How was your September 2018?

A reasonably good month.  Number of sales at 9 was slightly above average,  as was the dollar value at $450.15 / $225.10  (all figures gross / net).  This puts me slightly above last year at this time for net revenue.   No distributor sales this month.

High sale was $175 / $87.50, there were 2 at $100 / $50 each, and the low as $7.49 / $3.74.  There were 1-A, 5 Bs, and one each of E, H, and M.  The M was the high sale, and the first sale of an image taken this year.  All were RF.

The number of views at 3251 was slightly below average, but the zooms at 12 were well below average giving a below average CTR of 0.37.

Robert

As a newish member, I’m fairly encouraged with my four September sales. My best month so far. Two sales were for very decent prices, while the other two weren’t actually terrible. Another popped in today, so I’m hopeful my sales are going to be trending towards at least one per week. 

12 minutes ago, Marb said:

Trust me, it'll be the same if worse.

That's up to you. It's important for new members such as Cecile, there, that they know that their hard work can be rewarded.

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

That's up to you. It's important for new members such as Cecile, there, that they know that their hard work can be rewarded.

One sale per week is a tad optimistic with just over 2000 photos. More like 1 per month if you are lucky. Sorry but just going off my experience and hard work.

33 minutes ago, Marb said:

1 sale. Poor. October looks to be the same.

Our ports are near as damn it the same size yet it seems I'm making more sales.  Why not try news?  Also, I've gone through the first two pages of your port and there's not many 'people doing things' pics.  Again, if you want to email me, I'll give you what info. I know.  Try and stay positive!

6 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Our ports are near as damn it the same size yet it seems I'm making more sales.  Why not try news?  Also, I've gone through the first two pages of your port and there's not many 'people doing things' pics.  Again, if you want to email me, I'll give you what info. I know.  Try and stay positive!

Cheers, I appreciate that but tried news and it hasn't paid dividends. To get so many shots on the filming of War Of The Worlds for instance, already advertised on BBC  and not a sale is pretty dire. I don't think I should come onto this forum when down so perhaps not the best time to post here. Thanks anyway.

Everybody else as you were and keep up the good work and hope you sales stay healthy.

7 minutes ago, Marb said:

Cheers, I appreciate that but tried news and it hasn't paid dividends. To get so many shots on the filming of War Of The Worlds for instance, already advertised on BBC  and not a sale is pretty dire. I don't think I should come onto this forum when down so perhaps not the best time to post here. Thanks anyway.

Forget the War Of The Worlds shoot now and move on to the next thing.  Weather, weather, weather!!!  A lot of my news shots don't sell but I don't let it get me down, it just makes me more determined to make sales the next time.  Don't be a quitter!!!

7 sales for $290 gross. With almost 9,000 images I feel like I should be doing better but perhaps what I'm shooting just isn't what is being sought? I've often wondered if being in the US has a negative impact, too (I've had almost zero luck with my news shots). Regardless, I keep plugging away and hoping for the best :) 

53 minutes ago, Gina Kelly said:

7 sales for $290 gross. With almost 9,000 images I feel like I should be doing better but perhaps what I'm shooting just isn't what is being sought? I've often wondered if being in the US has a negative impact, too (I've had almost zero luck with my news shots). Regardless, I keep plugging away and hoping for the best :) 

You could be right about the negative impact. It looks like most of the photos posted here by members  have European content.

I haven't had a sale here for two months now :(.

Fortunately.... I have another agent with more market reach.

End of rant

Rick

24 minutes ago, Gina Kelly said:

I'm in the UK, had a good very good monthly total of 13. I'd happily have had your 7 sales for $290. I have no luck with news either. I don't think location matters much, just content.

1 hour ago, Gina Kelly said:

Actually, I think it must be extremely challenging for UK-based photographers given all the similar UK subject matter on Alamy. Also, the UK newspaper scheme pays very little, and a lot of UK contributors seem heavily dependent on it. That said, I wish my Vancouver images did better. These days, I'm trying to develop a more "in rather that of" perspective, where location is often secondary.

Archived