;)

I need to do that with some of my images. Did you just reupload them to QC and copy the tags over, or did you find another way to do that?

5 hours ago, Sally said:

I need to do that with some of my images. Did you just reupload them to QC and copy the tags over, or did you find another way to do that?

Just re-uploaded as normal. Revisited tags to ensure that they included (and excluded) everything I wanted, and added the Alamy code for the old image in case it was in anyone's lightbox, before setting that to delete.

6 hours ago, Sally said:

If you simply want them replaced, email MS the pairs of references and they'll do it. Instant delete. Just include the old refs as Los says.

17 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

If you simply want them replaced, email MS the pairs of references and they'll do it. Instant delete. Just include the old refs as Los says.

Thanks for that. If they have to do that manually, i imagine this is for a few selected images. Not sure show many I’d like to replace at this stage.

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Just re-uploaded as normal. Revisited tags to ensure that they included (and excluded) everything I wanted, and added the Alamy code for the old image in case it was in anyone's lightbox, before setting that to delete.

Cheers, thanks. Good to know it can be done, if somewhat tedious. 

I had a $406 sale just come through:

Usage: Indoor display
Media: Non commercial display
Industry sector: Education
Print run: 1

This one sale has transformed my month from one of the worst in years, to an above average one for revenues. 

46 minutes ago, Sally said:

Cheers, thanks. Good to know it can be done, if somewhat tedious. 

Alamy told me they couldn't/wouldn't do it when I asked about one image recently so I just had to upload the new version in the usual way but it is now behind the original one in search returns. I don't want to delete the original as it has a good sales record but the new one is much better.

Pearl

Three sales in the last 24 hours - all shots taken in our garden in the last 18 months.

1 magnolia grandiflora, 1 hydrangea, 1 wild cherries on the branch.

Total of $204.00 - without walking more than 50 yards.

:D

1 hour ago, TeeCee said:

Three sales in the last 24 hours - all shots taken in our garden in the last 18 months.

nice!

1 hour ago, TeeCee said:

Now, if only you had used the telephoto, you could have sat in your deckchair and saved yourself the walk! :lol:

Seriously though - well done.  Always grand to hear good news. ;):)

Archived