Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

There are Puffins in Maine too Betty, a little closer to home. Amazing birds, haven't seen them myself. Love those photos. 

Here is one of mine - a place close to my heart - a beach near my family's summer place. Canada geese in it too - in keeping with the bird theme. 

twilight-blue-hour-rocky-neck-state-park-niantic-east-lyme-ct-pastel-colored-sky-hires-orig-photo-has-a-vsco-type-filtered-look-T911WP.jpg

• Love 3

23 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Here's a couple of my favourite bird photos.

Mallard with duckling:

Robin having a bath in my garden:

robin-erithacus-rubecula-small-bird-having-a-bath-garden-wildlife-animal-humour-humor-R5W09R.jpg

We are seeing a lot of one particular robin now we're doing so much gardening. He doesn't want to miss any of the greeblies we disturb. 

I'll try to get a pic of him- though it won't be up to your standard, I only go to 200mm.

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

We are seeing a lot of one particular robin now we're doing so much gardening. He doesn't want to miss any of the greeblies we disturb. 

I'll try to get a pic of him- though it won't be up to your standard, I only go to 200mm.

Good luck, Mark, and thanks. They're one bird you can get pretty good photos of without a long lens.

41 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Good luck, Mark, and thanks. They're one bird you can get pretty good photos of without a long lens.

Like this one, I could have held out my hand and he would have been able to step onto it.

robin-redbreast-on-fence-in-winter-CERD6H.jpg

Allan

• Love 1

Love the birds! 

Here’s one of mine, taken from my back patio. I taped a stick on a shepherd’s pole that held my hummingbird feeder and got this sweet female ruby-throated hummingbird taking a shower in the rain. The females don’t have the ruby throat.

AYHW7P.jpg

• Love 1

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Green Violet-ear (Colibri thalassinus), Costa Rica

The 'a' are my raindrops Betty 😄

CBW8WA.jpg

Lol! Gorgeous hummingbird. What beautiful birds you have Down Under. Just think. You are standing upside down on the other side of the earth from me, with your feel holding onto the ground by gravity.

Or am I upside down? :blink:

Edited by Betty LaRue

This little female, possibly the same one showering, showed up almost before the first light. Then she napped. But she was guarding the nectar feeder below in spite of sleeping, and woe to any other who tried to steal a sip.  
I often took the feeder down for a very short time and sat out with a red cap lid full of nectar in my hand. It’s really special when they hover three inches from your nose and look you over. Then land on your hand with those itsy bitsy feet and drink from the lid. They weigh almost nothing. I treasured those moments.

ABX6TG.jpg

• Love 1

Violet saberwing -- hummingbirds are birds of the Americas, not Aussies.  They've got other amazing birds.  This one was taken at El Jaguar private reserve near where I live.   I sent it in as a single submission because I was concerned about the motion blur passing CC.   When this virus gets under control, El Jaguar is a wonderful place with good birding guides.  My friend saw 20 different species in around 3 hours.   I also got a photo of a sloth, but not closeup enough, probably for a sale.

violet-sabrewing-hummingbird-blurred-fli

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Lol! Gorgeous hummingbird. What beautiful birds you have Down Under. Just think. You are standing upside down on the other side of the earth from me, with your feel holding onto the ground by gravity.

Or am I upside down? :blink:

Unfortunately, we have no hummingbirds in Oz, nor monkeys for that matter.

This one was taken in Costa Rica.

We do have the lovely sunbirds, lyrebirds and bowerbirds though.

On 27/03/2020 at 11:54, Allan Bell said:

Like this one, I could have held out my hand and he would have been able to step onto it.

robin-redbreast-on-fence-in-winter-CERD6H.jpg

Allan

Great shot, Allan. I could draw this bird. Make a circle. Put a smaller half-circle on one end. Wings, tail, legs. Voila. Little fattie...they are so cute.

mine.jpg

Inspired by the beautiful photos of cute robins and the like, I was prompted to respond with an example of the cute little birds we have around here . . .

DD

Edited by dustydingo
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Dave Nelson said:

Thanks, Betty.  I went through here once and stayed!  But this week we still have snow on the ground...

I don’t believe there are many places in the world that doesn’t have a downside. It all comes down to whether your location’s downside is acceptable to you. My daughter & family moved to Michigan for her husband’s new job. It took them 8 years of hating all the snow to find work back in Wichita, Kansas. They loved the summers up there, but hated the winters.
I tend to love snow myself, but when does it become too much? I’ll never find out..rooted here in the middle of the country. Frankly, I have never wanted to live in Florida with the heat and humidity. I still love my 4 seasons.

Here in a Wichita, we are having 60s and 70s, green grass, things blooming.

Betty

1 hour ago, dustydingo said:

mine.jpg

Inspired by the beautiful photos of cute robins and the like, I was prompted to respond with an example of the cute little birds we have around here . . .

DD

I think your angry bird could give mine a good dustup.

1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

I think your angry bird could give mine a good dustup.

I think it could give ME a good dustup!!

DD