How was your April 2014?

How was your April?

Mine was pretty good, second best month ever for sales (8 + 1 unreported) and best month ever for sales value ($519)!

Lowest $32, highest $125, no distributor or newspaper schemes sales.

John.

Improved, 7 sales this month with net take home pay being the highest since Oct 2013, Hopefully the improvement will continue. 

I have noticed the confirmed zooms are down but the majority of the sales seem to be un-zoomed images. Maybe the drop in zooms we are seeing is not a lack of interest but a change in the way customers are viewing the files and making their finale selection... using lightboxes more?!?

I've clearly upset the Alamy Gods big style and need to do penance or find some small animal to sacrifice. After three good months, and thinking that I had cracked it, zooms down by half and a gloomy three newspaper scheme sales bringing in next to nowt. Ah well, I've had my period in the sun and am now sinking back into the shadows to let someone else have the limelight.  :(

Not so bad, 16 sales and one more even small one would have taken me over the $1000 gross, which I was hoping for but of course nothing dropped in at the last minute! More direct sales, and much better values from UK newspapers and websites. I did still get one $8 sale but other newspaper uses I know about were over the $50 mark indicating a welcome return to common sense. Having said all this, I could do with four times as many sales of course and the answer to that would be better content I think rather than better keywording. That's entirely in my hands...

April 2014: 21 for 1198

offset by some (part) refunds for March.

2013 Q1: 50 for 2656 (+24 Novel Use)

2014 Q1: 49 for 3214

Last Novel Use I've got were in September 2013. None since. Could be that the contracts have run out, at least the ones that reported monthly.

wim

Generally seems to be an improving situation for most reporting here so far, which is good to see.

The same goes for me.  Only 2 sales, but a good month for value: one ~$65 gross, the other >$110.  Better than nowt, and encourages me to start uploading again.

Zooms have been very low the past few months, but hopefully steady and improving sales results will help maintain a certain ranking to enable those sales to continue.

I get the impression that there has been a determined effort behind the scenes by the Alamy staff to improve both prices and returns, and to recover past unpaid licenses, so many thanks to them for all their efforts.

Onward and upward!

Slightly below average with 34 sales for $2010, but the encouraging news is that 3 were for over $200 each, which I have not had for some time. Also only 1 of 34 was a distributor sale.

In newspaper scheme, not in NU

Hope you all have a good May!

Kumar

5 sales for April for about $90 gross, curiously all in the last week. Still number of sales is better than the usual 2 per month average.

Now where's that monkey, I need to feed it.

Andy

Archived