I've fallen off the cliff!

16 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Don't forget to take a camera along with you on those allowed activities. Best of luck with the move when it does happen. We're all in one form or another of limbo right now...

I still have my Sony RX100 mk3 to hand but when the card is full that is it. It is making me more conscious of taking only good images and not the dross I would usually delete later on. Good old film days are returning when you had to think about the image carefully before pressing the shutter.

Allan

8 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Even all my cameras and lenses are packed in the car in a big anonymous box

Arrrrgghhh!

Allan

Be careful. If anything is stolen from your car, your insurance might refuse to pay with the excuse that the goods 'were in transit'. It happened. Not to me luckily but I read it.

1 minute ago, gvallee said:

Be careful. If anything is stolen from your car, your insurance might refuse to pay with the excuse that the goods 'were in transit'. It happened. Not to me luckily but I read it.

Hmm! Thats a thought, I will put them back in the office. Thanks for that.

Allan

Just now, spacecadet said:

Er, they're reusable. I only have one.

Yes but because I have packed my desktop and hard drives away I have nothing to download the images to.

Anyway it will probably take me three weeks to fill the card as I do not shoot more than 40 to 50 images a week.

Allan

7 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Yes but because I have packed my desktop and hard drives away I have nothing to download the images to.

Anyway it will probably take me three weeks to fill the card as I do not shoot more than 40 to 50 images a week.

Allan

OIC.

Save a few slide scans I haven't taken a picture for six weeks anyway.

If all my equipment were in a box for over a couple of days, I just might feel panic. That was one of the first things I begged my son-in-law to set up after my move. I really don’t know where all the wires and bits attach, so you’re ahead of me on that front.

Your situation is not of your own making. No fun.

Betty

• Love 1

22 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Lots of luck with the move Allan when it happens....am sure it will all be fine....

Carol

Hi Carol, Sorry I missed your post somehow.

Thank you for your thoughts and the luck you send.

Allan

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

If all my equipment were in a box for over a couple of days, I just might feel panic. That was one of the first things I begged my son-in-law to set up after my move. I really don’t know where all the wires and bits attach, so you’re ahead of me on that front.

Your situation is not of your own making. No fun.

Betty

I think I am beginning to go stir crazy. Sheesh! It's only Friday, doesn't time drag by.

Allan

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Definitely a very slow month so far with only three sales. However, the slump was not unexpected, and staying healthy is the main thing.

I was going to say that we've had very few 'working' days of April thus far....... then a sale came in. Sorry, though that does still stand. Best of luck with the rest of the month.

39 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Definitely a very slow month so far with only three sales. However, the slump was not unexpected, and staying healthy is the main thing.

Slow here too. I will be happily shocked if I even make it to an average month

Sold one fine art print and having a few micro sales (some Covid-19 related), but April is extremely slow. A family friend's brother-in-law died of Covid-19 here in NY, in his 50's, last week, putting financial losses in perspective, but it's all really bad. How we went from a handful of cases to more than any country just in our state in a month's time is truly frightening, and I fear that the numbers will grow outside our area as well. Reading about rural areas in Georgia, for example, where 2 hospitals will need to care for cases from surrounding 16 counties is appalling. Those poor people, how can they even get to a hospital in time, and how overburdened will the system be.

We will have to see our healthcare system revamped when this is over. Though I wouldn't trust our government to run things any better .... I'll stop there, I could go on, but I'm not going to change any minds, and I know most of you would agree with my views, so no point in it. Hope you are all well. 

A group in our town started a gofundme to help local restaurants send meals to hospitals in Westchester County and the Bronx, as well as to first responders in our area (our fire and ambulance are all volunteers). Being able to help them out in some small way was a good feeling, when they are risking their lives. Whether it is neighbors smiling and chatting from a safe distance when we are out walking, or groups getting together like this, it all gives me faith that we are in this together, and somehow we will pull through. 

Trying to think of things to shoot at home, got a bunch of seeds starting but it'll be some time before they bloom. At least I'll know what they are for keywording (if the deer and bunnies don't get them first).  😎🍅🥕🌸🌻

Edited by Marianne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

Absolutely zero sales on Alamy in the last month....but just got an order on our own website for 6 framed prints @ £183 each. Some people are still buying, luckily!

Got me curious there! Took a look at your site: some fine images and a great little niche there. Deserved sales - well done. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, losdemas said:

Got me curious there! Took a look at your site: some fine images and a great little niche there. Deserved sales - well done. :)

Thank you! It’s kept us busy for the last 18 years. 

On 14/04/2020 at 00:22, losdemas said:

Agreed !

Strangely enough, this month I've already grossed more than last, but the numbers of sales are way down, while zooms have almost expired, and views the lowest for a long time.

Spending time on POD, but no sales there.

Still fit and healthy however, so can't complain 🙂

• Love 3

very slow here too; probably below half the sales I would have expected by this time in a normal April  - probably doesn't help that many of my images are travel-related

Kumar

~60% of both views & zooms

....and 0% of sales :(

At least half a dozen unreported (by the client) sales (4 going back to 2018) and a PU abuse (2017) to add, though...

Edited by losdemas