Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

51 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Yarrow, achillea millifolium, in the lawn. Some rather unkindly call it a weed. Not I.

Spotted during a party in our new Superdome tent in the garden. Hope to catch the one currently in bud later and do a studio job on it.

DSC05850.jpg

This is a weed also. Henbit. If the lawn isn’t treated for weeds, it can take over a lawn. It looks pretty when it’s in bloom, making a carpet of purple,  but chokes out the grass and allows other weeds to take over.

AYTTPK.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue

On 29/09/2020 at 16:04, spacecadet said:

Yarrow, achillea millifolium, in the lawn. Some rather unkindly call it a weed. Not I.

Spotted during a party in our new Superdome tent in the garden. Hope to catch the one currently in bud later and do a studio job on it.

One like this?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71W4xxleixL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Bio Green SD300 Superdome Growtunnel, Garden Cl Length 9.8 x Width 2.3 ft, 2.6 x 2.3X 9.8', Transparent/Green.

😂

wim

13 hours ago, wiskerke said:

One like this?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71W4xxleixL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Bio Green SD300 Superdome Growtunnel, Garden Cl Length 9.8 x Width 2.3 ft, 2.6 x 2.3X 9.8', Transparent/Green.

😂

wim

😀Ah no, the party was in the tent, not the flower.

One of these

G1155.jpg

Incidentally, none on Alamy , should have taken a pic. But it's ahrdly likely to be up before March now🙁

Edited by spacecadet

17 hours ago, Klinger said:

2CWD500.jpg

I copied someone else's link, replaced with my image ID. There must be an easier way to make a share link for the forum? This larger size.

Drag and drop from your portfolio the zoomed image into another window with the reply box is how I do it. However it does not work in Safari, I have to change over to Firefox to do that.

14 minutes ago, Cal said:

Drag and drop from your portfolio the zoomed image into another window with the reply box is how I do it. However it does not work in Safari, I have to change over to Firefox to do that.

Ditto. Blasted nuisance though.

Allan

13 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Ditto. Blasted nuisance though.

Allan

What's even worse is because firefox ignores colour profiles suddenly every image looks like its on acid. Anyway, here's my contrib.

Mute swan preening her feathers. Symbol of beauty, pride, purity. Beautiful swan. England UK Stock Photo

This beautiful pen resides on a lake near me. It has not been an easy year for her - she had 7 or 8 cygnets at the beginning but only three survived with her on the lake. Several succumbed to an illness of some sort and one recovered but was raised in captivity. Then her cob was found dead about a month ago. The juveniles are now fully grown and independent from her. To make matters worse a courting pair landed on the lake last week and although it looks like they're co-operating they may try and shoo her and the juveniles off.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks. I’ve never seen anything but ruby-throats.

Down here in central Texas 90% of our hummer visitors are the Black-chinned's

black-chinned-hummingbird-archilochus-alexandri-male-frozen-in-flight-G8529G.jpg

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Down here in central Texas 90% of our hummer visitors are the Black-chinned's

black-chinned-hummingbird-archilochus-alexandri-male-frozen-in-flight-G8529G.jpg

I had a number of species in my garden in the first house I lived in, but the cinnamons were the most common and were aggressive about running other hummingbirds off.   I had a beautiful shared back yard at that house. 

W79N5R.jpg

On 05/10/2020 at 19:58, MizBrown said:

I had a number of species in my garden in the first house I lived in, but the cinnamons were the most common and were aggressive about running other hummingbirds off.   I had a beautiful shared back yard at that house. 

W79N5R.jpg

How pretty!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

btw, if anyone can ID the victim, i would appreciated it to add as KW.

The sharp dorsal fins suggest a bass type. Rock Bass maybe? Anyway some site  like this will be a good starting point.

wim

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wiskerke said:

The sharp dorsal fins suggest a bass type. Rock Bass maybe? Anyway some site  like this will be a good starting point.

wim

thank you.  That looks promising, i'll cross reference with fishing on the Rideau Canal blogs.  All fishes i have seen me heron friend get were tiny, so this one surprised me.