I've fallen off the cliff!

11 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Yes. Now I am doing the unpacking and not enough room to put it all.

Allan

Should have done what my OH did last time.

Bought a bigger house.

Snag is, we still live in it and 30 years later we have 60% fewer people and still about 90% of the stuff.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Stokie said:

Blimey -  you'll be tired by then!!!

Well done on the move! All good things come to those that wait!

I've never been to Lincoln, it's on my list of places to visit once lockdown is finally relaxed.

John.

Lincoln is hugely worth the visit John! (and you might get a bed for the night from Allan!!)

Kumar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Lincoln is hugely worth the visit John! (and you might get a bed for the night from Allan!!)

Kumar

There is a spare bedroom for visitors. When the beds arrive.🤪

Allan

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Hang your self on a coat hook at night Allan. Does wonders for stretching out the ole spine. It’ll also make that bed feel extra good when it comes. 😉  

Then start sorting, see if there are things you never use that you can sell and make a bit of money.
Those momentos you never look at and any of your family would toss? You toss. I’ve done some of that. Things like the ticket stubs to the Oklahoma football games that meant so much to me...it’s the memory of the games, not the stub I want. I never missed them once I tossed them.

Decide what you really use and get rid of the rest. If I can ever have the garage sale I’m planning on having, you’d be shocked at what I’ll get rid of. I was planning it for last month, but....
So happy you are moved, don’t envy you the unpacking. Pace yourself and think about the suggested air bed (other thread) to get you by.

Betty

I think I would prefer my camp bed and sleeping bag. People have been known to drape themselves over a washing line and go to sleep.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

17 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

At least no one will be able to accuse you of lying down on the job. 😉

I have no idea where Lincolnshire is, but I'm happy to hear that the move went well.

7 hours ago, Stokie said:

Blimey -  you'll be tired by then!!!

Well done on the move! All good things come to those that wait!

I've never been to Lincoln, it's on my list of places to visit once lockdown is finally relaxed.

John.

3 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Glad you managed to finally move Allan I bet it was a massive relief for you.  I look forward to seeing some lovely seal images from Donna Nook later in the year...Lots of luck and happiness in your new home.

Carol

1 hour ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Well done Allan.

Thank you one and all. Aren't you all a nice friendly bunch.

I am already surrounded by nice friendly neighbours too. There's John & Angela, Richard & Ann, Tom & Jill, Ian & ????(Darn forgot the ladies name) and Jim & Toni.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

On 20/05/2020 at 18:01, Allan Bell said:

Another sale come in for me in the mid $$. Things seem to be looking up for me just now.

BTW I am writing this post from my new home in Lincoln, well not quite in Lincoln but from a village on the outskirts. I am only 5 miles from the centre of Lincoln.

Now the work really starts to try to get things sorted and settle in. Jesh! I did not realise how much stuff I have and it is mostly in boxes. Sorry I digress.

Allan

When I first started a proper job it was based in Lincoln and, along with a colleague, I rented a bungalow in Torksey Lock.  Later I stayed with my wife a bit closer to the city centre. We enjoyed our time there but the city has changed dramatically since then, at that time it was like being in a time warp, it felt like it was 10 years behind the remainder of the UK -  but none the worse for that.  A lovely place to live.

We re-visited a couple of years ago and were most impressed with the transformation, the area around the waterside is stunning, while the old town is just as attractive as ever .  Enjoy!

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Kumar

I think I might leave it for a few weeks yet! (especially as Alan hasn't got any beds!!)

John.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

OK then, I'll add it to my bucket list. Don't they sleep standing-up in Lincoln? 🌛

They do now!

John.

On 21/05/2020 at 18:18, Bryan said:

When I first started a proper job it was based in Lincoln and, along with a colleague, I rented a bungalow in Torksey Lock.  Later I stayed with my wife a bit closer to the city centre. We enjoyed our time there but the city has changed dramatically since then, at that time it was like being in a time warp, it felt like it was 10 years behind the remainder of the UK -  but none the worse for that.  A lovely place to live.

