Your COVID-19 Images

5 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Is this thread dead? Am I allowed to post a picture.

Where I live, they have closed down several city streets to pedestrians and bikers only.

The thread is alive and kicking. There are always new developments.

• Thanks 1

I've finally got one to add to this list! The lock down has been relaxed a tad and we were able to travel a few miles from home. The National Health Service  rainbow motif and the words Thank You on the grass at Herrington Country Park in Sunderland, England, UK

The NHS rainbow showing solidarity with NHS workers, on a hillside in Herrington Country Park, Sunderland, England, UK Stock Photo

4 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I've finally got one to add to this list! The lock down has been relaxed a tad and we were able to travel a few miles from home. The National Health Service  rainbow motif and the words Thank You on the grass at Herrington Country Park in Sunderland, England, UK

The NHS rainbow showing solidarity with NHS workers, on a hillside in Herrington Country Park, Sunderland, England, UK Stock Photo

A drone (or hot air balloon) would have come in handy here.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

A drone (or hot air balloon) would have come in handy here.

Indeed John, but being a parsimonius soul that would be way beyond my photography budget! 

I did climb an adjacent hill to get a better shot, but the sun went in for the day and this one was the more cheerful. I may revisit that image though and see if I can't digitally create some brightness and market appeal....

Edit - job done and uploaded !

Edited by Bryan

5 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Indeed John, but being a parsimonius soul that would be way beyond my photography budget! 

I did climb an adjacent hill to get a better shot, but the sun went in for the day and this one was the more cheerful. I may revisit that image though and see if I can't digitally create some brightness and market appeal....

So I guess SpaceX is out too. They're a bit pricey I hear.

I'd say that image will have appeal as it is. However, brightening up the "Thank You" might be a good idea if it's doable.

31 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Edit - job done and uploaded !

The "Dehaze" slider in PS Camera Raw or in LR might give the image the punch it may need.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

The "Dehaze" slider in PS Camera Raw or in LR might give the image the punch it may need.

Cheers Michael, but sadly I do not possess a haze filter in my prehistoric, but worthy, copies of LR 6.16 and PS CS4.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

I do not possess a haze filter in my prehistoric, but worthy, copies of LR 6.16

Bryan, I use these Prolost haze filters on my 6.14, they work very well though I only tend to use 3 mild strengths of the standard 'Dehaze' on any regular basis. I'm very glad to have them and they're free as well.

https://proloststore.com/products/dehaze

Edit:

Quite a lot on the forum about Prolost and I must have downloaded it after seeing one of these posts:

https://discussion.alamy.com/search/?q=prolost&quick=1

Edited by Harry Harrison

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Cheers Michael, but sadly I do not possess a haze filter in my prehistoric, but worthy, copies of LR 6.16 and PS CS4.

Clarity works for me..

I probably discussed it at the time, but I had to cook up a preset for Dubai images to get rid of the dust, and ever after I've applied 50 as standard.

Child having sanitized her hands now being led to join the free food handout for the poor and underprivileged of Thailand.

Broke my heart shooting this stuff!

covid-19-food-child-cleaning-hands-with-

• Love 2
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Bill Brooks said:

This sold last month to a Swiss magazine.

Angel protecting the world. I assume it has to do with covid-19 as they have chosen the Asian/China version. But maybe not.

Protecting the world, or perhaps whisking it off to be sanitized. Interesting sale for sure.

13 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Shops in Vancouver are slowly starting to reopen on a limited basis. However, it's too late for some like this one, which has gone into receivership.

vancouver-canada-may-19-2020-an-empty-st

sadly this will be a reality for many as the new reality unfolds....  Montreal is supposed to start opening some businesses with door on the streets starting next week

On 21/05/2020 at 12:40, meanderingemu said:

sadly this will be a reality for many as the new reality unfolds....  Montreal is supposed to start opening some businesses with door on the streets starting next week

Restaurants have been doing takeout here for several weeks. Some are now opening with limited outdoor and indoor seating, but most people aren't ready to go back. A smattering of stores have opened as well with restricted entrance. It's going to take a long time to return to any kind of normalcy.

• Thanks 1

2BT7J5G.jpg

With so little traffic now, the Scousers have been doing road repairs. And here's busker with a virus mask. The rest of us are mindful of social distancing when shopping

2BT286K.jpg

2BT2872.jpg

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Like 1

COVID-19 home testing kit supplied to 10,000 randomly selected UK individuals by Imperial College London and Ipsos MORI on behalf of the DHSC. The research intention was to track the progress of the Coronavirus infection across the UK.

COVID-19 home testing kit supplied to 10,000 randomly selected individuals registered with a GP by Imperial College London and Ipsos MORI on behalf of the DHSC. An explanatory booklet, return label, individual barcode labels, flatpack return box, swab, plastic vial containing liquid, absorbent material and a biohazard bag are supplied. After nose and throat swabs are undertaken the swab shaft is broken and swab placed in the vial before being collected by a courier for delivery to a lab. The programme tracks the progress of the infection across the UK. Credit: Stephen Bell/Alamy Stock Photo

Edited by sb photos