Images sold in April 2023

17 hours ago, Rick Lewis said:

front-exterior-entrance-to-bryant-denny-stadium-the-football-stadium-for-the-university-of-alabama-in-tuscaloosa-alabama-usa-T5PHBJ.jpg

Another PU and a multi-seller for the standard price.  Bryant-Denny Stadium, home of the Alabama Crimson Tide football team.  Roll Tide!

Rick

Soon my team Oklahoma will be playing your team when we come to the SEC next year. Can’t wait…but we’re rebuilding right now after L Riley decimated us. 😡 I expect Oklahoma will be rocky for a few years after coming. All respect to Alabama.

1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

Soon my team Oklahoma will be playing your team when we come to the SEC next year. Can’t wait…but we’re rebuilding right now after L Riley decimated us. 😡 I expect Oklahoma will be rocky for a few years after coming. All respect to Alabama.

Oklahoma has always been a force to deal with.  I am amazed at how Coach Saben can rally the players for Alabama.  He is one of the best.  All I can say is "good luck".  😇

15 minutes ago, Rick Lewis said:

Oklahoma has always been a force to deal with.  I am amazed at how Coach Saben can rally the players for Alabama.  He is one of the best.  All I can say is "good luck".  😇

I remember when Alabama came to OU for a game sometime 2000-2010. I was in the stands as a season ticket holder & we did our best to welcome ‘bama fans. Later, there were several ‘bama fans who wrote letters to the editor in the OKC newspaper saying how well they were treated & welcomed. You’ll always find a few punks in fandom, but it never causes pain to be nice.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

summer-reading-staycation-home-vacation-

Summer reading concept. I need to get a new shiny white hammock so I can shoot a new one with a Kindle/iPad - and have a comfy place to relax and read in the shade.  This one and its successor are both in landfills; Summer rains take their toll on cotton rope and wood. 

Sold for a pittance - a few $

Usage: Editorial, For Editorial use on customers website, app and social media platforms (excludes Advertising)
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 24 April 2023
Duration: Unlimited

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Second $$$ for the month came in this morning. Sorry I won’t be posting it but most of us do protect a few images. I’m pleased. Only (so far) 3 images licensed this month, but two $$$, I’ll take it.

• Love 3
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Second $$$ for the month came in this morning. Sorry I won’t be posting it but most of us do protect a few images. I’m pleased. Only (so far) 3 images licensed this month, but two $$$, I’ll take it.

It is very entertaining for me to see all those posts of "ghost" sales for $$$... If it's sold for pennies, it's OK to be shown, though. What's the point?

P.S. Sorry Betty, I couldn't resist...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I'm with Betty, I don't always post sales when some are good repeat sellers that are fairly easy to replicate.  

+2

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use in printed publication published by Euromoney Trading Limited and associated social media platforms and websites.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 25 April 2023

Very low $. Completely heartbreaking... :(

Anyone knows any "Euromoney Trading Limited" print publications?

Female scuba diver fitted with Aqua Lung diving equipment near an underwater arch in Ses Salines Natural Park (Formentera, Mediterranean sea, Spain)

female-scuba-diver-fitted-with-aqua-lung

• Love 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

It is very entertaining for me to see all those posts of "ghost" sales for $$$... If it's sold for pennies, it's OK to be shown, though. What's the point?

P.S. Sorry Betty, I couldn't resist...

I don’t post images of my best sellers even when sold for $. I don’t get penny sales. I just don’t mention them, period. But when I get $$$ I like to give hope to others. That’s the “point”.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, antplmr said:

Go to the full size image on Alamy, then pull the image up into the browser bar so you get a url ending in jpg, then copy that url, come back here, click on insert image from URL and paste in the url you just copied. It'll become second nature in no time. Used to be able to just drag the image into your post but no more. This works in most, maybe even all,  browsers (I'm using Chrome with a MAC)  

Welcome back. Hope you get a better $$ next time! Prices have dipped since you've been gone. 

13 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

I don’t post images of my best sellers even when sold for $. I don’t get penny sales. I just don’t mention them, period. But when I get $$$ I like to give hope to others. That’s the “point”.

I decided to post my comment because of a personal experience on this forum when a forum member posted one of my sales with the image and a link to the magazine with the usage. This was my best-seller at the time and an "Alamywhack" for a photo of a very well-known object easily accessible in public. Guess what? After the post, there was no more "Alamywhack" for me of that object. I'm pretty sure the forum member did this gesture with good intentions, though. C'est la vie! 

13 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I decided to post my comment because of a personal experience on this forum when a forum member posted one of my sales with the image and a link to the magazine with the usage. This was my best-seller at the time and an "Alamywhack" for a photo of a very well-known object easily accessible in public. Guess what? After the post, there was no more "Alamywhack" for me of that object. I'm pretty sure the forum member did this gesture with good intentions, though. C'est la vie! 

Understood and that’s a shame. It must’ve been in “Images Found” thread. I have so few images that do well, and some of them are easily replicated. The ones that are unique, can’t be exactly replicated because there’s an unique person in it, or a landscape, or food, (some others) I do post. I tend to protect the ones that license for good money.

I think the only one that sold for as high as $700 I did post the image at the time. It was of my own home-baked coconut cream meringue pie. Anyone who can bake well can shoot their own. There are many pages of coconut pies, many of them bought at a bakery. Mine sold for advertising/products. I expected to see it on some baking product but kept forgetting to look for it when I went to the market.

1 hour ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

My apologies, if your photo posted on this forum was from me....as I used to always add the photos I found in U.S. print publications.  I no longer do that. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

All my sales are for peanuts, so I don't mind sharing them. Copycats welcome, see you in Helsinki. 😂

Yes been there and you're right: peanuts!

I have 34 Helsinki/Finland images on line.
Of which 16 have been licensed 30 times in total.

12 direct; 18 via a distributor.
lowest direct: 0.18
lowest distributor: 2.14
highest direct: 60.00
highest distributor: 90.45

I can still recommend Helsinki though. 😁

wim

Edited by wiskerke
typo
  • Love 1

Two today, after a slow month.
A repeat seller, this the 4th licence since the end of February. Below mid $$
Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial onlyEditorial print + digital use.
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 26 April 2023

peacock-mantis-shrimp-odontodactylus-scy

Upper $

Usage: Editorial, Web Use, Social Media, Worldwide, 5 Years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 26 April 2023
End: 26 April 2028

a-group-of-violet-coral-shells-these-she

• Love 2