$135 gross for 2 x sales

Poor for sales but ctr very good these days,

zooms very good, hoping therefore for a better next quarter !

But well up on last year so far and sales average looking great.

2492 views - slightly below average

13 zooms - below average

7 sales for $132 - above average sales but the 5th month in a row average sale is below the level I have set to keep uploading.

I time my year to coincide with the UK tax year. The stats are.

Images uploaded up 64%

Views up 85%

Zooms up 86%

sales up 70%

Gross up 46%

Nett Up 44%

Average price Down 15% - this is nothing to do with the commission change as I am nearly 95% Alamy exclusive.

This underlines the problem here. In comparison with the growth in portfolio size, views, zooms and sales volume are all good. It's the finances that don't hold up. Alamy cannot keep selling cheaper and cheaper every passing year. At the present rate of decline in average price, this will be my last year uploading here. Somewhere along the line there is a limit when enough is enough.

12 sales for $340 - both slightly below average.

lowest $, highest $61.76 on the last day.

1-3-19  sales 24, views 9579, zooms 55, ctr 0.57

29-3-19  sales 21, views 8393, zooms 28, ctr 0.33

not a good trend.....

John.

8 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

1. . Prices were good though. I'm looking forward to a productive spring. 

I'm having nothing but trouble posting in the forum these days -- am I the only one??? I type 2 graphs and they vanish?

Not having any problems posting, Ed. Your above post seems to be as if something was left out (disappeared) before

“1. . Prices”

71for just under $2K gross, so poor average gross  of $28/sale. All exclusive

(cf. March 2018 - 72 sales for a gross of just under $3K)

3 $$$ sales, best $200 for a book cover

Best month ever for zooms with 294, CTR 0.75

Kumar

Average month, 7 sales gross $424.27, including 2 at $$$ and one small distributor sale. The commission cut really hurt, just $166.77 for me. CTR .95.

What really hurt was a refund of a $$$ sale from early December, which had cleared and was paid to me as part of my end of January amount.

6 hours ago, Dave Nelson said:

Views and zooms jumped up, sales holding steady at Zero.  Hoping for a great April!

Take a look at the first 2 pages of your port, then the first 2 pages of mine - people doing things.  More people - watch the sales roll in. 👍

1 hour ago, Isacco said:

I sold 1 photo in March for 7$ gross. First sale since the last one in September 2018 😞

Isacco - in your first 300 images I counted only about 20 with people in. 

Need to increase that to get sales

Kumar

Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it!

I can't pay for models in order to have model releases. Is it enough to have editorial photos with people? Or is this license too restrictive?

1 hour ago, Isacco said:

I can't pay for models in order to have model releases. Is it enough to have editorial photos with people? Or is this license too restrictive?

Editorial is Alamy's bread and butter (and yours, if you play it right)! 

1 hour ago, Isacco said:

Most of us have editorial sales of people with no releases. You can sell those RM or RF-editorial. Very few of us you see on this forum have the money to hire models. Any of mine that have model releases are of family members who were happy to give me a release, other than a neighborhood boy I gave some cash once to pose for me.

Archived