2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

as i said, Alamy never really updated on the impact of their review.  Personally my zoom have been tanking for over 6 months (until last 2 weeks), but i have never seen any positive correlation between Zooms and Licences. 

I've seen other people say that about zooms and sales, but I get a fair number of sales from zooms. I also get out of the blue sales. But I also get a fair number of unique zooms where the viewer doesn't zoom anything from anyone else. I do a fair amount of promotion on social media, so that might have something to do with it.

1 hour ago, TABan said:

I've seen other people say that about zooms and sales, but I get a fair number of sales from zooms. I also get out of the blue sales. But I also get a fair number of unique zooms where the viewer doesn't zoom anything from anyone else. I do a fair amount of promotion on social media, so that might have something to do with it.

interesting.  I just had a quick calculation and sales from zoom is under 14% of my net revenue for last year.   

Curious does the promotion on Social Media affect potential infringement pursuit from Alamy? 

16 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

interesting.  I just had a quick calculation and sales from zoom is under 14% of my net revenue for last year.   

Curious does the promotion on Social Media affect potential infringement pursuit from Alamy? 

No, because I link to the image on Alamy. I put recent sales on LinkedIn. I have a fair number of connections who are stock image users.

Edited by TABan

3 hours ago, TABan said:

No, because I link to the image on Alamy. I put recent sales on LinkedIn. I have a fair number of connections who are stock image users.

thanks good to know.  Curious how these would appear as Zoom, wouldn't a direct link just go straight to sales if there was no search in first place.

still i might give it a try. 

• Like 1

I can't see the point of these month by month threads. There is nothing that is significantly different between April and March or any reason to expect why there should be.

The other thing that is if, as I have done in the past, you happen to post postive news you are accused of boasting. I think the last accusation was about showing off about feasting while watching others starve.. 

So, essentially these are just mutual moaning sympathy sessions with no other experience welcomed.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I can't see the point of these month by month threads. There is nothing that is significantly different between April and March or any reason to expect why there should be.

The other thing that is if, as I have done in the past, you happen to post postive news you are accused of boasting. I think the last accusation was about showing off about feasting while watching others starve.. 

So, essentially these are just mutual moaning sympathy sessions with no other experience welcomed.

to me if it can give a feeling to someone that they are not alone i will provide my information, also the issue of system inconsistency over the last couple of year, and lack of Alamy updates-though to my knowledge other then a few distributors accumulating all sales for long period not sure we have seen conclusive one on sales..

That said i agree with your comments on the positive news.  I for one will always be thankful for anyone that shares info on success here, type of images,  new avenues- i look at your archive work with interest (still need to figure out the chicken and egg access game) and i thank you for highlighting the potential of infringement research, one success, one Alamy grumbling, 3 on the go. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 10/04/2022 at 12:30, Reimar said:

Only 4 sales for $7 net so far.  Last month I had $111 by now at Alamy. 

Good start at AS for $60 so far.

OK, I take it back.  I'm up to 6 sales now, for $958 net.  That sale for an ad campaign ($884) really helped.  That blows everyplace else out of the water.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2022 at 03:04, Bryan said:

After a long period of healthy sales, April is proving a disappointment, only two to date, and my CTR in free fall. I'm long enough in this game to know that there is no certainty, that some months are better than others, but it's always a concern when things slow right down. Hopefully next week will see some improvement !

This is the Easter dead zone. I checked my sales history for April 2021. One sale at the start of the month and then 4 sales after the Easter flatline was over.

This year is the same, one sale at the start and then 5 $$ sales today.

The next dead zone is August when all the buyers will be heading off to a sunny climate again 🌴 😎 🌴

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MB Photography said:

This is the Easter dead zone. I checked my sales history for April 2021. One sale at the start of the month and then 4 sales after the Easter flatline was over.

This year is the same, one sale at the start and then 5 $$ sales today.

The next dead zone is August when all the buyers will be heading off to a sunny climate again 🌴 😎 🌴

Similar pattern here, a few sales have now dropped in after the break, but nowt to write home about.

One PU sale came and was refunded the same day, of a photo that has sold several times before.  One wonders if the buyer is now printing it out to hang on their wall. 

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

Similar pattern here, a few sales have now dropped in after the break, but nowt to write home about.

One PU sale came and was refunded the same day, of a photo that has sold several times before.  One wonders if the buyer is now printing it out to hang on their wall. 

April seems to be tapering off into a dribble of tiddlers for me -- last five sales were all low $ (not much better than nowt), but still a few days left for possible redemption. 🐰

• Like 1