11 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Just found this one on a Serbian website and have reported it.

Something to ponder...... the charge for a website  use may be lower than a Personal Use licence.

Imagine a refund/cancellation, followed by the correct licence, for less $ !

30 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Something to ponder...... the charge for a website  use may be lower than a Personal Use licence.

Imagine a refund/cancellation, followed by the correct licence, for less $ !

Indeed. That crossed my mind... 😠

P.S. Now that I look more closely, I see that the image has been credited to a stock agency. I checked the agency's website and my image doesn't appear to be in their collection. One for the Alamy detectives...

58 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Indeed. That crossed my mind... 😠

P.S. Now that I look more closely, I see that the image has been credited to a stock agency. I checked the agency's website and my image doesn't appear to be in their collection. One for the Alamy detectives...

The distributor/agency is Profimedia, a distributor for Alamy.  I've had my Alamy images used on the same website too (Serbia Today).

On the Profimedia website my images can't be found either. Maybe Alamy content is only visible where Profimedia target their operations (south eastern Europe) ?

The internet knows where you are, so adjusts things accordingly.

18 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

The distributor/agency is Profimedia, a distributor for Alamy.  I've had my Alamy images used on the same website too (Serbia Today).

On the Profimedia website my images can't be found either. Maybe Alamy content is only visible where Profimedia target their operations (south eastern Europe) ?

The internet knows where you are, so adjusts things accordingly.

The regional targeting possibility occurred to me as well. 

Were those uses on Serbia Today legitimate or infringements?

Could some less-than-scrupulous agencies be downloading images for PU and then licensing them under the table, I wonder. 

15 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

The regional targeting possibility occurred to me as well. 

Were those uses on Serbia Today legitimate or infringements?

Could some less-than-scrupulous agencies be downloading images for PU and then licensing them under the table, I wonder. 

In my case, the sales were reported. I found where they had been used later using image search. So legit.

I have made an image search with your photo. The Serbia Today site have used your same image a number of times for different stories by the looks of it.

Whether the deal with Profimedia and the Serbia Today site means your image can have an unlimited use or not I don't know.

1 hour ago, AlbertSnapper said:

In my case, the sales were reported. I found where they had been used later using image search. So legit.

I have made an image search with your photo. The Serbia Today site have used your same image a number of times for different stories by the looks of it.

Whether the deal with Profimedia and the Serbia Today site means your image can have an unlimited use or not I don't know.

Thanks. No sales reported other than the PU one for my image, so something strange going on. Shall see what Alamy comes up with.

Mid $$

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 08 March 2019
Duration: Unlimited

Lock 52 at Lawton treble locks on the Trent and Mersey canal at Church Lawton Cheshire England UK

F7WY7F.jpg

John

Archived