Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

9 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

So glad you have made it home.  Echo  must be thrilled.  Behave yourself.  You don't want to go back in.

I love a good beef stew.  Have your son send a bowlful my way.

Jill

Jeff is a stern taskmaster. He watches me like a hawk and is quick to correct me if I do something wrong. So I have to behave myself. My first night home sleeping was fitful and painful. The nerve pain has gone to my legs mostly.
I’m having my first decent cup of coffee in 3 weeks, 2 days. I might send Jeff to deliver your bowl of beef stew so I can be naughty in his absence. 😊

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Nobody is bored with your story, Betty. The forum folks are on your side.

Tell Echo to straighten up and fly right or you'll deport her back to Africa.

Edo

🥰 This beautiful morning with the sun shining brightly on the 6 inches of snow makes me feel joyful and positive. Echo snorted when I delivered your message. She’s gonna do what she’s gonna do. 

• Love 1

We've volunteered for a farmsit in a small town called Manypeaks.

Hubby: I hope it won't be too smelly

Me: ????

Hubby: a farm with many pigs...

Me: watch my lips: P-E-A-K-S

I'll never get rid of my accent. 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

LOVE it!! 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

I used to live in a town about 20 minutes from the town my mother lived in. I usually visited her once a week, using a road called the “shortcut”. There was a very low dip with water on each side of the road right near a farmhouse, and I think the water drained from a pig enclosure. You wanted to hold your nose in the winter, but in the summer, you wanted to pass out. I was afraid the paint would peel off my car each time I passed by.

4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I used to live in a town about 20 minutes from the town my mother lived in. I usually visited her once a week, using a road called the “shortcut”. There was a very low dip with water on each side of the road right near a farmhouse, and I think the water drained from a pig enclosure. You wanted to hold your nose in the winter, but in the summer, you wanted to pass out. I was afraid the paint would peel off my car each time I passed by.

Yuk!! We draw the line on the type of animal or indeed breed of dog we want to care for.

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Long ago around 35 years back we were touring Cornwall in the UK. We usually had no trouble finding B&B accommodation late afternoon until one night. We found all accommodation booked due to a nearby large music event. As it got later we even tried hotels normally too expensive without success. We thought we had struck lucky when we saw a farm B&B sign. They too were fully booked. When we drove through the farm yard we picked up some foul smelling brown slime that stunk to high heaven. Parked up in another town checking out B&B's people walking past our car were gagging on the smell. Never to be forgotten, or repeated. Eventually we found a pub where a family hadn't turned up for their B&B, so stayed there the night. We had the car hosed down as soon as possible. Betty, I can imaging what your pig enclosure smell was like, the thought of it makes me shiver.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, aphperspective said:

Just noticed my Alamy payment cleared into my bank on Friday, 3 working days after the pay run day, normally takes about 5, booking my Bahama's Cruise now.🙂

4th. working day, my standard, once took a day extra. Nothing for me this month, late payers.😐

Might pay your bar bill if you stick to tonic without gin.

Edited by spacecadet

Oh, my gosh! What a beautiful morning! The sun is shining, the snow is melting, I had a good night until 5 a.m. I stood up just now and let my son, Jeff, evaluate my body.

Before, scoliosis that had developed the past 4 1/2 years had me crooked. I had to wear a lift in my left shoe and still looked crooked. Jeff just now said my body looks perfectly straight, like it used to be. What a miraculous thing for me. While I hated the extreme post-surgery pain, I would do it again. Now I just need to get stronger, especially my legs. Since coming home, I can tell my legs are getting stronger by small increments.

I’m decreasing pain meds. Instead of taking them on schedule, I’m waiting for the pain to start. I’m taking Tylenol as a substitute when I can.

I’m so optimistic right now that if my legs were stronger, I’d break out dancing.

• Love 6

3 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Just noticed my Alamy payment cleared into my bank on Friday, 3 working days after the pay run day, normally takes about 5, booking my Bahama's Cruise now.🙂

Just been looking at cruises for a different break. Southampton to Southampton round trip. Could be too expensive for me on my own as there does not seem to be any cabins for singles so would have to pay double for a cabin. 🙄

Allan

33 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Just been looking at cruises for a different break. Southampton to Southampton round trip. Could be too expensive for me on my own as there does not seem to be any cabins for singles so would have to pay double for a cabin. 🙄

Allan

That stinks, doesn’t it Allan? The life of a single. You need to find a friend with similar likes you could share with. I wouldn’t want to share a cabin with anyone other than a friend who I knew her personal habits well.

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Oh, my gosh! What a beautiful morning! The sun is shining, the snow is melting, I had a good night until 5 a.m. I stood up just now and let my son, Jeff, evaluate my body.

Before, scoliosis that had developed the past 4 1/2 years had me crooked. I had to wear a lift in my left shoe and still looked crooked. Jeff just now said my body looks perfectly straight, like it used to be. What a miraculous thing for me. While I hated the extreme post-surgery pain, I would do it again. Now I just need to get stronger, especially my legs. Since coming home, I can tell my legs are getting stronger by small increments.

I’m decreasing pain meds. Instead of taking them on schedule, I’m waiting for the pain to start. I’m taking Tylenol as a substitute when I can.

I’m so optimistic right now that if my legs were stronger, I’d break out dancing.

So pleased you are home and on the mend at last Betty - onwards & upwards but please take it easy.....😉

Carol

44 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Allan you may not necessarily have to pay double, ships do have single cabins, just a matter of doing some googling and ringing around.  What ship/itinerary did you have in mind ?

