Your COVID-19 Images

On a walk with the family (first since the lockdown started), I passed this.

a-large-colourful-banner-attached-to-the-railings-of-a-primary-school-in-reading-uk-thanks-key-workers-for-working-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2BJD85D.jpg

I thought it nice that they were saying thank you to locksmiths and people who work in places like Timpsons who have the grinding machines to cut you a spare key from an existing key!   .. oh and probably NHS workers, supermarket workers, etc too 🙂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

On a walk with the family (first since the lockdown started), I passed this.

a-large-colourful-banner-attached-to-the-railings-of-a-primary-school-in-reading-uk-thanks-key-workers-for-working-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2BJD85D.jpg

I thought it nice that they were saying thank you to locksmiths and people who work in places like Timpsons who have the grinding machines to cut you a spare key from an existing key!   .. oh and probably NHS workers, supermarket workers, etc too 🙂

nice tributes to the pianists who have been playing to keep our spirits up...

5 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I wish I had better light when I shot this. Normally this stretch of roadway is jammed with cars all day long.

covid-19-warning-sign-on-washington-dc-capitol-beltway-telling-people-to-stay-home-save-lives-2BCA62Y.jpg

Hey! You're driving on the wrong side of the road!

Perhaps you should comply with the sign before you kill someone.🤣

Allan

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Hey! You're driving on the wrong side of the road!

Perhaps you should comply with the sign before you kill someone.🤣

Allan

Ha! We also drive on the right side of the road!  I did keep my eyes on the road tho,  shot with my Sony RX10 without looking at the screen!

• Like 1

On 29/04/2020 at 02:29, sooth said:

Anybody seeing a downturn in coronavirus searches in alamy measures, news fatigue?

An often neglected part of the "big picture" seems to be the fragile supply chain. The most glaring initially was the lack of hand sanitizer. Now we are seeing shortages of other stuff like flour/yeast, and how people cope with it, e.g. stores and bakeries portioning flour from large bags into smaller bags for sale. In the USA there's news stories of the scarcity and price rise of supermarket frozen potatoes while farmers are considering plowing hundreds of thousands of tons of potatoes in the fields because they can't get them to market. Or milk farmers dumping milk because truck drivers are harder to find now to transport their produce to a processing plant. or breweries dumping beer because it's too expensive to put it in cans and kegs if nobody's buying because all the bars are closed...  Yet in all these scenarios, the consumer demand is there, just that the way to get them to market has become more expensive and/or broken, so the simplest solution is to toss food.  Also food pantries in this day and age are being overstretched as more people have become unemployed, become more hungry, etc.  

Some ideas for stock I guess.

I think that the next area of demand might be for images of businesses starting to open up. That will probably start happening by mid-May here.

1 hour ago, Thyrsis said:

no-traffic-on-a420-during-lockdown-S34ME

This is the A420 near my home....at rush hour!

How is it possible to have an accident on roads that are clear.

A420 closed near Gablecross Police Station after serious road traffic collision.

Allan

45 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

How is it possible to have an accident on roads that are clear.

A420 closed near Gablecross Police Station after serious road traffic collision.

Allan

It’s a notorious road for accidents, mainly single carriageway with a few sections of dual carriageway. Lots of trucks and drivers impatient to overtake!

• Thanks 1

This is about the photos I didn't take. This nice, nice man  https://www.washcoll.edu/live/profiles/12168-david-carter  Has lived in the fifth floor apartment that is above mine (I'm on the second floor) for a long time. He just passed away and I don't know at this time whether he had the virus but they came to take him away dressed in white hazmat suits and looking like creatures of death. I did not have the heart to even think about taking some images. My cat loves to go out in the hall and meet people. When it was David coming by I'd pick Possum up for petting because David's knee problems prevented him from getting down. He was in his late 60s and overweight so it may have been heart rather than virus but a dreadful loss. Some people just radiate kindness and he was one of them.

