Images Sold - July 2021

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

same when i lived in Toronto.  They were extremely well organised, plus wine bottles paid double that, and no 60% commission, maybe i should retrain.    

I used to feel bad for more down and out people who had no chance to compete actually.    

"Canning" is starting to sound more and more like a viable alternative to stock photography. Hmmm... 🤔

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

In Oklahoma City, the trash was on the same bill as the water, a municipal service. I had a blue bin for recycling and used it religiously.

In Wichita, the trash services are private companies, not a part of the city services. You pick which one you want and contract with them. I don’t have recycling. There are several companies who service this neighborhood, and I see NO recycling bins anywhere I drive in the city. A shame. A canner would be out of luck, here. They would have to sort through nasty trash and garbage when people take their receptacles to the curb, and would probably make a mess doing so.

it’s possible there might be some large bins somewhere in a parking lot where one would have to drive to recycle, but I’ve personally not seen any. I did see a used clothing (maybe winter coats?) drop somewhere, though.

Yikes! Tough to believe. Wichita needs a good spanking by the sounds of it.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

"Canning" is starting to sound more and more like a viable alternative to stock photography. Hmmm... 🤔

In the uk I read that the current value is back up to about 1p per aluminium can. I'll hold the option in reserve for when times are hard.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

the whole industry is probably over saturated however.  The other one that's special around here is Quebec up to now have no deposits on wine bottles, and Ontario 20 cents per.  I hear that people who lived around busy restaurants in Montreal that regularly trucks would drive overnight pick up the bottles and drive them to Ontario return centres. 

I assume in Gatineau (Quebec) this must happen even for single bottles, since it's just an easy ride over the bridge to Ottawa (Ontario)

6 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

the whole industry is probably over saturated however.  The other one that's special around here is Quebec up to now have no deposits on wine bottles, and Ontario 20 cents per.  I hear that people who lived around busy restaurants in Montreal that regularly trucks would drive overnight pick up the bottles and drive them to Ontario return centres. 

I assume in Gatineau (Quebec) this must happen even for single bottles, since it's just an easy ride over the bridge to Ottawa (Ontario)

But at least in Quebec, you can buy wine and beer at your friendly local dépanneur or supermarket. Not so in BC.

Orange juice containers fetch $0.20 here, twice the usual price over at that big micro that decided to screw all its longtime contributors earlier this year.

You're probably correct, though, the "canning" market is probably saturated as well. 😉

6 hours ago, Doc said:

That's no lady, that's my wife!

The 19th century called, Doc, and they want their joke back! (first citation: an 1887 vaudeville routine by Joseph Weber and Lew Fields: "Who was that lady I saw you with last night?" "She ain't no lady; she's my wife”)…

2AGXB0B

My unreported sale reported 23/7/2021 - $

2AGXB0B.jpg

10 MB
2322 x 1548 pixels 
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Carol

• Like 1

My first exclusive forty-percenter for $

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 09-June-2021 ; End: 09-June-2026 ; Additional Details: One time use in a single editorial or advertorial article within the web versions of all group titles. Includes simultaneous publication of the original article across group titles, and in social media, digital apps and branded content, when the image is displayed in the same context.

Alamy need the 60% to cover the person-hours required to type out the extended text of the licence 🙄

bambos-charalambous-mp-speaking-at-the-demonstration-against-alleged-M50W66.jpg

First in today at the new rate. (PU)

St Pauls Church Honiton Devon England

st-pauls-church-honiton-devon-england-C22G84.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 26 July 2021
End: 26 July 2026

Very low $$ (only just)

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

U.S. magazine use for mid to high $$.  My first sale at the new rate.  The crazy thing is that this magazine had contacted me, via email, to acquire this photo and I wrote back, "Sure what are your stock rates?" I never heard back, now I see it show up in my sales.  This is an very early on digital shot of Sperryville, Virginia.

USA Sperryville VA Street scene Stock Photo

• Love 1

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/jun/19/pay-the-rent-and-the-rest-tenants-hit-back-at-the-rise-in-third-party-processing

Guardian, Australia. 2 licenses x $

Illuminated flats at night in Skyline Plaza, a refurbished high-rise office building - concept: rental market, vertical living, property investment - Image ID: 2B8J7F8

illuminated-flats-at-night-in-skyline-pl

Editorial website use for $. Fastest sale ever, keyworded on Sat morning, zoomed on Saturday, sold on Sunday:

evolving-portable-music-technology-an-ob

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 5