Images sold in April 2023

7 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Those archival photos are working for you!

Yes, I also get a great thrill when I see them published, especially the ones by teacher Margaret Folland. I am sure that she would be delighted that they are being used for educational purposes.  It is also giving real pleasure to a former pupil of hers who follows the progress of these images and regularly posts comments on my blog. It makes all the effort worthwhile. 

Scroll down for comment

https://blog.geographyphotos.com/2023/04/26/apartment-blocks-brasilia-in-1962/

Also here:

https://blog.geographyphotos.com/2023/02/03/the-floating-city-of-manaus/

"I am thrilled to see these photos again. Miss Folland was my inspirational, lively, energetic Geography teacher from 1963 to 1969. She taught us about world Geography through her own experience of it. She was keen to find the truth about other lives in parts of the world she probably knew we would never see. Her lessons were the ones we very much looked forward to especially when she showed her slides using a projector. She asked us to look, to ask questions about what we saw and she would tell us the stories of the indigenous people pictured. She told us all about the lives of the people living on the rafts of wood, how this area was near a big city where work could be found, about the boats that would weave their way between the floating houses and how the women and children rarely left the wooden floating shacks. So much we learned. I actually remember seeing some of these very photos in our lessons. She never showed us photos which included her travel companions."

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

The Devil's Elbow. A93 Cairnwell Pass, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, Europe. 

The Devil's Elbow. A93 Cairnwell Pass, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom, Europe. Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 30 March 2023
Duration: In perpetuity One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1982 and the only fish I can remember that ever gave me a smile.

2 sales of same image, both distributor and same client I presume.

Usage: Editorial.

Media: Editorial website.

Industry sector: General business services.

Image size: Any size.

Started: 1.3.23

Duration: In perpetuity, Germany, Editorial website.

$ my share of total just under $10.

anglerfish-lophius-piscatorius-closeup-o

Anglerfish, Scotland. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Roy Waller said:

1982 and the only fish I can remember that ever gave me a smile.

2 sales of same image, both distributor and same client I presume.

Usage: Editorial.

Media: Editorial website.

Industry sector: General business services.

Image size: Any size.

Started: 1.3.23

Duration: In perpetuity, Germany, Editorial website.

$ my share of total just under $10.

anglerfish-lophius-piscatorius-closeup-o

Anglerfish, Scotland. 

Wish I hadn’t seen this. I’ll be staring at my dark closet half the night.Those are fangs! 

Manchester, UK, 14th December, 2022.  Placards beside striking rail workers at Piccadilly Station, Manchester, England, United Kingdom, British Isles, as the national rail strike continues. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News.  Worldwide Editorial. $$.  The end of month perked up. 

2M2PAFH.jpg

• Like 1

Of twenty licences that dropped in over the last two days just this one went for more than single figures in gross value. My local council offices standing in for Kosovo during filming for The Crown:

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-14th-dec-2022-filming-for-the-new-series-of-the-crown-is-taking-place-in-southend-on-sea-with-the-citys-council-offices-being-transformed-into-a-kosovo-war-zone-with-un-and-military-vehicles-parked-around-battle-damaged-cars-and-parts-of-the-building-actor-bertie-carvel-playing-tony-blair-is-seen-meeting-people-and-making-a-speech-in-front-of-a-crowd-with-armed-soldiers-standing-guard-recreating-blairs-visit-to-pristina-in-1999-a-placard-says-kosovo-thanks-you-due-for-release-in-2023-this-is-season-6-of-the-netflix-series-2M2Y8EB.jpg

• Like 1

$

Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 01 December 2022
Duration: In perpetuity Image use: Editorial / Television (editorial) / Use within body of show / Duration: unlimited / Country: world

restored-union-pacific-railroad-station-

• Love 2

Manchester, UK, 14th December, 2022.  Striking rail workers at Piccadilly Station, Manchester, England, United Kingdom, British Isles, as the national rail strike continues. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. Worldwide Editorial website.   $$. I live near the city centre in Manchester so it's easy to visit pickets and protests.

2M2P635.jpg

• Like 1

My 5 month sales drought finally ended.

Image from 13 yrs ago:

Rhinoceros art sculpture on wagon in downtown Chattanooga Tennessee park

RM

Usage: Presentation or newsletters
Start: 29 April 2023
Duration: In perpetuity

$$

EWR8GW.jpg

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

High $$

Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 29 April 2023
Duration: In perpetuity Worldwide distribution, all rights, all media (broadcast, theatric, web, electronic and non-broadcast media) including in-context advertising and promotion, excluding theatrical and any forms of print promotion, in perpetuity, now known or hereafter devised.

mosaic-depicting-noahs-ark-in-monreale-c

Low $$

Usage: Editorial, All Fairfax Australia group publications including print and or digital platforms. Editorial use in magazine or newspaper, on website, app, digital magazine, all group associated social media including Facebook, Twitter and PDF versions, all in association with the original article. Includes original article single story use, online archive rights in perpetuity. In context original article use across news aggregator sites including Apple News, Facebook News, Google Showcase and Microsoft Start.
Media: Newspaper - national
Start: 30 April 2023
End: 30 April 2024

air-france-boeing-777-300-er-taxiing-in-

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Shot last Saturday in Westminster, London. RM, was zoomed. Lower $$. Likely the last sale for this month.

Country: Worldwide, Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on BMJ Journals inc (ARD, AIM, ADC, EP, GUT, IP, PN, JNNP, FNN, BMJGH, EJHP, SPC, HEART, JCP, JFPRHC, LSM, MH ,OEM, RM, STI, TC, BVA, VET RECORD, JRAMC) and associated social and digital platforms. Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic Start: 28 April 2023 Duration: Unlimited

westminster-london-uk-april-22nd-2023-ex

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Finally, one of deaf kids using Nicaraguan Sign Language.   Almost $$$.   I think I'm the only person who has real Nicaraguan Sign Language photos on Alamy.    

2HHKKMM.jpg

I'm in a weird position here of being able to take photos that probably tourists/short term traveling photographers wouldn't get, but which don't seem to have a huge customer base.   Second deaf kids using Nicaraguan Sign Language, but different kids than the first one (bright young kid signing at the camera).   So, two licensed from that photo shoot.  When someone wants Short-finned Mollies or children using Nicaraguan Sign Language, the licenses tend to be higher than for other things.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This one saw a bit of action over the course of the month! Ended up grossing high $$.

Sale refunded - Original sale date (15 February 2023)

Usage: Retail book. Editorial print + digital use. inside.One time use only
Start: 13 April 2023
End: 13 April 2033

Usage: Retail book. Editorial print + digital use. inside.One time use only, Discounted re-use
Start: 13 April 2023
End: 13 April 2033

st-pauls-cathedral-seen-from-watling-street-in-the-city-of-london-EX0KC5.jpg

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 March 2023
Duration: In perpetuity Any placement: Inside or cover.

Low $$

the-royal-academy-of-music-on-marylebone-road-london-england-uk-2C8M62H.jpg

Edited by Dave Richards
corrected text