DACS Payment 2023

On 04/10/2023 at 04:44, geogphotos said:

Thanks Lynne- our posts crossed! 😀

I vaguely recall that they changed something to set up claims to roll on from year to year. I noticed this because a few years ago I forgot to press the final submit button back in February and my claim wasn't processed that year. Everyone was posting about their DACS payment and the penny finally dropped that I had been left out!

They did find something for me in an emergency budget but it was well down. So I did notice that there was a change that would have covered me in that situation. Sorry to be so vague but that is perhaps what has happened with Foreign Export ( and presumably with others if they have changed to ask Alamy to claim and have not cancelled the direct claim). 

Thanks All - Alamy did claim for me - so Im now working through the process of returning the funds to DACS that they sent me directly 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2023 at 18:55, Sharon said:

Alamy does mine, and last year it came on November 30th, but I have so few sales, I never know if I`ll qualify.

I’n pretty much in the same boat. I’m assuming the only way you know if you qualify is when you catch an image of yours on TV etc? I saw a few pics of mine on BBC News a while back but never, as far as I can tell, received any DACS. Here’s to living in eternal hope and optimism. 

43 minutes ago, Jansos said:

I’n pretty much in the same boat. I’m assuming the only way you know if you qualify is when you catch an image of yours on TV etc? I saw a few pics of mine on BBC News a while back but never, as far as I can tell, received any DACS. Here’s to living in eternal hope and optimism. 

You have to claim. It doesn't happen automatically.

• Like 2

The most significant aspect that I noticed with my self claim is that approx 90% of the money was linked to ISBN/ISSN information. 

That might be because I have quite a few textbook uses. It does show that research pays. It also shows that Alamy not sharing information hurts! 

One could take the view that supporting the small minority of us who self-claim might help us survive and continuing contribution.

Edited by geogphotos

I thought I didn't have it but I had only looked in Account Balance. Looking at the the Download I have a bit more than last year. The nice thing is that it will bring my balance up enough to get a payout.

Paulette