Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

If we can stretch "nature" a bit, this is one of my favourite images here or anywhere for that matter- the Douro at Porto.

Just an excuse to show a bridge (tick) made of concrete (tick).

porto-vila-nova-de-gaia-arrbida-bridge-1963-by-edgar-cardoso-and-incio-HDKJCN.jpg

amazing light & colour

• Love 1

Great idea, and lovely to see so many wonderful nature images from around the world.

A bit of a cliche I know, but they're so beautiful - bluebell woods not too far from home.

bluebell-woods-landscape-near-hinton-ampner-hampshire-uk-spring-in-the-english-countryside-MFX076.jpg

Another one close to home, a family of swans at sunset.

family-of-mute-swans-cygnus-olor-with-six-cygnets-on-the-basingstoke-H7R01R.jpg

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Great idea, and lovely to see so many wonderful nature images from around the world.

A bit of a cliche I know, but they're so beautiful - bluebell woods not too far from home.

bluebell-woods-landscape-near-hinton-ampner-hampshire-uk-spring-in-the-english-countryside-MFX076.jpg

Another one close to home, a family of swans at sunset.

family-of-mute-swans-cygnus-olor-with-six-cygnets-on-the-basingstoke-H7R01R.jpg

Not cliche at all, VB. We don’t have these here, but do in Texas. I’ve never been there during bluebell blooming time, so I appreciate their loveliness. As a bird-lover, I get as much joy from seeing the swans as I do the bluebells.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

Not cliche at all, VB. We don’t have these here, but do in Texas. I’ve never been there during bluebell blooming time, so I appreciate their loveliness.

That's interesting, Betty.  I didn't know there were bluebell woods anywhere in the USA.

1 minute ago, John Richmond said:

I think they're Mertensia virginica in the US.

Thanks, John. I thought they were probably a different species, especially as Texas has such a different climate to the UK.

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

What an uplifting thread. Our world still has beauty.

World never stopped having beauty Betty. It is us that are ruining it.   On an interesting note they are reporting CO2 levels appear to be decreasing globally  & air pollution over Asia getting a bit better.  As this virus was mother nature saying "I had enough and you better clean up or..."

17 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Uplifting indeed.

I'd not realised that clicking on any of the images opens them all as series that can be clicked through.  Is this new - or am I slow in the uptake?

Ooh! Fancy!

Only works on full-sized images dragged from the Alamy page, though. Not the smaller ones from AIM.

Hawke's Bay from Napier beach, North Island, NZ.

hawkes-bay-seen-from-napier-beach-north-island-new-zealand-2ANB9GY.jpg
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Could be Texas blue bonnets (Lupins) that Betty is thinking of. The emergency are in eastern woodlands.

I’m sure you are right. There is even an ice cream brand called Blue Bell ice cream. (From Texas) I could buy it in Oklahoma which is just north of Texas, but it’s not sold in Kansas, just north of Oklahoma, much to my sorrow. It’s very good. There is another ic cream called Blue Bonnet....ok but no cigar.

Betty

Searching, I’m shocked there are so few bluebell images from Texas. I found this one from Texas hill country.

bluebells-in-texas-hill-country-A1EC87.j

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, John Richmond said:

Uplifting indeed.

I'd not realised that clicking on any of the images opens them all as series that can be clicked through.  Is this new - or am I slow in the uptake?

Not sure when that started but I noticed it maybe a year ago.