Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

I love swans. This pair spent hours chasing each other up and down the lake and only then did the cob finally win her heart, this was a lucky catch as I was about to put the camera away.

Mute swan pair bonding on a lake with their necks forming the heart shape. Love, affection, bonding, mate for life, trust, mate, beauty, birds, animal Stock Photo

I uploaded a separate version with the water desaturated 2D5W4AD and I'm honestly not sure which I prefer.

Edited by Cal
  • Love 2

Photographing white birds and doing a good job with exposure is one of the hardest things to do. Especially in direct sunlight. It’s the one time for sure you don’t want to expose too far to the right, or highlights are so blown no detail can be recovered.

Anyway, for me it’s hard.

I’m sure you all who have an abundance of swans have learned how to do it right. We don’t see many swans in my neck of the woods. I came across one, and trembled at the occasion. I was there to photograph egrets. Of course, egrets, with their white plumage, present the same problems. I always prefer bright overcast. The great soft box in the sky!

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Photographing white birds and doing a good job with exposure is one of the hardest things to do. Especially in direct sunlight. It’s the one time for sure you don’t want to expose too far to the right, or highlights are so blown no detail can be recovered.

Anyway, for me it’s hard.

I’m sure you all who have an abundance of swans have learned how to do it right. We don’t see many swans in my neck of the woods. I came across one, and trembled at the occasion. I was there to photograph egrets. Of course, egrets, with their white plumage, present the same problems. I always prefer bright overcast. The great soft box in the sky!

Coots! Black and white - eek.

I used to photograph pets and black dogs are the worst. Black cats at least have eyes that show. A friend of mine had a black dog for a while and the only photo he had taken of her was when she was lying on a black bathmat. All you could see was two brown eyes.

Paulette

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

I used to photograph pets and black dogs are the worst. Black cats at least have eyes that show. A friend of mine had a black dog for a while and the only photo he had taken of her was when she was lying on a black bathmat. All you could see was two brown eyes.

Paulette

You should photograph them on a giant chessboard - really helps with the exposure.

9 hours ago, Cal said:

I love swans. This pair spent hours chasing each other up and down the lake and only then did the cob finally win her heart, this was a lucky catch as I was about to put the camera away.

Mute swan pair bonding on a lake with their necks forming the heart shape. Love, affection, bonding, mate for life, trust, mate, beauty, birds, animal Stock Photo

I uploaded a separate version with the water desaturated 2D5W4AD and I'm honestly not sure which I prefer.

Both versions are IMO fine, but I like the desaturated water best.

On 14/12/2020 at 13:19, Cal said:

Desaturated water comes from dry ice.😉

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It must be flowery somewhere!

It isn't here, brr, but the winter heliotrope has just flowered out front.

DSC06389.jpg

DSC06386.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Flowers in winter...how nice!

They smell like vanilla as well.

Apparently you can make an infusion out of them. OH is into weird teas so she may do it. I brought one in as well.

DSC01295.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

11 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

They smell like vanilla as well.

Apparently you can make an infusion out of them. OH is into weird teas so she may do it. I brought one in as well.

DSC01295.jpg

Remember it is winter. They do not like too much heat.

Allan

No footsteps but-----

Waves breaking on beach Freshwater Bay Isle of Wight

waves-breaking-on-beach-freshwater-bay-isle-of-wight-hampshire-england-DH5TEX.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 3