Try Cruisenation/Iglucruise/Planetcruise just to name a few😉

Carol

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

This made my day, Betty!

Paulette

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Allan you may not necessarily have to pay double, ships do have single cabins, just a matter of doing some googling and ringing around.  What ship/itinerary did you have in mind ?

Try Cruisenation/Iglucruise/Planetcruise just to name a few😉

Carol

Tried Cruisenation and Planetcruise nothing I could see.  Early days yet.  I had the same thing last year when I booked into a Warnerleisure hotel. Booked for a single room which they have a very few of but the online booking system put me in a double. Complained but to no avail.

Allan

21 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

So pleased you are home and on the mend at last Betty - onwards & upwards but please take it easy.....😉

Carol

21 hours ago, NYCat said:

This made my day, Betty!

Paulette

Thanks! I’m trying to figure out what I can do. I’m crashing in the evenings, so I think I need to go to bed earlier than I have been. I’ve been ignoring the fact of the Big 3 1/2 hour Surgery, the anesthesia and such that has taken a lot out of me. I’m pushing myself too hard.

I see my family doctor today. My wound has begun to drain again, and looks infected in a place or two. It’s a shame it was allowed to get like that in the beginning. I hope it’s not Mersa. 
I have managed to steam Echo’s vegetables, and now need to feed her. Jeff is gone to a job interview, so I’m on my own. A good thing…my Echo towers, should I fall and not have my phone, allows me to say, “Alexa, call Kim Anderson”. We tested it yesterday and it works. I have a tower in my bedroom that also covers my bathroom. Another in the living room. I have two more that I can move if needed, like to the kitchen. I make a call, tell whomever I’ve fallen, and get help. Hopefully, my weak legs will gain strength soon. I start physical therapy tomorrow so that should help.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks! I’m trying to figure out what I can do. I’m crashing in the evenings, so I think I need to go to bed earlier than I have been. I’ve been ignoring the fact of the Big 3 1/2 hour Surgery, the anesthesia and such that has taken a lot out of me. I’m pushing myself too hard.

I see my family doctor today. My wound has begun to drain again, and looks infected in a place or two. It’s a shame it was allowed to get like that in the beginning. I hope it’s not Mersa. 
I have managed to steam Echo’s vegetables, and now need to feed her. Jeff is gone to a job interview, so I’m on my own. A good thing…my Echo towers, should I fall and not have my phone, allows me to say, “Alexa, call Kim Anderson”. We tested it yesterday and it works. I have a tower in my bedroom that also covers my bathroom. Another in the living room. I have two more that I can move if needed, like to the kitchen. I make a call, tell whomever I’ve fallen, and get help. Hopefully, my weak legs will gain strength soon. I start physical therapy tomorrow so that should help.

I was picturing you with one of those little necklaces around your neck for emergencies. I'm glad you are seeing your doctor and hope they can get that incision straightened out. I despise that rehab place. They seem not to be able to do the simplest medical care. it's not OK. I got confused when you mentioned Echo towers. I know she is especially smart and special but towers???? 

Paulette

• Love 1

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

I was picturing you with one of those little necklaces around your neck for emergencies. I'm glad you are seeing your doctor and hope they can get that incision straightened out. I despise that rehab place. They seem not to be able to do the simplest medical care. it's not OK. I got confused when you mentioned Echo towers. I know she is especially smart and special but towers???? 

I have several small cylindrical towers, called Echo 2nd generation, I bought in 2018 through Amazon. I plug them in, and at my command, I can say “Alexa, play Elvis Presley music”. Then I hear Elvis. Or country, or popular music…individual singers. I get radio stations. These towers are hooked to my phone, so anyone in my contact list I can make a phone call in case of emergency. Picture me falling while my legs are still weak, and I don’t have my mobile on me. I can just say, “Alexa, call Kim Anderson” and the call will be made. When Kim answers, I just talk to her through Alexa (Echo tower) and she knows I’m in trouble. 
By the way…I named my bird Echo before these devices were ever thought of, let alone invented.

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

I have several small cylindrical towers, called Echo 2nd generation, I bought in 2018 through Amazon. I plug them in, and at my command, I can say “Alexa, play Elvis Presley music”. Then I hear Elvis. Or country, or popular music…individual singers. I get radio stations. These towers are hooked to my phone, so anyone in my contact list I can make a phone call in case of emergency. Picture me falling while my legs are still weak, and I don’t have my mobile on me. I can just say, “Alexa, call Kim Anderson” and the call will be made. When Kim answers, I just talk to her through Alexa (Echo tower) and she knows I’m in trouble. 
By the way…I named my bird Echo before these devices were ever thought of, let alone invented. 
Also I messed up. The doctor visit is tomorrow…physical therapy was today.

Edited by Betty LaRue

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

Yeah, I realized what it was. Just a moment of thinking of your sweet bird in a tower. I love the name of your bird.

Paulette

Thank you! 
“Echo, Echo, let down your feathers!”

Edited by Betty LaRue

Today is film composer John Williams 90th birthday -- yikes!

The most important moment in my own forgettable music career is making a cup of instant coffee for the great man when he was a Juilliard student. On that day he was working a gig as rehearsal pianist for a vocal group of Dave Lambert. They were using my sister's baby grand at her flat in 881 Tenth Avenue, the building where John Lewis, Terry Gibbs, Diahann Carroll, and Miles Davis lived.  

Edo

• Love 6

• Alamy locked this topic