Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I hate to eat while having to breath in vehicle exhaust fumes.

Indoors for me. Unless it is well away from traffic.

Allan

I guess it's a matter of choosing your poison -- sit outside and inhale toxic exhaust fumes or sit inside and possibly mingle with nasty coronavirus particles. Neither is a wonderful option.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I find mask-wearing to be totally weird, but necessary of course. I guess the girl sitting on the left is the rebel in the family.

a-family-sitting-on-a-bench-wearing-prot

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

self explanatory 

ottawa-canada-august-8-2020-conspiracy-yellow-vest-protester-with-sign-claiming-pandemic-is-fake-2CAXE54.jpg

Please to see you kept your distance.............a ten-foot pole comes to mind........

Edited by spacecadet
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Please to see you kept your distance.............a ten-foot pole comes to mind........

yeah, zoom lense all the way with conspiracy nuts... there is another include everything protest planned here on sunday (Covid,  gvmt, QAnon ) might go early... 

• 2 weeks later...

In Nicaragua, people are mostly wearing mask.  Banks and some stores require them. 

2CFT9DB.jpg

Man talking on the phone through a mask. 

2CFT972.jpg

Two workers, one wearing a mask, moving aggregate into buckets.

2CFT96H.jpg

Two women wearing red masks walking under an umbrella. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

when i thought i was done with Covid images, there is just so much you can illustrate (still getting some interesting Masks image, i guess we will getting seasonal ones.....)

With a messed up school year, some new job opportunity to help parents.  and i guess there's a need, based on fact most have numbers gone. 

phone-poll-flyer-advertising-for-tutor-with-all-phone-number-tickets-taken-as-more-parent-facing-home-schooling-due-to-pandemic-in-ottawa-2CTRYW4.jpg

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

when i thought i was done with Covid images, there is just so much you can illustrate (still getting some interesting Masks image, i guess we will getting seasonal ones.....)

With a messed up school year, some new job opportunity to help parents.  and i guess there's a need, based on fact most have numbers gone. 

phone-poll-flyer-advertising-for-tutor-with-all-phone-number-tickets-taken-as-more-parent-facing-home-schooling-due-to-pandemic-in-ottawa-2CTRYW4.jpg

Have you worked out the answer yet?

Allan

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Have you worked out the answer yet?

Allan

So far, not even figured out the question ...

😬

• Haha 2

Salford City Council no swimming no boating sign, with COVID-19 keep your distance red sign, Clifton Country Park, England UK, coronavirus Stock Photo

I'm surprised there isn't another sign stating "beware of the swan" as they seem to have just about covered all other bases.
  • Haha 2

COVID-19 has pretty much seen the end of passenger carrying 747s - the Queen of the Skies - bringing forward retirements which would otherwise have seen them in use for another four or five years. Virgin Atlantic and British Airways each had a pair in storage at Heathrow due to go either for cargo conversion or scrapping, with the penultimate Virgin departure planned for Saturday just gone. Three changes of runway meant for a great deal of hiking around the perimeter, in the wind and rain, with a last minute rush to catch its lifting off on the first leg of its journey to Arizona, and a whittling down of 'spotters' to just myself to get the shot (perseverance/madness?). I haven't seen any Alamy uses but hopefully direct magazine sales will be fruitful.

virgin-atlantic-boeing-747-jumbo-jet-plane-taking-off-from-london-heathrow-airport-uk-after-being-stored-premature-retirement-due-to-covid19-sold-2D10CJA.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Avpics said:

COVID-19 has pretty much seen the end of passenger carrying 747s - the Queen of the Skies - bringing forward retirements which would otherwise have seen them in use for another four or five years. Virgin Atlantic and British Airways each had a pair in storage at Heathrow due to go either for cargo conversion or scrapping, with the penultimate Virgin departure planned for Saturday just gone. Three changes of runway meant for a great deal of hiking around the perimeter, in the wind and rain, with a last minute rush to catch its lifting off on the first leg of its journey to Arizona, and a whittling down of 'spotters' to just myself to get the shot (perseverance/madness?). I haven't seen any Alamy uses but hopefully direct magazine sales will be fruitful.

virgin-atlantic-boeing-747-jumbo-jet-plane-taking-off-from-london-heathrow-airport-uk-after-being-stored-premature-retirement-due-to-covid19-sold-2D10CJA.jpg

I had a go on one when I flew to NYC in 2019. Paid more than I should have to fly across the Atlantic in economy but it meant I a) got to fly on a 747, which is reason enough and b) got to sit in the top deck, with Virgin being the only company I know of that run economy seating up there. It was a very memorable trip for several reasons but the plane was a big part of it. Nothing quite like looking out of the window and seeing two big engines instead of one. Great pic by the way.

Edited by Cal
wrong year!
  • Like 2

Thank you. My first ever flight was in a BA 747 in the late eighties heading to New Zealand.  The take off was in extremely bad weather with it dropping and climbing and the overhead lockers rattling, and so I assumed that this was what flying was like and we had a total of around 48 hours of this, there and back! Thankfully it proved not to be quite that bad

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Thank you. My first ever flight was in a BA 747 in the late eighties heading to New Zealand.  The take off was in extremely bad weather with it dropping and climbing and the overhead lockers rattling, and so I assumed that this was what flying was like and we had a total of around 48 hours of this, there and back! Thankfully it proved not to be quite that bad

Just realised that plane you photographed is G-VROM - Barbarella - which is the one I flew out on. The one you flew on with BA in the late 80s was, I'm guessing either a -100 or a -200 and would have had three people in the flight deck and little in the way of glass too! My first flight was a 757-200 with the airline "Flying colours".

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Cal said:

......either a -100 or a -200 .....

'City of Stoke on Trent', a -200, and still flying as a cargo conversion. When they name them it does give them a character that the plain ones don't have.

Here in my country Singapore. Automated self check-in kiosks are closed due to the massive decline of passengers flying out of the country during the Covid 19 pandemic crisis. 

automated-self-check-in-kiosks-are-close

• Like 1

Manual check-in counters at Changi Airport Terminal 3 is deserted, is a very sad scene for the aviation industry during this Covid 19 climax

manual-check-in-counters-at-changi-airpo

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

This graffiti appeared on a road bridge near me recently. I guess it sums up what we're all wondering.

graffiti-asking-when-will-it-all-end-painted-under-a-bridge-in-reference-to-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-in-2020-uk-2D74YC7.jpg

In my opinion the Human race will be extinct in another 2000 years if not sooner due to covid 19 and/or global warming.

Allan

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

In my opinion the Human race will be extinct in another 2000 years if not sooner due to covid 19 and/or global warming

Yes, a loose coalition of dolphins and cockroaches is already planning to take over the reins of power on planet Earth. I can't imagine that we are known to the rest of the animal world as homo sapiens...  🙁

5 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Yes, a loose coalition of dolphins and cockroaches is already planning to take over the reins of power on planet Earth. I can't imagine that we are known to the rest of the animal world as homo sapiens...  🙁

Haha. Sadly I think the dolphins might be a victim of our plastic waste, including all those single-use face masks so many people are using, but some of the insect world might outlive us! Ants definitely do a better job of working together for the benefit of all.