Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

15 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Thank you Paulette. I put it in a fish tank with plants from the pond for a few shots before releasing him. I was amazed at my find. I had never heard of this species before. It was so exciting! I also have multiple sales of frogs from that pond. It cost me nothing as it was my weekend house across... well the pond... from the UK.

What a cool life you lead! You remind me a bit of Gerald Durrell, the author and naturalist of the Corfu fame.

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

What a cool life you lead! You remind me a bit of Gerald Durrell, the author and naturalist of the Corfu fame.

I always had itchy feet, all my life. I did visit Gerald Durrell zoo in Jersey. 

• Love 1

Molly on her daily walk through the woods, which luckily we can still do.

The Bluebells are only just coming out but they should look like this in a couple of weeks time.

John.

target-wood-stoke-on-trent-staffordshire-uk-21st-may-2015-uk-weather-EPRNN8.jpg

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, Olivier Parent said:

Iceland : Fagrifoss waterfall near the Lakagígar region.

If I remember correctly, Fagrifoss means beautiful waterfall or something like that.

The whole Lakagígar area is absolutely amazing.

iceland-fagrifoss-waterfall-near-the-lak

I can see what looks like a creature with wings coming out of the water on the right hand section. Now I see it, I can not unsee it! Can anyone else?

3 hours ago, george said:

I can see what looks like a creature with wings coming out of the water on the right hand section. Now I see it, I can not unsee it! Can anyone else?

Seen it. Like you I can't unsee it.

Allan

We should have travelled down to Cornwall yesterday for Easter to stay with my partners daughter who lives in St. Just, near to Lands End, but..........

I should be looking at scenes like this instead of 4 walls.

the-setting-sun-at-cape-cornwall-cornwall-south-west-england-uk-2AHN9GC.jpg

Oh well, maybe next year!

John.

• Love 3

Cape Palliser, North Island, NZ.

To the north west, the Tasman Sea..............

cape-palliser-wairarapa-north-island-new-zealand-2AMX929.jpg

................whereas to the south-east, the Pacific. Five hundred miles to Chatham Island, then another three thousand to the Antarctic.

cape-palliser-wairarapa-north-island-new-zealand-2AMX934.jpg

There's a lighthouse, of course, but that's not really "nature" so I'll only put it up if I get requests!
Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

Beachscape Isle of Wight

beachscape-seascape-cloudscape-isle-of-wight-B6RN2D.jpg

Frosted trees at edge of iced over lake in Milton Park in winter.

trees-at-edge-of-lake-in-winter-milton-cambridgeshire-2013-replaces-H80DBB.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 3

These are 2 images of a very, very special place:  Torrey Pines beach, between La Jolla Shores and Del Mar just north of San Diego, California.  First is aerial view from Gliderpot, and second at the beach near flat Rock looking back towards La Jolla Shores.   For me the most beautiful beach in the world

deserted-stretch-of-california-coastline

eroded-sandstone-cliffs-and-torrey-pines

Needless to say,  beach access has been closed now due to COVID-19 pandemic

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Olivier Parent said:

Alpine marmot (marmota marmota) standing with a blade of grass over its head.

alpine-marmot-marmota-marmota-standing-w

Is that his sunshade?😉

Allan

9 hours ago, Gnans said:

Keukenhof,  Netherlands in 2018

MGXWN3.jpg

Unfortunately the Keukenhof Gardens are closed. However they do have some videos on their site. The gardeners are just keeping the garden as perfect as if they were open.

This is their empty parking lot being transformed into a picture of a pair of lungs: dronewatch.nl. Also there: short but impressive 8k video of bulb fields.

More drone footage of the empty Keukenhof gardens here.

wim

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Unfortunately the Keukenhof Gardens are closed. However they do have some videos on their site. The gardeners are just keeping the garden as perfect as if they were open.

This is their empty parking lot being transformed into a picture of a pair of lungs: dronewatch.nl. Also there: short but impressive 8k video of bulb fields.

More drone footage of the empty Keukenhof gardens here.

wim

Thanks Wim. I loved the 8k video. It's a bit dismal to see the Keukenhog garden so empty during the peak season.

Netherlands is in my repeat list and hopefully soon.

On 25/03/2020 at 19:57, Betty LaRue said:

Steve Hyde, I’m calling you out. Love the Puffin. Nearest I got to one was in Bar Harbor, Maine. They were somewhere off the mainland but since it was nesting season, the tour boats had shut down. I nearly cried.

I could look at Puffin pictures all day, and am fascinated about how they can line up those tiny fish in their beaks.

Betty

Hi Betty, sorry I’ve only just seen this. This was taken on Skomer Island, Wales where the birds are protected. They allow 200 per day on the island but if you suffer with long lens or camera gear envy it’s a place to avoid. Crazy thing is the birds are so tame, even though they’re small, I got by fine with my 70-210. A great day though and what I love most about my photography, it takes me to places I wouldn’t normally visit. Anyway, here’s a few more. These three have all caught something. 🙂

an-unlucky-frog-becomes-breakfast-for-a-

a-barn-owl-flying-over-a-meadow-and-carr

a-song-thrush-turdus-philomelos-holding-

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Like 1