Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

2 minutes ago, Regis said:

Yes they had to take some serious restriction up here.

The NLC asked for it, rightly so in my opinion.

Borroloola is nice at the time of the festival.

If you drop in Darwin one day, give us a yell.

🙂

Will do.

• Love 1

Steve Hyde, I’m calling you out. Love the Puffin. Nearest I got to one was in Bar Harbor, Maine. They were somewhere off the mainland but since it was nesting season, the tour boats had shut down. I nearly cried.

I could look at Puffin pictures all day, and am fascinated about how they can line up those tiny fish in their beaks.

Betty

I also love Steve’s puffin. I was supposed to photograph puffins off the coast of Scotland later this year, but the small boat company has cancelled the trip. Looking at beautiful pictures will be as close as I’ll get!

Such marvelous photos here from everyone. Thanks for lifting my spirits!

This image was taken just last week, on a snowshoe trip in Banff National Park.  It shows Sawback Range, with prominent peak Mt. Ishbel (2908m)

scenic-landscape-view-of-mount-ishbel-sn

In the meantime, Parks Canada has closed visitor vehicle traffic in Banff National Park due to COVID-19 which makes this image even more special as these kind of views will be impossible at least in near future.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

I also love Steve’s puffin. I was supposed to photograph puffins off the coast of Scotland later this year, but the small boat company has cancelled the trip. Looking at beautiful pictures will be as close as I’ll get!

Such marvelous photos here from everyone. Thanks for lifting my spirits!

Agree with you, Cecile, beauty is uplifting. In spite of everything, this is a wonderful world we live in.

Another note, my daughter, who I spoke to in my driveway as she sat in her car yesterday while we stayed far apart, is showing scary symptoms today. Headache, sore throat and fever. Nothing in her lungs yet. I’m terrified.

Those of you of faith, I ask for prayers. Her name is Kim. Just pray for Betty LaRue’s daughter, Kim. She has rheumatoid arthritis and is immune depressed. One’s immune system attacking joints is what causes rheumatoid arthritis, and the drugs she takes for it suppresses that response.

Until or unless she develops lung issues, she won’t be tested according to latest local news. I’ve told her to drink warm to hot water every 20 minutes and gargle with salt water.

In a news conference, it was said the virus sets up in the throat before traveling to the lungs. The salt water gargle helps kill it and drinking warm/hot water helps wash it into the stomach, where stomach acid kills it. I realize there is some controversy about whether it helps or not. Sure can’t hurt.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Another note, my daughter, who I spoke to in my driveway as she sat in her car yesterday while we stayed far apart, is showing scary symptoms today. Headache, sore throat and fever. Nothing in her lungs yet. I’m terrified.

Betty: Listen to me.  Your daughter does not have the Virus. It is the common cold, aggravated by stress and chronic condition.   Yes, gurgle sea salt water,  lots of vitamins and liquids. 

I am not religious, but this evening as I walked by the River in my little mountain town I thought of this;  took little rock, threw it in the water and said silently "I wish you well Kim".   It will be ok. Trust me!

• Love 1

Great thread, Betty. And I hope your daughter just has a common cold. (Not that that's much fun either!)

I don't know about anyone else, but I do find it comforting to think that nature and the critters are still out there getting on with it, even though us humans are having a hard time. Here are some of my favourites.

Sea turtle heading back to the ocean at dawn after nesting on the beach, Pilbara, Western Australia

Green sea turtle Chelonia mydas returning to the ocean at sunrise, Montebello Islands, Pilbara, Western Australia Stock Photo

Rainy evening at Milford Sound, Fjordland, New Zealand

Cloudy evening on the shores of Milford Sound with Bowen Falls in the background Fiordland National Park New Zealand Stock Photo

Detail of anemone tentacles underwater, Lord Howe Island

Detail of anemone tentacles, Admiralty Islands, Lord Howe Island Marine Park, Australia Stock Photo

Best wishes to everyone.

• Love 2

Oh, thank you Martin! They are perfect!

What is it about these birds? Fat-looking cheeks, sorrowfully designed eyes. Colorful beaks. And super-talented to be able to pick up those tiny fish without dropping the rest. 
I would love to hold one and stroke it’s feathers.

Betty

If you ever get to the uk, get to Skomer Island off the Welsh coast between May and August.

You can't pick them up obviously but you can have a lot of fun watching them running and waddling around your feet as they cross the paths to get to their burrows. They are amazing birds.

Edited by Martin L

1 hour ago, Martin L said:

If you ever get to the uk, get to Skomer Island off the Welsh coast between May and August.

You can't pick them up obviously but you can have a lot of fun watching them running and waddling around your feet as they cross the paths to get to their burrows. They are amazing birds.

I might die of ecstasy. Be still, my heart.