Betty LaRue

Post a beautiful nature picture

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Regis said:

We had a very poor wet season this year. The dry will be very dry...

We are still hoping for a bit of rain, but it doesn't seems to arrive.

Are you coming to Darwin?

If you do, let us know when you will be here, we could catch up if you want.

Are you stuck in Alice, or just in standby?

P.S: Catch up after the Covid-19 of course, as there is restriction on the people that we can see at the moment.

We were planning to self-isolate in a million acre private homestead near Borroloola. Today they announced that it won't be possible with the restrictions. So we're  waiting in Alice for travel restrictions to be lifted. It could be a while but we don't mind... We are playing it by ear, so am not sure about our future itinerary. If we go to Darwin, for sure we should try to get together.

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gvallee said:

We were planning to self-isolate in a million acre private homestead near Borroloola. Today they announced that it won't be possible with the restrictions. So we're  waiting in Alice for travel restrictions to be lifted. It could be a while but we don't mind... We are playing it by ear, so am not sure about our future itinerary. If we go to Darwin, for sure we should try to get together.

Yes they had to take some serious restriction up here.

The NLC asked for it, rightly so in my opinion.

Borroloola is nice at the time of the festival.

If you drop in Darwin one day, give us a yell.

🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Regis said:

Yes they had to take some serious restriction up here.

The NLC asked for it, rightly so in my opinion.

Borroloola is nice at the time of the festival.

If you drop in Darwin one day, give us a yell.

🙂

Will do.

• Like 1

Old scanned Hasselblad black and white film shot -- Seneca Rocks, West Virginia.  Seneca Rocks from an observation park in West Virginia's prime climbing area.  Monochrome Stock Photo

• Like 2

Steve Hyde, I’m calling you out. Love the Puffin. Nearest I got to one was in Bar Harbor, Maine. They were somewhere off the mainland but since it was nesting season, the tour boats had shut down. I nearly cried.

I could look at Puffin pictures all day, and am fascinated about how they can line up those tiny fish in their beaks.

Betty

I also love Steve’s puffin. I was supposed to photograph puffins off the coast of Scotland later this year, but the small boat company has cancelled the trip. Looking at beautiful pictures will be as close as I’ll get!

Such marvelous photos here from everyone. Thanks for lifting my spirits!

One from a walk in the forest. Last time I was on this trail, I didn't encounter a soul. This might be a good time to go back for my daily constitutional.

rock-in-the-middle-of-a-pool-on-the-fore

• Like 1

This image was taken just last week, on a snowshoe trip in Banff National Park.  It shows Sawback Range, with prominent peak Mt. Ishbel (2908m)

scenic-landscape-view-of-mount-ishbel-sn

In the meantime, Parks Canada has closed visitor vehicle traffic in Banff National Park due to COVID-19 which makes this image even more special as these kind of views will be impossible at least in near future.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cecile Marion said:

I also love Steve’s puffin. I was supposed to photograph puffins off the coast of Scotland later this year, but the small boat company has cancelled the trip. Looking at beautiful pictures will be as close as I’ll get!

Such marvelous photos here from everyone. Thanks for lifting my spirits!

Agree with you, Cecile, beauty is uplifting. In spite of everything, this is a wonderful world we live in.

Another note, my daughter, who I spoke to in my driveway as she sat in her car yesterday while we stayed far apart, is showing scary symptoms today. Headache, sore throat and fever. Nothing in her lungs yet. I’m terrified.

Those of you of faith, I ask for prayers. Her name is Kim. Just pray for Betty LaRue’s daughter, Kim. She has rheumatoid arthritis and is immune depressed. One’s immune system attacking joints is what causes rheumatoid arthritis, and the drugs she takes for it suppresses that response.

Until or unless she develops lung issues, she won’t be tested according to latest local news. I’ve told her to drink warm to hot water every 20 minutes and gargle with salt water.

In a news conference, it was said the virus sets up in the throat before traveling to the lungs. The salt water gargle helps kill it and drinking warm/hot water helps wash it into the stomach, where stomach acid kills it. I realize there is some controversy about whether it helps or not. Sure can’t hurt.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue

You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers, Betty.

Paulette

2 minutes ago, NYCat said:

You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers, Betty.

Paulette

Thank you.

I am praying for you both.  Think positive.

Wishing Kim, you and your family the very best, Betty. 

Sending you mega big positive vibes Betty. All the very best to you and your family. 

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Another note, my daughter, who I spoke to in my driveway as she sat in her car yesterday while we stayed far apart, is showing scary symptoms today. Headache, sore throat and fever. Nothing in her lungs yet. I’m terrified.

Betty: Listen to me.  Your daughter does not have the Virus. It is the common cold, aggravated by stress and chronic condition.   Yes, gurgle sea salt water,  lots of vitamins and liquids. 

I am not religious, but this evening as I walked by the River in my little mountain town I thought of this;  took little rock, threw it in the water and said silently "I wish you well Kim".   It will be ok. Trust me!

• Like 1

Great thread, Betty. And I hope your daughter just has a common cold. (Not that that's much fun either!)

I don't know about anyone else, but I do find it comforting to think that nature and the critters are still out there getting on with it, even though us humans are having a hard time. Here are some of my favourites.

Sea turtle heading back to the ocean at dawn after nesting on the beach, Pilbara, Western Australia

Green sea turtle Chelonia mydas returning to the ocean at sunrise, Montebello Islands, Pilbara, Western Australia Stock Photo

Rainy evening at Milford Sound, Fjordland, New Zealand

Cloudy evening on the shores of Milford Sound with Bowen Falls in the background Fiordland National Park New Zealand Stock Photo

Detail of anemone tentacles underwater, Lord Howe Island

Detail of anemone tentacles, Admiralty Islands, Lord Howe Island Marine Park, Australia Stock Photo

Best wishes to everyone.

• Like 2

Sending good wishes to you and your daughter Betty. I hope Kim is able to rest up well and recover soon. All the best!

5 hours ago, LSP said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I do find it comforting to think that nature and the critters are still out there getting on with it, even though us humans are having a hard time.

I had this exact thought today. We have grevillea plants at the front, side and back of the house. They have all started flowering at once and lots of white-cheeked honeyeaters have come to feed on the nectar. I can't help thinking how life goes on for them, and they have been so chirpy and happy all day. I feel like with us humans lying low at the moment, the other creatures have the world more to themselves.

Thank you all. I shall remain hopeful.
Please keep the pictures coming, they are beautiful. Each and every one.

• Like 1

A Painted Lady butterfly on Penta lanceolata in my garden.

B4HA41.jpg

• Like 1

Water coming out of the ground at the main spring, headwaters of the Ichetucknee River, North Florida.

2AMGHFB.jpg

• Like 2

Betty

Hope these puffins brighten up your day 😉

Puffin singing in the rain....

Puffin, Fratercula arctica singing in the rain, calling showing joy, happiness and defiance despite the weather. Taken at Skomer Island UK Stock Photo

.... a beak full.....

Puffin with sand eels in its beak with the focus on the sand eels Stock Photo

....and rest!!

Puffin, Fratercula arctica, waking up with its beak tucked under its wing. Taken at Skomer Island UK Stock Photo
  • Like 6