Well ... can't hope for much more today, so that's a wrap for October.  A dozen sales for $716.

Better than the last couple of months and zooms went way up in October, so I'm hoping for a strong end to 2015.   I'll need it to get above sales of the last two years, even though I have more than 10,000 images now.

October means I have as many sales as last year, more than 2013. I am still behind 2014 on revenue but comfortably ahead of 2013. But then I have done very little with Alamy (or anyone) this year. I reworked my pseudonyms and some reviewing my keywords during summer of 2014 and then stopped tinkering for it find its level (MY CTR has been improving as has my ranking on my test searches). It is slightly encouraging as I have had a more reliable 6 months than any period inprevious few years even if the sales value was better.

Just getting going again with the business of photography after taking a sabbatical for personal projects to rediscover my photography mojo and to understand what I am about as a photographer.

Once again newspaper sales reported in the last week turned a bad month into an OK one.

Quite a lot of zooms and a record number (I think) of published images found that I will hopefully get paid for at some time in the future.

Like many others it seems, sales volume up but revenue down on recent years.

October started off great for me with 11 sales by mid-month and 5 of those sales were over $100 (one was for $510)......Then someone turned the spigot off, with only 3 more low value sales after that.

So I had 14 sales (about average) for $1,222 (a little above average for me now).  

Good month for me - in fact my best in the 21 months I've been a contributor on Alamy.  10 sales for a gross of $382.  First month in double figures for volume, first month over £100 nett, first TV sale.  And zooms and CTR are holding up pretty well.  

Best month of the year by a small margin. 21 for $1927: a good average!

Worst month this year so far: 11 for $487. Best month volume-wise: last month with 23.

One re-fund. Remember my #999 which was $240? That one got refunded last Thursday, but re-appeared at a slightly lower fee.

Highest: $378 for a cover.

Lowest: UK newspaper deal.

wim

A rather poor two sales for just under $57 net in total.

My long-term average has been one sale per thousand images per month, but I'm way down on that this year, and value per image is also way down. This is way past the point where there's a commercial justification for putting images on Alamy - it's more a matter that the images do slightly better on Alamy than on my hard drive! 

5 sales for $88.43 gross (a whopping $36.10 net).

January to July this year I was getting between 8 - 12 licences a month here (from about 3400 images). Thought that would keep me okay up in the rankings, but I plummeted in the last re-rank, now getting half the views and sales now.

Maybe it's someone else's turn to have a good run now !

One pattern I have been noticing for months is the growing percentage of sales I am getting from recently-taken images.

A disproportionate amount of money is coming from the images I have taken in the last 12-18 months.

Is this the market or Alamy's search engine? I don't know, but I think the best way to get new sales is to upload new images.

Archived