Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

13 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

New England aster, Maine, USA, taken in 2009. Wildflowers at the top of Mt. Battie.

2F6G870.jpg

Betty, I just love Camden, Maine (where Mount Battie is).  My sister's husband has a old family cabin on a lake near Mt Battie and have been going up there pretty regularly for the last thirty years.  Even named my son Camden....just because I thought it was a cool name.  When it gets hot and humid in DC, Maine is a great escape!!  This will sound crazy but it is the one place where I will go and not shoot many photos....just love to unplug there and not feel the pressure of "working".

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Betty, I just love Camden, Maine (where Mount Battie is).  My sister's husband has a old family cabin on a lake near Mt Battie and have been going up there pretty regularly for the last thirty years.  Even named my son Camden....just because I thought it was a cool name.  When it gets hot and humid in DC, Maine is a great escape!!  This will sound crazy but it is the one place where I will go and not shoot many photos....just love to unplug there and not feel the pressure of "working".

Michael, during the two trips I’ve been to Maine, the first in late spring and the 2nd to tour New England’s autumn foliage, I fell in love with Maine and upstate New York. But especially Maine. My destination was Bar Harbor both times, then spreading out from there. I have to admit I’m a voracious reader of fiction, and mentions of Bar Harbor through the years made me want to see it since I romanticized it in my head. I had the best clam chowder and blueberry pie of my life in Bar Harbor, and loved taking pictures of this....see below.

New England is so pretty as a whole, and with the exception of the astronomical cost of living compared to here, I envy you living on the east coast, where those upper states are closer.

BG0E4A.jpg
Camden, from Mt. Battie. This is an old shot from 2009, D300. Not that good. I’m finding mirrorless sharper.

2F6G858.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Michael, during the two trips I’ve been to Maine, the first in late spring and the 2nd to tour New England’s autumn foliage, I fell in love with Maine and upstate New York. But especially Maine. My destination was Bar Harbor both times, then spreading out from there. I have to admit I’m a voracious reader of fiction, and mentions of Bar Harbor through the years made me want to see it since I romanticized it in my head. I had the best clam chowder and blueberry pie of my life in Bar Harbor, and loved taking pictures of this....see below.

New England is so pretty as a whole, and with the exception of the astronomical cost of living compared to here, I envy you living on the east coast, where those upper states are closer.

BG0E4A.jpg
Camden, from Mt. Battie. This is an old shot from 2009, D300. Not that good. I’m finding mirrorless sharper.

2F6G858.jpg

Suggest trying the second image (Camden) through the dehaze tool. Will make it look much sharper as it better defines the mid tones in the image.

Allan

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Suggest trying the second image (Camden) through the dehaze tool. Will make it look much sharper as it better defines the mid tones in the image.

Allan

I did that, Allan. It didn’t help much.

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

50 Clarity in LR

Untitled-1.jpg

Yeh! Just tried it myself, doesn't seem to help much.

Allan

1 minute ago, Allan Bell said:

Yeh! Just tried it myself, doesn't seem to help much.

Allan

Maybe I need to sandpaper my specs then, it peps up that background haze a bit from where I'm looking. I usually dial up the sat and clar as well.

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Maybe I need to sandpaper my specs then, it peps up that background haze a bit from where I'm looking. I usually dial up the sat and clar as well.

Sorry I was using Haze removal tool. Quoted wrong post.

Allan

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I have LR5.7 still- from what I hear Haze sounds like Clarity with the volume turned down a bit.

Haze affects the mid tones only.

Allan

3 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

That works! Nice!

Phil

Best £9 I've spent for a while, that Chinese flash trigger. This is with the usual 35-year-old Vivitar with the inflatable softbox. And a bit of Lastolite gold fill.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Just out this week- some lovely little violets, I assume of a canine variety, John..........?

See what happens when you don't keep your paths tidy!🤩

DSC07315.jpg

Yes, Viola riviniana, common dig violet.  Nice image.

• Thanks 1

On 03/04/2021 at 11:31, spacecadet said:

I can’t see little, if any, change. The problem is with a few of these older images, if they are underexposed a bit, clarity causes noise to become more distinct. I do use clarity sometimes when I have a very clean image. These are old images from 2009, when the cameras seemed to be noisier than what I’m using now. I’ve had to handle them with kid gloves. My Nikon had to have +.3 exposure comp always, just set and left, and sometimes that wasn’t enough.