We re-visited a couple of years ago and were most impressed with the transformation, the area around the waterside is stunning, while the old town is just as attractive as ever .  Enjoy!

From what I remember of Lincoln going back to the early seventies I have seen a lot of changes particularly around the Brayford Pool area with all the new and refurbished buildings. The university on one side and recreational facilities (restaurants, cinemas, etc) on the other. Still love the old parts too but there is a lot of building/ renovation work still going on around the Cathedral so it is covered in scaffolding at times. I can wait till it clears though. Although there might be some kudos in images of the works and scaffolding.

Allan

Nary a sale since the 15th, so May is starting to feel a bit like falling off a cliff ---

---

---

--- 😲

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

I did worry that the virus would kill this business but things are still ticking over. Views and CTR right down from a high of a few months ago, but, when I check, my CTR is about the same it was last May. Uploading far fewer photos as we are not travelling, a few shots stuck in QC over the bank holiday weekend, and  just seeing a continuation of the  gradual decline that has been going on for some years. Gross oversupply, decline in printed media etc etc.....

On 23/05/2020 at 06:02, Bionic said:

Congrats on the move and welcome to Lincolnshire :) From what I’ve read it sounds like we’re practically neighbours so hello from almost Grantham / Sleaford 👋

Oh, I was born in Grantham - well at the hospital, but lived in Barkston. But been living in Australia for over 60 years.

3 hours ago, cbimages said:

Oh, I was born in Grantham - well at the hospital, but lived in Barkston. But been living in Australia for over 60 years.

That’s a coincidence. We’ve got friends that live in Barkston and my wife used to run the toddler group there a while back

• Love 1

Yes, Lincolnshire has a lot to offer; Louth is a charming town, even a little hilly around there, terrific beaches, a fast train service to London if you want, and it's relatively inexpensive! The city of Lincoln is impressive if cities are your thing. The fens are a little bleak in winter perhaps.

4 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

Yes, Lincolnshire has a lot to offer; Louth is a charming town, even a little hilly around there, terrific beaches, a fast train service to London if you want, and it's relatively inexpensive! The city of Lincoln is impressive if cities are your thing. The fens are a little bleak in winter perhaps.

Eh? Louth hasn't had a railway station since about 1970.

Are you trying to get people to leave Suffolk so it's a bit quieter?;)

I take your word for lack of trains from Louth, I wasn't thinking of a train service from there specifically. I just like the town. I'm happy to share Suffolk though Southwold (no trains!) is somewhat over-run with second-homers. Ipswich (lots of trains!) now has some pretty rough bits and county lines problems, but the docklands have come up in the scheme of things. Bouncers on most of the central pubs which tells you something.

Edited by Robert M Estall

11 hours ago, Bryan said:

I did worry that the virus would kill this business but things are still ticking over. Views and CTR right down from a high of a few months ago, but, when I check, my CTR is about the same it was last May. Uploading far fewer photos as we are not travelling, a few shots stuck in QC over the bank holiday weekend, and  just seeing a continuation of the  gradual decline that has been going on for some years. Gross oversupply, decline in printed media etc etc.....

So yesterday was one of those mysterious "bank holidays" in the UK. Plus it was Memorial Day in the US. A double whammy, so to speak. Hopefully, there will be an end-of-month surge this week. Wouldn't know it today, though. 😐

11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Wouldn't know it today, though. 😐

I've had six web news sales in today, being what I'd call typically end of month 'surge' licences. Less than usual, and small amounts. I'd love more, but that might well be it. 😞

Just want to add quick comment re main topic "I've fallen off the cliff"

I don't sell much here, but when I do at least I feel I am compensated fairly.   After seeing payment restructuring announcement on certain well known micro this morning, I am more than ever glad I am on Alamy.   Cheers,  cliff might look high at times, but there is always soft landing somewhere.

• Love 3