Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Finally, Good News, what this thread is about.

The past couple of days I have steadily felt better, like I’ve turned that mystical corner, the one I kept chasing. I’ve been out of bed for 2 hours, with my brace on. I have to put on the back brace every time I leave my bed. It’s cumbersome, straps here and there that sometimes confounds me.

I’ve brushed my teeth and done the usual toiletries. There were days all I wanted to do is roll over in bed, if the pain allowed me to roll over.

I told the people here that I am ready to go home. Sitting in a hospital room doesn’t motivate me to get moving, where at home I’ll have to move from bedroom to living room or kitchen. I’ll see my pretty home I’ve worked so hard to make pretty.

So, barring a backset, I might go home on Friday. We’re in the middle of a snow event, and the roads need time to be cleared.

My daughter, Kim, doesn’t agree with me, nor do I think my other two. They would prefer I stay another week. If I leave, I’ll alienate them a bit. They are afraid I’m not strong enough and am a fall risk. I can’t see another week changing that.

That said, Kim has gotten me an appointment to see my family doctor a few days after discharge and we’ll be trying to set up physical therapy with my therapist I’ve used before.

I actually applied makeup yesterday, and turned some heads. I saw my surgeon’s nurse, who removed all of my staples. No more bandages that were allowed to stay on beyond their time by the rehab hospital and infect me.

Good news all around.

Oh hooray, hooray. Being in a medical facility does dampen the spirits. So happy you will be reunited with Echo.

Paulette

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

That sounds like duties that should be performed by people getting paid.   More than a few animals, you get paid.  

Our thoughts too. He offers $100 for basic supplies at the local shop, a water tap and a generator. That's all. You need a self-contained vehicle. 

Part of the duties are also to deter thieves. I wonder if we're expected to wrestle with them too. Some people...

56 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Our thoughts too. He offers $100 for basic supplies at the local shop, a water tap and a generator. That's all. You need a self-contained vehicle. 

Part of the duties are also to deter thieves. I wonder if we're expected to wrestle with them too. Some people...

🤣good luck with that. Just sit in front of the entrance with a shotgun over your knees and a skeleton head lying on the ground at your feet, with a big scowl on your face. If one more person comes through the door of my room and interrupts my nap, that’s what I’m gonna do.
It’s Grand central station around here.

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

So glad things are improving and if you do leave by Friday, I hope your kids will support you on this decision.  I also hope that, in the long run, you will feel that this surgery was well worth the additional pain you have been going through.  Maybe you already do.

Yes, Michael, it is worth it. I knew going in that I would suffer great pain for the short term to fix the unrelenting pain of forever if I didn’t do it. I’ve always been able to see the rainbows.

• Love 4

50 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

🤣good luck with that. Just sit in front of the entrance with a shotgun over your knees and a skeleton head lying on the ground at your feet, with a big scowl on your face. If one more person comes through the door of my room and interrupts my nap, that’s what I’m gonna do.
It’s Grand central station around here.

Now that you mention it, the perk of the job is a firearm license to shoot rabbits.

Great news that you're feeling better and going home Betty. 

• Love 2

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

For that gig, minimum would be bed and full board, and this is illegal in Nicaragua and Oregon.  Has to be a cash component in any work (this is rather commonly broken here, especially by foreigners).   Also, thieves?   400 goats?   That's where one needs a hired person to help.  Goats and fencing can get interesting.   Friend has cattle and has a couple living on the farm. 

• Love 1

Have been up early to pack my camera gear into a medium sized back pack for a day in London. Final check on gear completed. Just having an early breakfast, a small slice of toast with ginger and orange marmalade (avoiding getting on the keyboard) and coconut yogurt with blueberries, delicious. Catching the 7:52 train into London, takes about an hour. Wondering whether there will be rain later in the day, could be late afternoon. Have the day planned, but often never get to everything. Time to let our cat Bran back in, he's been out since 5am.

• Love 2

12 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

cuddling my sweet Echo who stared at me when I walked in like she couldn’t believe her eyes.

She doesn’t like my walker,

I would have thought she would like to travel around on it with you just to be closer for a while and make sure you do not disappear again.

Sorry I bored some of you with my account of the post surgery events.

Not boring at all.

My son, Jeff, brought me home and he’s got the makings of beef stew for tomorrow.

You ain't gonna eat your son are you?

Glad to hear you are home at last. Just take things easy for the next few weeks and gradually build your strength up.

Allan

• Love 1

7 hours ago, sb photos said:

Have been up early to pack my camera gear into a medium sized back pack for a day in London. Final check on gear completed. Just having an early breakfast, a small slice of toast with ginger and orange marmalade (avoiding getting on the keyboard) and coconut yogurt with blueberries, delicious. Catching the 7:52 train into London, takes about an hour. Wondering whether there will be rain later in the day, could be late afternoon. Have the day planned, but often never get to everything. Time to let our cat Bran back in, he's been out since 5am.

I hope your day is rewarding. It sounds interesting and fun. And I love orange marmalade on toast.

• Alamy locked this topic