Images Sold - July 2021

8 hours ago, Sharon said:

Finally broke my drought.  First license since early May for $. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 12 June 2021
End: 13 June 2021
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Cornus kousa `China Girl` Dogwood Stock Photo

That's a coincidence. I had a dogwood (Cornus kousa) sale as a PU yesterday. Low $$.
That's a great dogwood and a good photo btw. Mine are in a pot and not at all that happy. I have a China girl and a Dorothy.

APHK0C

The sale, but not my dogwood. Maybe I should take a photo of the fruit of mine though. Oops 4,181 images of Dogwood fruit already on Alamy. Then I should better make it a pretty good image. Or maybe keyword it different from the rest: Cornus kousa fruit: only 208 images on Alamy.

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

German distro sale for travel guide.  low $$ but not much to me.

usa-washington-dc-bens-chili-bowl-a-dc-landmark-restaurant-on-the-u-street-corridor-famous-for-half-smokes-and-chili-TAX0X9.jpg

Ben's a potboiler 😂

3 of those for me as well. Not Ben's but the White House; Madrid and Mussels in Brussels.

My initial thoughts were: to compensate for our fee discount they have doubled the price of the Culture Rip. 😂

wim

• Love 1

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

That's a coincidence. I had a dogwood (Cornus kousa) sale as a PU yesterday. Low $$.
That's a great dogwood and a good photo btw. Mine are in a pot and not at all that happy. I have a China girl and a Dorothy.

APHK0C

The sale, but not my dogwood. Maybe I should take a photo of the fruit of mine though. Oops 4,181 images of Dogwood fruit already on Alamy. Then I should better make it a pretty good image. Or maybe keyword it different from the rest: Cornus kousa fruit: only 208 images on Alamy.

wim

Thank you wim... I have a photo of the fruit which licensed awhile ago... :)

• Love 1

Just now, Sharon said:

Thank you wim... I have a photo of the fruit which licensed awhile ago... :)

Congratulations! So it can be done.
It seems though that the demand is really thin. Unless the fruit turn out exceptionally nice, I think I'll skip it. Just had a look and yours are very hard to beat!

wim

• Love 1

I've had a couple of reasonable sales in the end of month flurry. This one today for a large marketing package for just over $200 (my second best license his year), and taken a short walk from home during lockdown. It often surprises me what sells for the best prices!

childrens-playground-with-a-closed-sign-due-to-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-lockdown-in-2020-uk-2BKHCDC.jpg

This came in yesterday for mid $$. Book or magazine licence for this view of St Catherine's Hill near Winchester:

st-catherines-hill-landscape-view-in-the-south-downs-national-park-hampshire-uk-on-a-sunny-summer-day-TWWJE7.jpg

• Love 4

6 hours ago, wiskerke said:

APHK0C

wim

Mine sold recently.

T80A6W.jpg

• Love 2

Close up of a small part of the giant  Manchester United player  Marcus Rashford mural in Withington, Manchester, England, United Kingdom, that was vandalised  with abusive graffiti after England's Euro2020 football loss on July 11th, 2021. The mural was created by French-born street artist Akse P19 on the wall of the Coffee House Cafe on Copson Street. People have left thousands of supportive notes, pictures, flags, flowers  and anti racist messages following the defacement. Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial, For Editorial for use online Media: Editorial website Start: 29 July 2021 Duration: In perpetuity.

Only $ but all sales welcome. The second time a detail of the tributes has sold. As the tributes were later damaged by heavy rain it's an example of how we can be recording history before it disappears. 

2G7HC62.jpg

Edited by zxzoomy
addition
  • Love 1

Bath, Somerset, UK. 29th May, 2021. Crowds of shoppers are pictured on the streets of Bath as people make the most of the bank holiday weekend sunshine. Credit: Lynchpics/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 13 June 2021
End: 13 June 2026
One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article

• Love 3

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside

What is the saddest? The fee ($1.82 for me) or the end of the story?

This hatchling crawled all the way down through the sand from its nest on top of the beach. After herculean efforts, it reached the sea, swam 3 metres. Then a shark got him. Lifespan: about 10mn.

2F75HRH.jpg

14 hours ago, Sharon said:

Fantastic Paulette!!. your wildlife images are amazing, so it`s not surprising they bring the big bucks! :)

Thank you, Sharon. The best part is all the fun I've had taking them.

Paulette

• Love 1

$, even less $ now. Still nice to see old Justy so popular lately.

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-June-2021 ; End: 01-June-2026 ;
Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

mosaic-of-byzantine-emperor-justinian-bishop-maximian-general-belisarius-and-attendants-basilica-of-san-vitale-ad547-ravenna-emilia-romagna-italy-TRTY8M.jpg
Edited by spacecadet

18 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

(I still have them somewhere....)

In a matchbox, perchance, where all small boys put their horrid things, and where I put my bits of stag beetle..........😀

Edited by spacecadet

Image of Ian Bailey used in British National full page spread promoting a "world exclusive".  To me after the new rates v small $. I did check with Alamy that the correct rate had been applied. "Thats the going rate for stock image in newspaper" was the reply. 😥

skibbereen-west-cork-ireland-8th-june-2019-ian-bailey-recently-convicted-in-absentia-of-the-murder-of-the-french-film-producer-sophie-toscan-du-plantier-by-a-french-court-is-carrying-on-as-normal-at-his-stall-in-skibbereen-farmers-market-today-mr-bailey-said-he-is-living-in-a-news-vacuum-ignoring-all-media-and-is-carrying-on-as-normal-credit-aphperspective-alamy-live-news-TCG7D1.jpg

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

In a matchbox, perchance, where all small boys put their horrid things, and where I put my bits of stag beetle..........😀

I had a shrews skull. (it took nearly 3 days for the ants to clean it). 😃

RM for the amount that will allow me to buy something at the dollar store with some cents left over. I don’t have the particulars yet, but it looks like a distributor sale. Which I got out of well before (a month or two) this image was zoomed.

This is an endangered Monarch butterfly, and I have 5 chrysalises in my butterfly cage. They should become butterflies within a week or so.

B4HK56.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2