Images sold in April 2023

Everyone is welcome to come to Manchester UK and copy my protests and shop signs photos. One reason I look at these sold threads is to see what buyers like, whatever the fee from the image, so that's the point for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zxzoomy said:

Everyone is welcome to come to Manchester UK and copy my protests and shop signs photos. One reason I look at these sold threads is to see what buyers like, whatever the fee from the image, so that's the point for me. 

If you see my image on page 5, it is one that paid $$$. I do post most of them. Then another above mid-$, a granddaughter. She’s not a baby anymore so nobody can copy her. 😊 If you notice, many of the posted sold images are rather unique, not easily duplicated. I rather expect there are more than a few of us who hold back. So the point for me is from now on I won’t post news of my $$$ images unless they are unique since it irritates some.

Ognyan Yosifov’s sad experience bolsters keeping some things to oneself, proving some people do run out & copy, thus relegating one’s image (even Alamywhacks) to be lost among many.

Edited by Betty LaRue

59 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

If you see my image on page 5, it is one that paid $$$. I do post most of them. Then another above mid-$, a granddaughter. She’s not a baby anymore so nobody can copy her. 😊 If you notice, many of the posted sold images are rather unique, not easily duplicated. I rather expect there are more than a few of us who hold back. So the point for me is from now on I won’t post news of my $$$ images unless they are unique since it irritates some.

Ognyan Yosifov’s sad experience bolsters keeping some things to oneself, proving some people do run out & copy, thus relegating one’s image (even Alamywhacks) to be lost among many.

Betty, I really enjoy reading your posts as those from other fellow contributors and my post wasn't against you personally. It is always good news to read about someone selling for high amounts (or for any amount). I just got really disappointed about my experience in the past...

11 hours ago, Marianne said:

Go to the full size image on Alamy, then pull the image up into the browser bar so you get a url ending in jpg, then copy that url, come back here, click on insert image from URL and paste in the url you just copied. It'll become second nature in no time. Used to be able to just drag the image into your post but no more. This works in most, maybe even all,  browsers (I'm using Chrome with a MAC)  

Welcome back. Hope you get a better $$ next time! Prices have dipped since you've been gone. 

Thanks! I managed to change it and add the image :)

My Hughie has sold!! Along with Outback pubs, roadhouse and old museum.

It's so rare to get any interest in the Australian Outback. Although they are Presentations for $ each, it makes my heart sing. I uploaded those because that's where I love to travel, so I might as well give it a go. I actually have a series of remote Outback pubs on my social media photography page (27 as of yesterday).

2M9P0PN.jpg

2M9P0E3.jpg

2NB8DCD.jpg

2K7K5DD.jpg

2DAD9A9.jpg

Oh wow! And a 6th sale just dropped in. Another Outback pic. I love month ends.

Australia - Media, design & publishing - high $$

2B193P0.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 2
  • Like 4

Just $$.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 March 2023
One use in a single editorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom

colourful-houses-mumbles-swansea-wales-E

• Love 3

7 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Betty, I really enjoy reading your posts as those from other fellow contributors and my post wasn't against you personally. It is always good news to read about someone selling for high amounts (or for any amount). I just got really disappointed about my experience in the past...

I understood that after your 2nd post, Ognyan. Absolutely no worries. I feel bad for your loss of an Alamywhack, even if it weren’t meant to have been caused. Those are hard to come by. I don’t think I have any. 

• Like 1

@Ognyan Yosifov & @Betty LaRue

I remember Alamy sold a concept image of mine years ago for $250 and I was thrilled to post it at the time. I later saw many copies both here and on the micros - it's tough because I love to share it when I have an idea I came up with and executed. I just shot some photos yesterday & the day before for the new Alamy contest and they are unique ideas that someone else, with time and effort, could copy, but I'd love to share them... but am reluctant to do so after reading this discussion.

In coming up with the concept and similar ones, I studied what sold in this genre and what was available, and then purposely did something different rather than ape someone else's best-seller, but I never wanted to be a copycat. 

You can copyright a photo but not an idea, so there's no way to completely protect ourselves when we have a good one. It's a shame we can't all just think for ourselves but in this case imitation is NOT the sincerest form of flattery so I get where Betty is coming from. 

• Like 2

Over mid $$, RM, zoomed, shot February 2023 locally. 

Country: United Kingdom, Usage: Editorial, Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic, Print run: up to 50,000, Placement: Inside, Image Size: 1/2 page Start: 01 May 2023

Duration: In perpetuity License period: Monthly; Print run: 40,000

oxford-uk-february-18th-2023-thousands-o

Below $$, RM, shot May 2019, not zoomed.

Country: Worldwide, Usage: Editorial, Editorial Book, print run 12,000, World all language, Any size, Any placement, Media: Book, print and/or e-book, Start: 20 April 2023, End: 20 April 2028

london-uk-26th-may-2019-the-unique-float

Recently have seen more reasonable licence fees, no $2 sales for a long time.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Mid $$ another infringement, website, perpetuity.

None of my infringements has showed up on GIS, BTW.

Nice to have a licence that would actually pay for a few pints here, rather than a bag of crisps..

adnams-butt-and-oyster-pub-pin-mill-suffolk-england-JBKP7D.jpg
Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

On 27/04/2023 at 08:11, Webby said:

Just $$.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 March 2023
One use in a single editorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom

colourful-houses-mumbles-swansea-wales-E

I remember seeing this. Guardian 1 Mar 2023  UK house prices fall at fastest annual rate since 2012 Nice picture.

• Thanks 1

Usage: Commercial electronic, Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.

cute-sea-otter-enhydra-lutris-lying-back

Sea Otter in Seldovia Harbor, Alaska

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 3

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/EAJPBA/adelaide-botanic-garden-palm-house-old-victorian-greenhouse-from-1876-EAJPBA.jpg

Germany Magazine - print, digital and electronic - Mid low $$ Distributor.

Adelaide Botanic Garden Palm House restored old Victorian greenhouse from 1876.

12 Distributors so far this month. Lowest 2.32 Highest 45.76 gross.

wim

edit: probably interesting for a German magazine because the design was by German architect Gustav Runge. It was prefabricated by J.F.Hoper in Bremen, Germany and erected in Adelaide in 1876 by the second director Dr Richard Moritz Schomburgk, as a conservatory for tropical plants and palms. The design is a replica of a conservatory built for A.W.Rothermund at Oberneuland near Bremen, which was demolished in 1933.

Of which only Gustav Runge was in my keywords. Not German design or any of the other things that are in my description.

Taken in 2006, this was the first time it was licensed.

Maybe the fault of my keywords. Maybe because there were not many images on line initially, but now there are 76 for Adelaide Botanic Garden Palm House, 47 of which are of this glass house. But maybe the description is searchable at the distributor's website?

Edited by wiskerke
  • Love 1
  • Like 2