Paulette

• Love 3

7 minutes ago, NYCat said:

This is about the photos I didn't take. This nice, nice man  https://www.washcoll.edu/live/profiles/12168-david-carter  Has lived in the fifth floor apartment that is above mine (I'm on the second floor) for a long time. He just passed away and I don't know at this time whether he had the virus but they came to take him away dressed in white hazmat suits and looking like creatures of death. I did not have the heart to even think about taking some images. My cat loves to go out in the hall and meet people. When it was David coming by I'd pick Possum up for petting because David's knee problems prevented him from getting down. He was in his late 60s and overweight so it may have been heart rather than virus but a dreadful loss. Some people just radiate kindness and he was one of them.

Paulette

I don't think I would have taken any photos either.  Sounded like a good neighbor.

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

Very sad. I wouldn't have thought about taking pictures either.

21 hours ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

So sorry for his loss, and too young to die.  Sorry for that hollow feeling in your stomach, but to have it is to honor him. ❤️

Betty

Thank you for all kind replies about David. it turned out not to be the virus but there are upsetting things about what happened that I don't need to go into here. It seems he got mixed up and took the wrong medication. He was much loved here and will be missed.

Paulette 

Yesterday, I was trying to get a nice shot of the military jet flyover at the hospital where my daughter works, but the jets flew a little north of their mark! As a salute to all the healthcare workers, they flew all around the DC area, trying to go over every major hospital in the region.  My daughter was off work yesterday and missed it, so I was hoping to capture it for her. The first shot is of the jets over the parking garage.

USA Bethesda Maryland MD Navy and Air Force flyover Suburban Hospital Blue Angels and Thunderbirds Stock Photo

This one below is of the hospital entrance that I snapped before the flyover.

USA Bethesda Maryland MD Suburban Hospital during the Corona Pandemic Stock Photo

• Love 1

Family logically resting while exercising on Coombe Hill, and admiring the tribute below to the NHS. It was cut into the soil by a local farmer.  Nearby there were family groups playing with frisbies, but all were keeping ample distance apart. To shoot this and others I walked 20km from home and back, was very hot. Was one of the first images from my new RX100.

Butlers Cross, Ellesborough, Buckinghamshire, UK. 26th April 2020. A tribute to the NHS had been cut into a field below the National Trust Coombe Hill, large letters NHS and a rainbow symbol. The field is located in Butlers Cross, adjacent to Missenden Road and close to the Chequers Estate. The NHS tribute was the work of local farmer Daniel Hares from Buckmoorend Farm, his families tribute to the NHS during the Coronavirus Pandemic. His work was admired by visitors to Coombe Hill. Pictured, a family resting, facing the NHS Tribute. Credit: Stephen Bell/Alamy Stock Photo

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sb photos said:

Family logically resting while exercising on Coombe Hill, and admiring the tribute below to the NHS. It was cut into the soil by a local farmer.  Nearby there were family groups playing with frisbies, but all were keeping ample distance apart. To shoot this and others I walked 20km from home and back, was very hot. Was one of the first images from my new RX100.

Butlers Cross, Ellesborough, Buckinghamshire, UK. 26th April 2020. A tribute to the NHS had been cut into a field below the National Trust Coombe Hill, large letters NHS and a rainbow symbol. The field is located in Butlers Cross, adjacent to Missenden Road and close to the Chequers Estate. The NHS tribute was the work of local farmer Daniel Hares from Buckmoorend Farm, his families tribute to the NHS during the Coronavirus Pandemic. His work was admired by visitors to Coombe Hill. Pictured, a family resting, facing the NHS Tribute. Credit: Stephen Bell/Alamy Stock Photo

I'm interested in the colour of your soil!

Seems almost grey. Is it very chalky?

20 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I'm interested in the colour of your soil!

Seems almost grey. Is it very chalky?

Yes, the area is very chalky. Also the well trodden public footpath in the top left corner of the image is all white chalk, and walking from Combe Hill down Bacombe Hill towards Wendover there are a series of old chalk pits. I've walked that area around Wendover, Chequers and towards Gt Missenden since I was a boy, but very little in recent years.

• Thanks 1

This is image of Banff National Park East Gate Entrance, taken on May 2.   Through traffic on Trans-Canada Highway is allowed, but Visitor Vehicle Access is not.  Note sign "Essential Travel Only"

attachment.php?attachmentid=275432

• Like 1