Images Sold - July 2021

Mid $$

Start: 30-July-2021 ; End: 30-July-2026 ;
Additional Details: Zur Verwendung in einem Magazin oder Buch (Print und/oder digital), Verwendung im Innenteil,

Auflage: 2.500, weltweit für 5 Jahre (keine Werbung).

fresco-of-the-queen-of-martyrs-in-the-do

• Love 1

Another late in the day sale!  I'll take them any day, at anytime!   U.K. TV use for near mid $$.  Sharps Island Lighthouse in the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland (I think it had seen better days).  Years ago, I took a boat tour of all the old lighthouses in the northern part of the Chesapeake Bay...some have sold over the years.  This one sort of looked like an entrance to an underwater Bond villain's lair. 

sharps-island-lighthouse-on-the-chesapeake-bay-A66X3X.jpg

• Love 4

US Newspaper (a first for me) - $$

FTBN7T.jpg

Usage: Retail book. Editorial print + digital use. Missing inside.One time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 30 July 2021

upper $$

GD7DGN.jpg

• Love 4

All this for low $ (40%)

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 June 2021
End: 01 June 2026
Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

At least I didn't have to walk very far. This umbrella lives on my neighbour's back deck.

Big red outdoor umbrella outside a house Stock Photo

• Love 1

Thrilled about that one, albeit a Presentation.

I don't think I've ever licensed monochrome before. Or portrait for that matter.

2B65DPW.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 2

...another sauce sale for me....another June usage but reported after 24/7 😞 At least this is quarterway of $$

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 750,000
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 26 June 2021
End: 27 June 2021
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

pasta-sauce-made-from-tomato-and-basil-y-lloyd-grossman-2DJ75GX.jpg

my only $$$ sale this month

tha art institute of chicago in chicago Illinois Stock Photo

an unusual licence

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 31 July 2021
End: 31 July 2026
Bank of America’s Masterpiece Moment is an editorial, non-commercial video series that was created to provide support to museums across the country and to provide virtual access to museums for visitors who could not experience the artworks firsthand. The videos are streamed on Bank of America’s YouTube channel and Instagram account and hosted on Bank of America’s About Us website on the Masterpiece Moment landing page, for up to one year. There are no marketing materials about the series and it

• Love 2

One of me holiday snaps...

Coverack, Cornwall, UK. 13th June, 2021. A woman paddle boarding with her dog. Hot sunny day on the cornish coast at coverack Stock Photo

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/8 page
Start: 14 June 2021
End: 15 June 2021
One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within print and /or web versions, with re-use of the article in other titles or web versions within the same newspaper group. Digital use includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Any placement in paper and online

• Love 3

$$ CAMRA "Beer" magazine. Used in April, reported the day after I queried it- now I get only 40% of course. Alamy actually benefits from its client's late reporting😡

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 250,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 31-July-2021 ; End: 31-July-2026 ;

Additional Details: Distribution: UK - Includes up to 5% overseas distribution; Print run: Up to 300,000 ; Duration : Quartely; ‘In-Context’ online usage included

At least they paid what now passes for top dollar- this was only used single-column.

CB7HH1.jpg

When I google this it thinks it's steppe. Tan Hill can be a bit bleak but that's ridiculous!

Edited by spacecadet

24 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

$$ CAMRA "Beer" magazine. Used in April, reported the day after I queried it- now I get only 40% of course. Alamy actually benefits from its client's late reporting😡

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 250,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 31-July-2021 ; End: 31-July-2026 ;

Additional Details: Distribution: UK - Includes up to 5% overseas distribution; Print run: Up to 300,000 ; Duration : Quartely; ‘In-Context’ online usage included

At least they paid what now passes for top dollar- this was only used single-column.

CB7HH1.jpg

When I google this it thinks it's steppe. Tan Hill can be a bit bleak but that's ridiculous!

Very bleak. 50 years of double glazing adverts!!

19 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Very bleak. 50 years of double glazing adverts!!

😀 I remember those! That one is from 2011. Fair sellers for me so I'm on page one of 4 in search- I'm surprised there aren't more up. We camped there in about 2003 in August, lovely weather. But up there it can be raining on one leg and sunny on the other.

In 2006 there was a blur of off-white in the bar and I looked round from my beer to see a sheep being bundled out. As it's now archive maybe I'll put my non-DSLR image of it up (not in the bar alas).

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

CB7HH1.jpg

I'd be sending a strongly worded complaint in on the basis of this....

6 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

I'd be sending a strongly worded complaint in on the basis of this....

Oh yes, Alamy got an earful before the forum did! Only about $4 involved for me, but still. I wonder how much Alamy made out of late reports this month?.

The Guardian can report the month after (a long time to wait but consistent at least)- why can't everyone?

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

😀 I remember those! That one is from 2011. Fair sellers for me so I'm on page one of 4 in search- I'm surprised there aren't more up. We camped there in about 2003 in August, lovely weather. But up there it can be raining on one leg and sunny on the other.

In 2006 there was a blur of off-white in the bar and I looked round from my beer to see a sheep being bundled out. As it's now archive maybe I'll put my non-DSLR image of it up (not in the bar alas).

Years ago I was walking a section of the Pennine Way, wild camping with heavy packs.  Hot day, gasping for a pint, arrived at Tan Hill to find it closed due a fire.  There was a note pinned on the door to say it was reopening the following day.....☹️

11 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Years ago I was walking a section of the Pennine Way, wild camping with heavy packs.  Hot day, gasping for a pint, arrived at Tan Hill to find it closed due a fire.  There was a note pinned on the door to say it was reopening the following day.....☹️

Was this you then😀

CC8D8X.jpg

Sorry to say we were only doing a bit of it.....from Keld and back. Soggy. Feels like you're standing on a li-lo in a swimming pool.

CB7HN4.jpg

• Love 1

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Was this you then😀

I doubt it!  It was 1975, only had a week free so we did the section from Middleton-in-Teesdale to Hadrian's Wall.  I was just getting interested in photography and picked up a second hand Yashica 124 medium format for a song - still got it.  Unfortunately I made the mistake of shooting with colour negative film.  Made some prints at the time but both they and the negs have not aged well.

Edit  -  just to add, the very first photo that I made any money from was from that trip, of Dufton Pike.   Photo of the Month competition in the, now defunct, Climber and Rambler magazine.  I won ten quid.

Edited by Vincent Lowe