The Image Manager thread

, but my old (over keyworded in many cases) uploads are now buggered with no option to see beyond 50 tags to begin deleting dupes or irrelevant tags.

VERY DISAPPOINTED to say the least.

I can see all my 50+ tags. Deleting them one by one is a bit laborious though.

The excess isn't visible, I can only see 50/50.

I want to see all tags so that I can delete the dross, but I only see the ones over the 50 limit as I start to delete tags.

I may have been a bit harsh in my original comment, but I just don't look forward to the extra work which will be needed on almost every image, for, in some cases, little reward, but, of course, I can always accept the advice from others that it will make my port stronger when I finally finish re-doing the whole shebang.

, but my old (over keyworded in many cases) uploads are now buggered with no option to see beyond 50 tags to begin deleting dupes or irrelevant tags.

VERY DISAPPOINTED to say the least.

I can see all my 50+ tags. Deleting them one by one is a bit laborious though.

The excess isn't visible, I can only see 50/50.

I want to see all tags so that I can delete the dross, but I only see the ones over the 50 limit as I start to delete tags.

I may have been a bit harsh in my original comment, but I just don't look forward to the extra work which will be needed on almost every image, for, in some cases, little reward, but, of course, I can always accept the advice from others that it will make my port stronger when I finally finish re-doing the hole shebang.

I'm looking at an old over-keyworded image now. I can see all 32 rows, so there must be nearly 150, and I see them all. Could you have a truncated window?

Lats week I could have just deleted the unwanted comps in one go, but now apparently I have to click each tag one at a time. It's quite fiddly hitting the cross- you have to be quite accurate.

You can't just progress through a set of images with the arrow key either- you have to select and deselect individually. Pain.

And does anyone know how to stop the Chrome image pop-out? It gets in the way.

You can't see all the +50 tags when you select several images. That's the disaster: you can't get rid of duplicate tags in batch  :angry:

Cheers,

Philippe

I can. I've selected 4 images and I'm seeing over 150 tags and can delete them as required. Tricky to find an individual one though.

Still wondering what's happened to QC though.

You can't see all the +50 tags when you select several images. That's the disaster: you can't get rid of duplicate tags in batch  :angry:

Cheers,

Philippe

I can. I've selected 4 images and I'm seeing over 150 tags and can delete them as required. Tricky to find an individual one though.

Hi Mark

Still not on the new system but had images go through QC in 24 hours yesterday not going to Keyword yet.

Jon

Cheers,

Philippe

I can't!

When I select two images with 50+ tags, I see a lot less tags, and yes, I can eliminate some but can't add a new tag without seeing the message "You've exceeded the limit for tags on one or more of your selected images.:angry: . But when - after eliminating tags - I select just one of these two images, I see again ALL duplicate tags.

Cheers,

Philippe

I get exactly the same problem Philippe - the reduced number of tags showing are because the duplicates are not shown. Can't add new because of exceeding the limit. I had gotten around this on day 1 when then system was deleting the extra words when we did a save. But that stopped working and seems to have made this impossible without going through every single image 1 by 1 and deleting out the duplicates 1 by 1. Way too much hassle.

In the past 30 minutes i have gone from wanting to throw something heavy at my computer to then finding out some brilliant little touches from the new site.

I think its a question of patience (of which i have none) of playing with it until you completely understand i as well as the last one. 

In the past 30 minutes i have gone from wanting to throw something heavy at my computer ..

Still in ignorant bliss here and happy that my blood pressure remains low. I'm still using MI v1 (possibly the very last to do so) but will turn off the light when I leave.

In the past 30 minutes i have gone from wanting to throw something heavy at my computer ..

Still in ignorant bliss here and happy that my blood pressure remains low. I'm still using MI v1 (possibly the very last to do so) but will turn off the light when I leave.

No, I'm still with you, Richard.

Think it would drive me bonkers going thru all my images again and adjust to the new system, so I'm just going to put on some krautrock by Can (their drummer died a couple of days ago), and forget about MI.

Gosh. I haven't heard any Can in years. I did listen to some Kraftwerk the other day. Time to dig around in the dark dusty recesses, I think.

