2 hours ago, Russell said:

Congratulations indeed, but please note that the correct spelling is "sepulchre" the Alamy search engine doesn't check for misspellings and you will miss searches.

Except that Americans (who as all Brits know cannot spell) do in fact spell 'sepulchre' as 'sepulcher'

Alex

Happy to get my second ever $$$ sale today, and at 50% commission. Just one of those chance sightings while out for a walk. The usage is External information panel - Located in Paid site / Attraction, in the UK.

pink-coloured-crab-spider-camouflaged-on-bell-heather-in-surrey-uk-PABWKE.jpg

7 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Happy to get my second ever $$$ sale today, and at 50% commission. Just one of those chance sightings while out for a walk. The usage is External information panel - Located in Paid site / Attraction, in the UK.

That's a heck of a spider. Well spotted.

5 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Except that Americans (who as all Brits know cannot spell) do in fact spell 'sepulchre' as 'sepulcher'

Alex

Hmm, notwithstanding our US cousins' inability to spell, the "Church of the Holy Sepulchre" is a proper noun. Spelling "Russell" (referring to me) as "russel" is simply wrong and would result in inaccurate search results on Alamy.

18 hours ago, Russell said:

Congratulations indeed, but please note that the correct spelling is "sepulchre" the Alamy search engine doesn't check for misspellings and you will miss searches.

He has both spellings in the keywords. I usually remember to do it with "mediaeval". Not so often with "colour"- rather a common word.

I note with dismay- and alarm- that there are many more search hits for the misspelling of both those words. In the case of "medieval", ten times as many. Some work for me today.

1 hour ago, domf said:

Pretty ordinary photo when compared to Wim's beautiful flowers.

Sold $

Pop up box office at Fringe World Festival Russell Square Northbridge Perth WA Australia. Stock Photo

Win takes some great pictures, but this isn't a beauty contest/camera club competition! What counts here is saleability (which wim also has nailed)! 

Well done on your sale. 

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

He has both spellings in the keywords. I usually remember to do it with "mediaeval". Not so often with "colour"- rather a common word.

I note with dismay- and alarm- that there are many more search hits for the misspelling of both those words. In the case of "medieval", ten times as many. Some work for me today.

I don’t think anyone really uses uses ‘mediaeval’ much these days, even in the UK. I’m not going to bother adding it, or ‘Middle Ages’. However I do use both archaeology and archeology.

http://www.medievalists.net/2018/01/medieval-or-mediaeval/

49 minutes ago, Sally said:

I don’t think anyone really uses uses ‘mediaeval’ much these days, even in the UK. I’m not going to bother adding it, or ‘Middle Ages’. However I do use both archaeology and archeology.

http://www.medievalists.net/2018/01/medieval-or-mediaeval/

No, it's the other way around. I've just added "medieval" to quite a few images which had only "mediaeval" , which is the correct spelling in my book. I wouldn't dream of using anything else, expect here, for Americans. OED has them as alternatives.

Edit: AoA agrees with you, unfortunately. Perhaps I'll save myself some typing in future.

PU, at full price. wondering why someone would want a photo of a shrimp with a parasite on it's side for personal use! First licence of this image, so I'll be watching like a hawk!

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 22 March 2019
End: 22 March 2024

blue-boxer-shrimp-or-violet-banded-coral-shrimp-stenopus-tenuirostris-D1KXN6.jpg

Archived