Jump to content
Michael Ventura

Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

Recommended Posts

Just equalled last years image sales total. :) Revenue? Well that's not for this thread. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Third sale of the month has just appeared and it's mighty fine - $$$!

 

bantry-west-cork-ireland-29th-june-2018-after-a-scorchingly-hot-day-during-the-current-heatwave-a-group-of-young-girls-jump-into-the-sea-from-a-pontoon-as-the-sun-goes-down-in-bantry-the-rest-of-the-weekend-will-be-cooler-than-previous-days-with-rain-forecast-for-next-week-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-P6DT6D.jpg
Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 02 July 2018
One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement, any size
Edited by Colblimp
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Third sale of the month has just appeared and it's mighty fine - $$$!

 

bantry-west-cork-ireland-29th-june-2018-after-a-scorchingly-hot-day-during-the-current-heatwave-a-group-of-young-girls-jump-into-the-sea-from-a-pontoon-as-the-sun-goes-down-in-bantry-the-rest-of-the-weekend-will-be-cooler-than-previous-days-with-rain-forecast-for-next-week-credit-andy-gibsonalamy-live-news-P6DT6D.jpg
Country: United Kingdom
Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 July 2018
End: 02 July 2018
One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement, any size

You're doing great out of repeat LiveNews images. First the Royals now this! Good on you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, losdemas said:

You're doing great out of repeat LiveNews images. First the Royals now this! Good on you! 

 

Thanks - I'm over the moon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Six sales in today, spaced out over the day with the sixth one just arriving. Two for good values, and a larger value one yesterday too so the month is ending well. I presume it's the end of month surge, and a very welcome one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Six sales in today, spaced out over the day with the sixth one just arriving. Two for good values, and a larger value one yesterday too so the month is ending well. I presume it's the end of month surge, and a very welcome one.

 

6 for me too. 3 for the same image and same price. Shame they were all newspaper sales though. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Six sales in today, spaced out over the day with the sixth one just arriving. Two for good values, and a larger value one yesterday too so the month is ending well. I presume it's the end of month surge, and a very welcome one.

Yep, a nice end of month surge with 11 sales clocked up today. Presumably that’s it now it’s the weekend.

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sally said:

Presumably that’s it now it’s the weekend.

Weekend sales can happen. I'm still waiting for one Live News newspaper use that I'm aware of, so I'll keep checking (every few minutes!)

 

Edited by Avpics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Avpics said:

Weekend sales can happen. I'm still waiting for one Live News newspaper use that I'm aware of, so I'll keep checking (every few minutes!)

 

The Live News use reports appear to have no consistent pattern. Some get reported within 4-6 weeks. Others take 4-5 months, with no relevance to the date they were used. It appears that The Sun and The Times have done all their reporting for now, so I am not expecting any more despite the fact that I have loads outstanding from months ago.

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to bed last night with 3 sales for the month.  This morning that's shot up to 10!  Now I know that's absolutely pathetic to the big guys who get a ton more sales every month, but for little old me, that number is fab!  Go me!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Went to bed last night with 3 sales for the month.  This morning that's shot up to 10!  Now I know that's absolutely pathetic to the big guys who get a ton more sales every month, but for little old me, that number is fab!  Go me!

Great stuff! It is so exciting seeing what comes in. I wonder if the big boys and girls still get that feeling 😀

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sally said:

Great stuff! It is so exciting seeing what comes in. I wonder if the big boys and girls still get that feeling 😀

Thanks.  I'm sure it's like water off a duck's back to the big guys, but I, and I guess a lot of others, get a massive thrill when any sales come in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased to have reached a milestone with 101 sales since joining Alamy around 18 months ago, with gross value around $4300, and $4000 of that just this year. It certainly pays to be patient as a newbie. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I'd made a mistake at first but I've just had 11 zooms reported for yesterday. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 or 5 for a single day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Thought I'd made a mistake at first but I've just had 11 zooms reported for yesterday. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 or 5 for a single day.

I had 7, but I suspect we're in competition!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I had 7, but I suspect we're in competition!

Probably :) but at least I had a couple that I was the only one zoomed. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

Thought I'd made a mistake at first but I've just had 11 zooms reported for yesterday. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 or 5 for a single day.

😂 this made me laugh - my stats Brought a smile to my face this morning too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kay said:

😂 this made me laugh - my stats Brought a smile to my face this morning too!!

 

In a good way I hope. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely!  It’ll be interesting to see where they turn up, they were definitely thorough!  Maybe it’s a book and they’ll use them all 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only been on Alamy for 8 months, just gone past 1500 images uploaded and had 7 sales so far. Don't know if they are good figures but i'm still enjoying photography so what's not to like.:)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Only been on Alamy for 8 months, just gone past 1500 images uploaded and had 7 sales so far. Don't know if they are good figures but i'm still enjoying photography so what's not to like.:)

Well done mate, that's good going.  I only made 5 sales in my first year so you're ahead of me!  If you're around today call in for a coffee - we need a catch up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2018 at 13:28, kay said:

Absolutely!  It’ll be interesting to see where they turn up, they were definitely thorough!  Maybe it’s a book and they’ll use them all 😂

 

Two sales just came in from those zooms and I only uploaded them about three weeks ago in September. For better than newspaper prices too :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

 

Two sales just came in from those zooms and I only uploaded them about three weeks ago in September. For better than newspaper prices too :)

Yay!  good news here too - cracking start to the month! 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kay said:

Yay!  good news here too - cracking start to the month! 😃

A sale here too: from Glasgow, but not one which was zoomed yesterday. Netted me >50% of September's total, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.