Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

A curious red-billed gull, Cape Palliser, NZ

And no, I didnt have any chips about my person, which apparently they go for.......

red-billed-gull-larus-scopulinus-cape-palliser-wairarapa-north-island-new-zealand-2AMX938.jpg

Just found out Betty likes birds so.....
A kaka, Zealandia reserve, Wellington

new-zealand-kaka-nestor-meridionalis-on-a-mapou-tree-red-matipo-myrsine-australis-at-zealandia-wildlife-sanctuary-wellington-new-zealand-2AJYHX6.jpg

Tui and white-fronted tern
tui-parson-bird-prosthemadera-novaeseelandiae-feeding-at-zealandia-wildlife-sanctuary-wellington-new-zealand-2AJYHXA.jpgwhite-fronted-tern-sterna-striata-tara-or-kahawai-bird-on-a-sea-wall-in-oriental-bay-wellington-new-zealand-2AKTF46.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2

Yup. I became fascinated with birds at the age of 7 years old. It’s been a love affair ever since. As a teenager, I went with my boyfriend and his best friend who were taking their 22 caliber rifles (I guess they hunted small game with) to the country to target shoot. I figured they had tin cans in the trunk (boot).  

When we got there, I found out their targets were innocent birds, not game birds (which wouldn’t have mattered to me, a bird is a bird).

I threw a huge fit, but they kept shooting at them. I went into full-blown hysterics and they disgustingly quit and drove me home.

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. With exceptions, dear friends! 
Betty

I've been amazed by how the same type of bird can exist all over the world. I've photographed the African Roller and the Indian Roller and now I see that there is also a European Roller. Such a tiny bird flying all over the world. How did they get there?

Paulette

Just now, NYCat said:

I've been amazed by how the same type of bird can exist all over the world. I've photographed the African Roller and the Indian Roller and now I see that there is also a European Roller. Such a tiny bird flying all over the world. How did they get there?

Paulette

I dunno.😉 Flew, I guess.

Great thread!

Mine is not much, but it is about ten minute by pushbike from my place and it brings me peace every time that I go there.

This was just a few days ago:

vesteys-beach-in-darwin-northern-territo

Have a good day all.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Regis said:

Great thread!

Mine is not much, but it is about ten minute by pushbike from my place and it brings me peace every time that I go there.

This was just a few days ago:

Have a good day all.

Is the Wet over in Darwin? I heard you had a rather dry wet?

I was waiting for the end of it but now of course it's all change. Everything is closed. I'm on standby in Alice Springs.

5 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Is the Wet over in Darwin? I heard you had a rather dry wet?

I was waiting for the end of it but now of course it's all change. Everything is closed. I'm on standby in Alice Springs.

We had a very poor wet season this year. The dry will be very dry...

We are still hoping for a bit of rain, but it doesn't seems to arrive.

Are you coming to Darwin?

If you do, let us know when you will be here, we could catch up if you want.

Are you stuck in Alice, or just in standby?

P.S: Catch up after the Covid-19 of course, as there is restriction on the people that we can see at the moment.

Edited by Regis
P:S

16 minutes ago, Regis said:

We had a very poor wet season this year. The dry will be very dry...

We are still hoping for a bit of rain, but it doesn't seems to arrive.

Are you coming to Darwin?

If you do, let us know when you will be here, we could catch up if you want.

Are you stuck in Alice, or just in standby?

P.S: Catch up after the Covid-19 of course, as there is restriction on the people that we can see at the moment.

We were planning to self-isolate in a million acre private homestead near Borroloola. Today they announced that it won't be possible with the restrictions. So we're  waiting in Alice for travel restrictions to be lifted. It could be a while but we don't mind... We are playing it by ear, so am not sure about our future itinerary. If we go to Darwin, for sure we should try to get together.

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, gvallee said:

We were planning to self-isolate in a million acre private homestead near Borroloola. Today they announced that it won't be possible with the restrictions. So we're  waiting in Alice for travel restrictions to be lifted. It could be a while but we don't mind... We are playing it by ear, so am not sure about our future itinerary. If we go to Darwin, for sure we should try to get together.

Yes they had to take some serious restriction up here.

The NLC asked for it, rightly so in my opinion.

Borroloola is nice at the time of the festival.

If you drop in Darwin one day, give us a yell.

🙂

• Love 1