Jump to content

Your COVID-19 Images


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

I hate to eat while having to breath in vehicle exhaust fumes.

 

Indoors for me. Unless it is well away from traffic.

 

Allan

 

 

I guess it's a matter of choosing your poison -- sit outside and inhale toxic exhaust fumes or sit inside and possibly mingle with nasty coronavirus particles. Neither is a wonderful option.

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I find mask-wearing to be totally weird, but necessary of course. I guess the girl sitting on the left is the rebel in the family.

 

a-family-sitting-on-a-bench-wearing-prot

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

self explanatory 

 

ottawa-canada-august-8-2020-conspiracy-yellow-vest-protester-with-sign-claiming-pandemic-is-fake-2CAXE54.jpg

Please to see you kept your distance.............a ten-foot pole comes to mind........

Edited by spacecadet
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Please to see you kept your distance.............a ten-foot pole comes to mind........

 

yeah, zoom lense all the way with conspiracy nuts... there is another include everything protest planned here on sunday (Covid,  gvmt, QAnon ) might go early... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

In Nicaragua, people are mostly wearing mask.  Banks and some stores require them. 

 

2CFT9DB.jpg

Man talking on the phone through a mask. 

 

2CFT972.jpg

Two workers, one wearing a mask, moving aggregate into buckets.

 

2CFT96H.jpg

 

Two women wearing red masks walking under an umbrella. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

when i thought i was done with Covid images, there is just so much you can illustrate (still getting some interesting Masks image, i guess we will getting seasonal ones.....)

 

 

With a messed up school year, some new job opportunity to help parents.  and i guess there's a need, based on fact most have numbers gone. 

 

 

phone-poll-flyer-advertising-for-tutor-with-all-phone-number-tickets-taken-as-more-parent-facing-home-schooling-due-to-pandemic-in-ottawa-2CTRYW4.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

when i thought i was done with Covid images, there is just so much you can illustrate (still getting some interesting Masks image, i guess we will getting seasonal ones.....)

 

 

With a messed up school year, some new job opportunity to help parents.  and i guess there's a need, based on fact most have numbers gone. 

 

 

phone-poll-flyer-advertising-for-tutor-with-all-phone-number-tickets-taken-as-more-parent-facing-home-schooling-due-to-pandemic-in-ottawa-2CTRYW4.jpg

 

Have you worked out the answer yet?

 

Allan

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

COVID-19 has pretty much seen the end of passenger carrying 747s - the Queen of the Skies - bringing forward retirements which would otherwise have seen them in use for another four or five years. Virgin Atlantic and British Airways each had a pair in storage at Heathrow due to go either for cargo conversion or scrapping, with the penultimate Virgin departure planned for Saturday just gone. Three changes of runway meant for a great deal of hiking around the perimeter, in the wind and rain, with a last minute rush to catch its lifting off on the first leg of its journey to Arizona, and a whittling down of 'spotters' to just myself to get the shot (perseverance/madness?). I haven't seen any Alamy uses but hopefully direct magazine sales will be fruitful.

 

virgin-atlantic-boeing-747-jumbo-jet-plane-taking-off-from-london-heathrow-airport-uk-after-being-stored-premature-retirement-due-to-covid19-sold-2D10CJA.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avpics said:

COVID-19 has pretty much seen the end of passenger carrying 747s - the Queen of the Skies - bringing forward retirements which would otherwise have seen them in use for another four or five years. Virgin Atlantic and British Airways each had a pair in storage at Heathrow due to go either for cargo conversion or scrapping, with the penultimate Virgin departure planned for Saturday just gone. Three changes of runway meant for a great deal of hiking around the perimeter, in the wind and rain, with a last minute rush to catch its lifting off on the first leg of its journey to Arizona, and a whittling down of 'spotters' to just myself to get the shot (perseverance/madness?). I haven't seen any Alamy uses but hopefully direct magazine sales will be fruitful.

 

virgin-atlantic-boeing-747-jumbo-jet-plane-taking-off-from-london-heathrow-airport-uk-after-being-stored-premature-retirement-due-to-covid19-sold-2D10CJA.jpg

 

 

I had a go on one when I flew to NYC in 2019. Paid more than I should have to fly across the Atlantic in economy but it meant I a) got to fly on a 747, which is reason enough and b) got to sit in the top deck, with Virgin being the only company I know of that run economy seating up there. It was a very memorable trip for several reasons but the plane was a big part of it. Nothing quite like looking out of the window and seeing two big engines instead of one. Great pic by the way.

Edited by Cal
wrong year!
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. My first ever flight was in a BA 747 in the late eighties heading to New Zealand.  The take off was in extremely bad weather with it dropping and climbing and the overhead lockers rattling, and so I assumed that this was what flying was like and we had a total of around 48 hours of this, there and back! Thankfully it proved not to be quite that bad

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Thank you. My first ever flight was in a BA 747 in the late eighties heading to New Zealand.  The take off was in extremely bad weather with it dropping and climbing and the overhead lockers rattling, and so I assumed that this was what flying was like and we had a total of around 48 hours of this, there and back! Thankfully it proved not to be quite that bad

 

Just realised that plane you photographed is G-VROM - Barbarella - which is the one I flew out on. The one you flew on with BA in the late 80s was, I'm guessing either a -100 or a -200 and would have had three people in the flight deck and little in the way of glass too! My first flight was a 757-200 with the airline "Flying colours".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cal said:

......either a -100 or a -200 .....

'City of Stoke on Trent', a -200, and still flying as a cargo conversion. When they name them it does give them a character that the plain ones don't have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in my country Singapore. Automated self check-in kiosks are closed due to the massive decline of passengers flying out of the country during the Covid 19 pandemic crisis. 

 

automated-self-check-in-kiosks-are-close

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

This graffiti appeared on a road bridge near me recently. I guess it sums up what we're all wondering.

 

graffiti-asking-when-will-it-all-end-painted-under-a-bridge-in-reference-to-the-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-in-2020-uk-2D74YC7.jpg

 

 

In my opinion the Human race will be extinct in another 2000 years if not sooner due to covid 19 and/or global warming.

 

Allan

 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

In my opinion the Human race will be extinct in another 2000 years if not sooner due to covid 19 and/or global warming

 

Yes, a loose coalition of dolphins and cockroaches is already planning to take over the reins of power on planet Earth. I can't imagine that we are known to the rest of the animal world as homo sapiens...  🙁

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

 

Yes, a loose coalition of dolphins and cockroaches is already planning to take over the reins of power on planet Earth. I can't imagine that we are known to the rest of the animal world as homo sapiens...  🙁

Haha. Sadly I think the dolphins might be a victim of our plastic waste, including all those single-use face masks so many people are using, but some of the insect world might outlive us! Ants definitely do a better job of working together for the benefit of all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.