After a long period of healthy sales, April is proving a disappointment, only two to date, and my CTR in free fall. I'm long enough in this game to know that there is no certainty, that some months are better than others, but it's always a concern when things slow right down. Hopefully next week will see some improvement !

Same here. Just 2 sales so far, and fewer zooms than usual. I guess a lot of people are taking long Easter breaks. I checked previous results, and I didn't get any sales until the 12th April last year, so at least I'm ahead of that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bryan said:

After a long period of healthy sales, April is proving a disappointment, only two to date, and my CTR in free fall. I'm long enough in this game to know that there is no certainty, that some months are better than others, but it's always a concern when things slow right down. Hopefully next week will see some improvement !

My sales often vary wildly, likely due to a relatively small port. Only one sale so far and at a fair price, worth more than 50 times the value of the $ sales, but could do with more. Many of my sales appear at the end of the month, so not over concerned yet. Now back to captioning and tagging a few images shot this week, then uploading while still topical and crossing fingers.

Edit, a rare for me Saturday sale came in earlier, lower mid $$, so pleased no $ sales so far. May they continue, but I doubt they will.

Edited by sb photos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Same here. Just 2 sales so far, and fewer zooms than usual. I guess a lot of people are taking long Easter breaks. I checked previous results, and I didn't get any sales until the 12th April last year, so at least I'm ahead of that.

That makes sense, a comforting thought !

It’s a slow month for most, including Alamy. Views and sales are down drastically from the same period in April of last year. I took a quick look at All of Alamy from a year ago to compare to now.

• Thanks 1

On 10/04/2022 at 14:46, Alexander Hog said:

Non existent for sales in every department  

Hi Alex,

I'm obviously bored. But one of your captions gave me a laugh, sorry!

Anus enjoying itself at a local park  - Image ID: 2J3DC07 

It's Anas platyrhynchos, with an 'a' 🙃

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, TABan said:

It’s a slow month for most, including Alamy. Views and sales are down drastically from the same period in April of last year. I took a quick look at All of Alamy from a year ago to compare to now.

is this meaningful with the Reset and review Alamy did on measures last autumn (and never gave further info on) ?  To be honest not sure i trust most of those results on a comparison basis. 

7 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

is this meaningful with the Reset and review Alamy did on measures last autumn (and never gave further info on) ?  To be honest not sure i trust most of those results on a comparison basis. 

If you look at the percentage difference, it’s huge. There is something going on, it could be a number of things. My sales were humming along at a respectable clip and have suddenly drastically decreased. Zooms are way down. Is it something Alamy did or the current world conditions? Only folks who sell through multiple channels can answer that.

Edited by TABan

5 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

as an aside after a record low CTR last month, under 0.20, i am now running at 1.80 this month so far!??

3 minutes ago, TABan said:

If you look at the percentage difference, it’s huge. There is something going on, it could be a number of things. My sales were humming along at a respectable clip and have suddenly drastically decreased. Zooms are way down. Is it something Alamy did or the current world conditions? Only folks who sell through multiple channels can answer that.

as i said, Alamy never really updated on the impact of their review.  Personally my zoom have been tanking for over 6 months (until last 2 weeks), but i have never seen any positive correlation between Zooms and Licences.