Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

In my other thread, I just posted a picture of my former crabapple tree in bloom with a male House Finch in breeding feathers. I consider it beautiful.

You are invited to post a beautiful nature picture you’ve taken. Something that when you saw it, it made you feel happy for a moment in time.

Betty

Here’s mine

Gulf Fritallary

KBC26Y.jpg

St.Croix. My point is the majestic sky.

F6CBP1.jpg
St. Croix 4 a.m.

FB618T.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful idea... I have so many it was hard to choose!

Golden hour in summer, on the island of Bornholm in Denmark

T2Y6R7.jpg

An ice sculpture that magically appeared on top of my trash can one day last winter

RG5685.jpg

Edited by Lori Rider
  • Love 2

Machapuchare, Machhapuchchhre or Machhapuchhre Mountain Peak, or Fish Tail, Obscured by Clouds. Nepal Himalayas

machapuchare-machhapuchchhre-or-machhapu

And on the other side of the world: Upper Kananaskis Lake in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, Alberta Canada with autumn colors and early snow

vibrant-autumn-colors-distant-snowcapped

• Love 3

Nice idea Betty!  I don't shoot a lot of nature scenes but wish I had done more over the years, very satisfying when I have had the chance! These three places brought me joy beyond words to be there

canada-alberta-banff-banff-national-park-view-of-mount-rundle-from-AX4CAY.jpg

Banff, Canada

europe-italy-puglia-region-landscape-of-farmland-BCTG7X.jpg

Puglia, Italy

europe-greece-corfu-cape-drastis-at-the-northwestern-most-tip-of-the-greek-island-REH459.jpg

Corfu, Greece

• Love 3

Nice idea - lovely photos just for the sake of it.

Two from me, very large and very small

The sun rising behind icicles in the French Alps Stock Photo

Sunrise behind icicles in the French Alps. We had got everything ready to sleep out under the stars down on the glacier prior to climbing our mountain the next day. The weather was a bit threatening though so we decided to chance it with dossing down in the cable station. Sleeping in the Midi cable station is not allowed and it depends on the night guardian. Some will revel in their power and throw you out into the night. We were lucky, our guy just made sure that we didn't put our sleeping bags so they blocked the passage. So we had a luxury night in the warm. We were all awake early to get going and when we went out to look at the weather we were confronted with this superb scene, a sun rising into a clear blue sky
 with these lovely icicles to frame it all. A treasured alpine memory.

After a shower drops of rain left on the petals of a yellow gazania flower Stock Photo

I was with my wife at her mum's house when the conversation turned to some particularly feminine subjects. Beating a hasty retreat I grabbed my camera bag and headed for the safety of the garden. We had had a little shower and I whiled away a pleasant half hour shooting the raindrops.
Edited by Colin Woods
  • Love 2

Great idea Betty! Thank you for starting it.

Dad Sunbird with a spider offering

MN12M9.jpg

Riflebird displaying (an Australian bird of paradise)

W63C2J.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Nice idea Betty!  I don't shoot a lot of nature scenes but wish I had done more over the years, very satisfying when I have had the chance! These three places brought me joy beyond words to be there

canada-alberta-banff-banff-national-park-view-of-mount-rundle-from-AX4CAY.jpg

Banff, Canada

These are Vermilion Lakes, probably best known photographer spot in Banff vicinity.  Most evenings there will be many people with tripods here & often they do classes as well.  Living nearby I made couple of pics here too, but never a killer.   Here is winter theme:

vermilion-lakes-distant-rundle-mountain-

And late September variation:

reflections-of-rundle-mountain-in-vermil

• Love 4

All of these are outstanding. Keep them coming folks!

I like the birds and critters, too. And yes, John, this would do our souls good to get out in nature with our cameras. The walls are closing in.

Edited by Betty LaRue

I've definitely got a dog or two in this fight.

Mount Ruapehu, North Island, NZ.

BTW the dark smudges on the slopes are from the bush fires in Australia. It's usually pristine white.

snow-on-mount-ruapehu-tongariro-national-park-north-island-new-zealand-2ANTM0X.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

These are Vermilion Lakes, probably best known photographer spot in Banff vicinity.  Most evenings there will be many people with tripods here & often they do classes as well.  Living nearby I made couple of pics here too, but never a killer.   Here is winter theme:

Yes! The Vermillion Lakes...loved that spot...and yes, there were a few photographers nearby while I was shooting.  This is another shot from that evening.

canada-alberta-banff-banff-national-park-view-of-canadian-rockies-AX4PJH.jpg

• Love 2

If we can stretch "nature" a bit, this is one of my favourite images here or anywhere for that matter- the Douro at Porto.

Just an excuse to show a bridge (tick) made of concrete (tick).

porto-vila-nova-de-gaia-arrbida-bridge-1963-by-edgar-cardoso-and-incio-HDKJCN.jpg
Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2

Tararua Forest Park, NZ

tararua-forest-park-taki-forks-taki-north-island-new-zealand-2APJKCD.jpg

Sorry, not intending to dominate the thread, but there are so many......
I'll stop if anyone gets bored, but they probably won't. Anyway it's all you're going to see of New Zealand for a while unless you live there.
Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2