The Image Manager thread

Question for those who aren't technologically illiterate, like me!

I've captioned and keyworded an image but have realised I could have used pretty much the same words on another image.  How do I transfer those tags over to the other pic?

Select both images and in the list of tags some will be light grey.  These tags only belong to only one of the images.  As you click on them they turn dark and are applied to both images.  Click save, and you are done.

I've captioned and keyworded an image but have realised I could have used pretty much the same words on another image.  How do I transfer those tags over to the other pic?

Select both images and in the list of tags some will be light grey.  These tags only belong to only one of the images.  As you click on them they turn dark and are applied to both images.  Click save, and you are done.

Brilliant, thanks very much!

It would be really helpful to me if AIM could DISPLAY the pseudonym an image belongs to.  I just get a blue "select" for pseudo.  Anyone else, or am I missing something?

AIM shows me which pseudo the selected image belongs to. 

Jill

Dear Alamy: For those of us still not migrated (and speaking personally, happy not to for the moment!) I think we'll need to post the same questions all over again. With 24 pages already of this thread, trying to read what posters are referring to without having the new pages in front of us means each topic is largely meaningless.

Apart from the blog trumpeting the new look, I haven't yet seen a good Help page but really hope that when the rest of us do inherit, there's some good, updated info available to us (the clipping of keywords, for example) as it seems that the problems and questions will be as extensive.

Rgds,

Richard.

I agree.

I cannot understand why Alamy think it's acceptable to treat a significant percentage of their suppliers in this way and keep them in the dark. It's just poor communication again.

I cannot understand why Alamy think it's acceptable to treat a significant percentage of their suppliers in this way and keep them in the dark. It's just poor communication again.

Perhaps. Although they did warn us that it would be a slow roll-out over months. I'm not at all sure though what the criteria is to migrate or not to migrate. But now Wim has linked to the MI manual (post #275) it'll make things easier when the day comes. Is this made available only on that day?

Rgds,

Richard.

Brilliant, thanks very much!

Colin .. here at 3.50 seconds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeGewd73uw

Dear Alamy: For those of us still not migrated (and speaking personally, happy not to for the moment!) I think we'll need to post the same questions all over again. With 24 pages already of this thread, trying to read what posters are referring to without having the new pages in front of us means each topic is largely meaningless.

Apart from the blog trumpeting the new look, I haven't yet seen a good Help page but really hope that when the rest of us do inherit, there's some good, updated info available to us (the clipping of keywords, for example) as it seems that the problems and questions will be as extensive.

Rgds,

Richard.

I agree.

Perhaps they are holding back to iron out the bugs that have been reported.

Having had a reasonably good look at it now, I have arrived at the opinion that there are some serious design flaws that will not be fixed by bug fixes. I am not a luddite by nature and I enjoy tackling new things. I have learned how to deal with the clunky and non-standard UI. However, I think the tag model is fundamentally flawed and the UI is pretty awful - a right pain to work with for batch inputting of metadata.

For anyone who may be interested, I've just uploaded a file to Alamy via web upload from my iPad. It seems to have arrived safely and is currently in QC. (It'll be interesting to see if it passes).

I can't think of a reason why I would need to do this at any time, but it might be of some use for those submitting via Live News.

One thing I noticed, it appeared in my submissions straight away. My uploads via ftp in the past have taken some time to be shown in track submissions in the old MI. So that's an improvement.

It would be really helpful to me if AIM could DISPLAY the pseudonym an image belongs to.  I just get a blue "select" for pseudo.  Anyone else, or am I missing something?

AIM shows me which pseudo the selected image belongs to. 

Jill

OK.  More specifically:  I have been modifying images that have been zoomed.  When I click them from My Images in Alamy Measures AIM does not show the pseudonym. 

I get it, I already clicked the zooms for a pseudo, so it makes sense that I know what the pseudonym is.  However, if I change the pseudo and I go back to the image the same way, I just wanted confirmation of the change.  Not a show stopper, but reconfirmation would be nice.

Rgds,

Richard.

I agree.

Perhaps they are holding back to iron out the bugs that have been reported.

Having had a reasonably good look at it now, I have arrived at the opinion that there are some serious design flaws that will not be fixed by bug fixes. I am not a luddite by nature and I enjoy tackling new things. I have learned how to deal with the clunky and non-standard UI. However, I think the tag model is fundamentally flawed and the UI is pretty awful - a right pain to work with for batch inputting of metadata.

Pretty much what I thought the first time I clapped my eyes on it as a beta tester. Fiddly and Clumsy, requiring too much work on existing images to be worthwhile. I really don't see the need to reinvent the wheel , when what was there worked, and could have been improved without moving the goalposts.

- and what if you want to keyword a newly approved image that has not gone live yet and you want to do this with an older image? When I choose the new image and search for the older and choose this I am only seeing the older image and the showing of keywords in grey doesn't work.

- and what if you want to keyword a newly approved image that has not gone live yet and you want to do this with an older image? When I choose the new image and search for the older and choose this I am only seeing the older image and the showing of keywords in grey doesn't work.

It's a problem I think may have been mentioned before.

Maybe adding a tag which is in the old image to the new image and then searching for that tag? It's not something I've tried, but it might work.

It's a problem I think may have been mentioned before.

Maybe adding a tag which is in the old image to the new image and then searching for that tag? It's not something I've tried, but it might work.

Yes, had a feeling it had been dealt with before. - and about the two step method - probably the only way. Will do the rest tomorrow, I think both images have to be live.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if the roll out began with the oldest members first, regardless of image count. It's obvious that it's not alphabetical. I'm a member since 2006.

Have been a member since 2005 and have not yet got the new MI......and am thankful for that....quite happy with the old system and happy to wait until all the bugs are ironed out...looks like a big headache to me !!!

I'm wondering if the roll out began with the oldest members first, regardless of image count. It's obvious that it's not alphabetical. I'm a member since 2006.

Have been a member since 2005 and have not yet got the new MI......and am thankful for that....quite happy with the old system and happy to wait until all the bugs are ironed out...looks like a big headache to me !!!

Me too (2005) and I still don't have it either

Archived