Alamy measures, your images - not working

Liam Bunce

Question

Am I the only one to get this message:

Why don't I have any data ?

Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected.

There should be data in this period.

Edited by Niels Quist

5 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

Am I the only one to get this message:

Why don't I have any data ?

Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected.

There should be data in this period.

I'm getting that message as well.

Tried a few times, still the same. It says the system has been updated today at 09:19 GMT but obviously it hasn't.

John.

12 minutes ago, Liam Bunce said:

Are you getting this message on Alamy Measures? (Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected) I've tried different dates but still the same no information.

see link 

John.

15 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I'm getting that message as well.

Tried a few times, still the same. It says the system has been updated today at 09:19 GMT but obviously it hasn't.

John.

- thanks, John. It helps to know that I am not the only one.

Niels

The database has only moved forward one day overnight, so in reality stood still, and Live News from 2nd December hasn't yet moved across to stock so there's clearly problems not yet resolved. It may be that the fixes have been done but the system won't catch up for a few days.

Hi everyone, 

Our technical team have been doing some essential maintenance work to our website and the daily updates are a little delayed because of this. Alamy Measures will be back as soon as possible.

Many thanks, 

Elisabeth  

• Love 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 2

I'm finding it very difficult to believe a company this size cannot get its act together, It's been going on for weeks, no daily updates etc etc, what the hell is going on???  If your technical team are having this sort of going on getting things sorted out may i suggest some P45's getting handed out!

• Dislike 1

The saying in IT is that everything takes longer than estimated.   Getting the chief engineer on the phone will not make things go faster.   When I call to report an outage on my home internet connection and get a busy signal, I don't call further since the problem has been reported and reported.

And nobody gets to talk to the chief engineer when he's trying to sort the system.  

Alamy had just swallowed whole another media company's photo files, and has somewhere along the line acquired Reuter's photo files.  Getting all that sync'ed is non-trivial. 

I worry about important things, like having lost personal data, including fingerprints, several years ago when a major US government records system was breached.   I use a Nicaraguan bank with a low amount deposited for payments from Alamy because I think about things like hackers and bank records. 

Also, for me, Alamy acquired another Rebecca Brown in the photo data base and I also wonder if there's name collision going on or if there's another reason, like having most of my photographs being of non-violent scenes in Nicaragua, for not having any sales since the end of June.   Or maybe I need to up my photo skills.

1 hour ago, MizBrown said:

The saying in IT is that everything takes longer than estimated.  

Hofstadter's Law! It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

- My favorite law 😁.

wim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MizBrown said:

The saying in IT is that everything takes longer than estimated.   Getting the chief engineer on the phone will not make things go faster.   When I call to report an outage on my home internet connection and get a busy signal, I don't call further since the problem has been reported and reported.

And nobody gets to talk to the chief engineer when he's trying to sort the system.  

Alamy had just swallowed whole another media company's photo files, and has somewhere along the line acquired Reuter's photo files.  Getting all that sync'ed is non-trivial. 

I worry about important things, like having lost personal data, including fingerprints, several years ago when a major US government records system was breached.   I use a Nicaraguan bank with a low amount deposited for payments from Alamy because I think about things like hackers and bank records. 

Also, for me, Alamy acquired another Rebecca Brown in the photo data base and I also wonder if there's name collision going on or if there's another reason, like having most of my photographs being of non-violent scenes in Nicaragua, for not having any sales since the end of June.   Or maybe I need to up my photo skills.

I can also see the point being made by the poster you quoted, though. The reliability of the alamy site has as a trend gone quite considerably downhill in the last few months, and the fact that we see consistent delays in the database updating is problematic as well. I had a live news upload yesterday and the site was only just working, but it has been so unreliable of late I can't say I was surprised!

Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place but it would be nice to get some kind of advanced warning of when the site is going to go down, as I only ever find out about it when I either can't use the site or I look at their twitter, which tells me the site is down.

Edited by Cal

20 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Hofstadter's Law! It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

- My favorite law 😁.

wim

My law.  If it can be cocked up, it will.

Allan

3 hours ago, MizBrown said:

while this might be generally right, I have rarely seen IT scheduled stuff affect things Before the process.  While I understand the schedule maintenance on Saturday went longer, and had bigger impact, I still don't understand how it affected Friday's image for sale upload which is being claimed. 

8 hours ago, Liam Bunce said:

Are you getting this message on Alamy Measures? (Your account has not collected any activity for customers measured by the tool within the date selected) I've tried different dates but still the same no information.

even odder is that i just noticed my Number of Zoom is actually up , so part of the process did actually run but the data was loss after

Edited by meanderingemu