DACS Payment 2023

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I received an email from DACS today saying that my payment is on hold due to a "discrepancy in your details".

Did anyone else get this?

Hello John. I have got that email too. They say we don't have anything to do yet. Let's see what is going on with our "details"... :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, shearwater said:

Hello John. I have got that email too. They say we don't have anything to do yet. Let's see what is going on with our "details"... :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, I had trouble last year as well. It had something to do with VAT, which of course doesn't apply to me because I live in Canada. Perhaps this is happening again. 🙄

9 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Now that I think about it, I had trouble last year as well. It had something to do with VAT, which of course doesn't apply to me because I live in Canada. Perhaps this is happening again. 🙄

I had an issue last year too. Maybe it is it again, as you said. Hope it gets fixed shortly.

Email from DACS:

"We’re pleased to let you know that we have begun distributing this year's Payback royalty payments.

This year we are paying over 92,000 visual creators and their representatives a share of £5.3 million in royalties.

Your payment should reach you on or around Thursday 5 October and your royalty statement will be emailed to you by the end of this week.

If you have any questions, please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to help.

Best wishes,

The Payback Team"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

Email from DACS:

"We’re pleased to let you know that we have begun distributing this year's Payback royalty payments.

This year we are paying over 92,000 visual creators and their representatives a share of £5.3 million in royalties.

Your payment should reach you on or around Thursday 5 October and your royalty statement will be emailed to you by the end of this week.

If you have any questions, please give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to help.

Best wishes,

The Payback Team"

Received an email with same content.

Payment averaging £57 per creator.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

1 hour ago, Foreign Export said:

Got my payment from DACS today

Although this has raised queries as Alamy had agreed to apply and collect it for me - doesn't seem that they have 

Alamy pays later.

Did you submit a claim to DACS yourself? If so, you shouldn't have authorised Alamy to do it as well as you may be getting paid twice for the same licences unless DACS spots the dual claim..

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Alamy pays later.

Did you submit a claim to DACS yourself? If so, you shouldn't have authorised Alamy to do it as well as you may be getting paid twice for the same licences unless DACS spots the dual claim..

No I  didn't submit a claim this year - I assume they based payment on prior years claims

Edited by Foreign Export
spelling

59 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Then I don't know how you've got a payment direct from DACS. I certainly have to claim every year.

I think things changed a bit this year - An email came out on 10th February ( I can't paste it here but this is what it said)

'If you have no new updates this year, then you don't need to do anything, as we will automatically submit your claim for you."

Lynne

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Then I don't know how you've got a payment direct from DACS. I certainly have to claim every year.

Thanks Lynne- our posts crossed! 😀

I vaguely recall that they changed something to set up claims to roll on from year to year. I noticed this because a few years ago I forgot to press the final submit button back in February and my claim wasn't processed that year. Everyone was posting about their DACS payment and the penny finally dropped that I had been left out!

They did find something for me in an emergency budget but it was well down. So I did notice that there was a change that would have covered me in that situation. Sorry to be so vague but that is perhaps what has happened with Foreign Export ( and presumably with others if they have changed to ask Alamy to claim and have not cancelled the direct claim). 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1