My initial reactions after using the new IM

1. Deselecting is really annoying.  It's not intuitive because that's not how every other system works.

2. Batch tagging useless if combined number of tags selected is more than 50 as you can't see them all.  Also, if one of the the images selected already has 10 supertags then you can't select supertags for any other images in the batch.  So, completely useless.  I can't do more than like 3 or 4 images per batch.  

3. Upload is slower than before but I like that I can see the images.  

4. After I uploaded my batch I clicked "add more images" (I can't remember exact name of that button) and it wouldn't take more images.

This is what I find annoying so far.

An issue I've seen this morning is that of "clipping" of words in some of my images despite no evidence of such in the new IM.

What I'm seeing is that zooming through on my image from the search engine some keywords shown are clipped. I have Thailand showing as tha, and congested showing as co. Etc etc

Anyone else seeing this?

I have seen this both in MI and on the zoom page on the client's side.

It took me a while to figure out where the ones on the MI side came from, but it is very simple:

If you put in more than 30 characters, then everything over 30 gets deleted. Leaving a clipped word.

And those show up on the client's side as well.

The really weird thing is that I have some on the client's side that are not in MI.

On legacy images (images with legacy keywords) the problems stem from interpunction that the new system sees as a tag delimiter. As we have seen this can be an apostrophe or a comma or a semicolon. It then goes searching for the next and throws out everything that's over 30 characters. Really bad of course. However it's not doing it the same all the time. Like I had apostrophes go through and deleted in the same image.

I do not know how the system is treating keywords from Photoshop or Bridge or any other program that allows 64 characters. Which also happens to be the IPTC standard.

Why the builders did not adhere to the standard is anybody's guess.

wim

In the top left where it reads "All submissions    Images ....." Mine says I have 10916 which is incorrect. I had suspected this is including deleted images. I just checked under a pseudo I previously used for moving images into that I wanted to delete, this still shows a preview of the images I deleted back in 2013. Why are they still there? Why are they included in the number of images count? 

My number seems to include uploads that failed so is not the same number that I have on sale.

Paulette

Why does the new image manager mess the keywords up and just put bits of them in??? (I think Wim has mentioned this)

Yesterday for example i keyworded "south Africa" as a supertag - today on looking at my keywords for those images some of them just have "So" as a supertag!

Also some have "museum" as "mu" today?? - these are just examples and it seems to be happening quite ofetn!

AARGHHHHHHHHH! Its bad enough having to go back and re-keyword individual images with the new MI without then having to go back again and check them!!!

Kumar

Is there a way to delete an image waiting to be QCed?  I thought that was one of the features but I can't find a way of doing it.

Yes but you can probably only see it after the thumbnails are showing, before they have been through QC. This is from memory though, as I have no images waiting at the moment.

wim

In the top left where it reads "All submissions    Images ....." Mine says I have 10916 which is incorrect. I had suspected this is including deleted images. I just checked under a pseudo I previously used for moving images into that I wanted to delete, this still shows a preview of the images I deleted back in 2013. Why are they still there? Why are they included in the number of images count? 

My number seems to include uploads that failed so is not the same number that I have on sale.

Paulette

thanks Paulette, interesting failed uploads are included too - surely all anyone wants to see is the images that are actually on sale here and those awaiting being put on sale. 

Think it would drive me bonkers going thru all my images again and adjust to the new system, so I'm just going to put on some krautrock by Can (their drummer died a couple of days ago), and forget about MI.

Gosh. I haven't heard any Can in years. I did listen to some Kraftwerk the other day. Time to dig around in the dark dusty recesses, I think.

I'm listening to Ege Bamyasi now.

Kraftwerk... love listening to them whilst driving past Frankfurt airport on the busy A3 Autobahn.

Both sure beat getting my head around the new Manage Images !

Is there a way to delete an image waiting to be QCed?  I thought that was one of the features but I can't find a way of doing it.

Yes but you can probably only see it after the thumbnails are showing, before they have been through QC. This is from memory though, as I have no images waiting at the moment.

wim

The thumbnails are showing and I can't see any button that would allow me to delete images from QC.

Archived