Michael Ventura

Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Another $$$ direct sale was invoiced today. That's three in a row. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 

Its been a pretty solid start of a month for me too!!  Two more sales today with one $$$!

6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Its been a pretty solid start of a month for me too!!  Two more sales today with one $$$!

Yes, it has been a solid month so far. Glad to hear you're continuing to do well.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Another $$$ direct sale was invoiced today. That's three in a row. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 

Nice to get these in before the 20% haircut!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, njene said:

Nice to get these in before the 20% haircut!

The thought did cross my mind...

• Upvote 1

Just sold tonight a pic for $$$ RF. It has never been zoomed/sold here nor in the other big agencies where it's available.

This again let me think about the recurrent topic of not publishing pics here and in other agencies (competing against myself); it really seems that higher prices are not affecting an Alamy buyer who wants really buy an image here (may be don't have time to search elsewhere or don't have a sub plan on other agencies).

I believe that things will start to change in the next future since many of you exclusive contributors here are planning to upload to other agencies as well after Alamy commissions cut, am i right? (not the proper thread though)

Edited by KODAKovic
  • Upvote 4

In other news..

My library photo is on the Alamy homepage!

Who would have thought?

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, Rico said:

In other news..

My library photo is on the Alamy homepage!

Who would have thought?

Really good image, pity the layout person didn't like books.

And a pity it's still not clickable in any way. Nor is the Info button. No links.

This way the contributor doesn't really profit from it or at least it's pretty hard.

wim

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Really good image, pity the layout person didn't like books.

And a pity it's still not clickable in any way. Nor is the Info button. No links.

This way the contributor doesn't really profit from it or at least it's pretty hard.

wim

Yeah, I see your point.

I think that Alamy wanted it to represent it's architecture images more so than books. 

The image reference number is in the info button. I've already sold 3 shots of this library {all different}. Two exterior and this one, so it could become a popular seller down the road.

Rick

14 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, I see your point.

I think that Alamy wanted it to represent it's architecture images more so than books. 

The image reference number is in the info button. I've already sold 3 shots of this library {all different}. Two exterior and this one, so it could become a popular seller down the road.

Rick

And well deserved it is!

wim

• Upvote 1

Two $150 sales were posted this morning, making it 5 - $100+ value sales in Dec already! Seems like old times.  :)

Another two $$$ have dropped in this afternoon!! Making it 7 $$$ for the month.  :):)

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Upvote 3

Well I had my first 3 figure sale in years a few days ago - $196  :)

• Upvote 1

Three in today including a TV use brings the total for December to ten so far, which is the best continuing start to a month for a fair while. Previous months have died around the 5th and then restarted around the 28th so it's welcome to see a steady flow.

23 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Three in today including a TV use brings the total for December to ten so far, which is the best continuing start to a month for a fair while. Previous months have died around the 5th and then restarted around the 28th so it's welcome to see a steady flow.

Well done. My month died on the 7th. :)

Asking here...

Is it right RF photos are tend to get more sales than RM these days?

Because I saw usual buyers are often from the same regular companies, like The Sun, BBC, and other media from British and Europe.

This makes me assume ordinary buyers from another countries are prefer to buy RF than RM.

What do u think?

7 hours ago, George Martinus said:

Asking here...

Is it right RF photos are tend to get more sales than RM these days?

Because I saw usual buyers are often from the same regular companies, like The Sun, BBC, and other media from British and Europe.

This makes me assume ordinary buyers from another countries are prefer to buy RF than RM.

What do u think?

I don't know, but you really should start a new thread for this. This thread is specifically for positive results on Alamy that contributors have had this year, not for queries regarding licensing models. ;) :)

Edited by losdemas

December continues to be the month that keeps on giving (despite what Alamy is aiming to take away).  A high number $$$ sales and all are non distributor sales!  Two sales dropped in tonight with one being for $255 (educational book use)!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, losdemas said:

I don't know, but you really should start a new thread for this. This thread is specifically for positive results on Alamy that contributors have had this year, not for queries regarding licensing models. ;) :)

My bad... sorry, bro.

Thanks for reminding me.

58 minutes ago, funkyworm said:

Its been a good year for the parsnips.

:D Fantastic news! Looking forward to Christmas 🎄 lunch already! 

Just surpassed 2017 for number of sales (the positive bit) but still $500 short on gross revenue (not so positive). Sign of the times!!

Pearl

• Like 1

My total sales this year are 13% ahead of 2017, but gross revenues only ahead by 3.3%