How was your August 2022?

This month has been very good for me - in fact, its both my highest earning month and the highest total sales/month ever. 22 sales for $1057.  However, the good news comes with a bit of bad - I've now surpassed 2021's sales numbers and am at 104% sales volume compared to last year, however, revenue is down and I am at 85% of revenue. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

11 sales for $128 gross, $48 net. After ATH sale refund in July my cleared balance is still $-65. 

Alamy really has to address these huge late refunds.    My cleared balance is still at -115...  i have enough uncleared to get it back, but seeing all these reports of large refunds i don't even trust these. 

Grim. What is historically my best two months of July/August have become my worst two. And that after a massive leap in my BHZ rating !

Glad to see others doing well - there's hope yet !

Edited by ReeRay
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Alamy really has to address these huge late refunds.    My cleared balance is still at -115...  i have enough uncleared to get it back, but seeing all these reports of large refunds i don't even trust these. 

That's why I never post in the 'images sold' thread, with Alamy you can never be sure 😀

6 sales for $110 gross, $44 net.

Alamy continue to disappoint.  My rolling 6 month net revenue is now 1/3 of what it was just over 12 months ago.

In contrast my net returns per image elsewhere have remained relatively stable and are now 3x Alamy.

Can't help feeling that Alamy keep shooting themselves in the foot - new website branding and confusing search categories, no longer any commission benefit to being exclusive (so good images are now been sold elsewhere), good contributors leaving following cut in commission and awful bulk price deals, ambiguities in clauses of new contract. Hey ho.

Looking on the bright side, since the re-rank my views and zooms are significantly higher and the infringement team has reported some successes, so I'm keeping fingers crossed and have found some enthusiasm to submit new images here again.

Mark

• Love 3