Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Hmm. I think I saw a yellow leaf somewhere in Liverpool recently, but it might have been my imagination. 🤔

Not likely to happen here. 1st December is the first day of summer. The latest news today: "Heatwave from hell: extremely dangerous weather conditions stretch 4,500km as Australia prepares to swelter through 50C days". I know I always say I like heat but there are limits. Now where's the nearest swimming pool?

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

Not likely to happen here. 1st December is the first day of summer. The latest news today: "Heatwave from hell: extremely dangerous weather conditions stretch 4,500km as Australia prepares to swelter through 50C days". I know I always say I like heat but there are limits. Now where's the nearest swimming pool?

Good grief, that's 122 F. is it cooler in the south? 

8 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Good grief, that's 122 F. is it cooler in the south? 

No! Last year we had 47C in the south on the coast. Our day was spent aircon -- swimming pool -- aircon -- swimming pool.

7 hours ago, gvallee said:

No! Last year we had 47C in the south on the coast. Our day was spent aircon -- swimming pool -- aircon -- swimming pool.

At that temperature I am not surprised that you could drink a swimming pool.

Allan

14 hours ago, gvallee said:

I believe the hottest I experienced in Oklahoma was 112F. I was around 9 years old and we didn’t have AC. Most people didn’t, then, it was way too expensive for the average working man.

Is it a dry heat, Gen? More tolerable than searingly hot and humid. Hubs was stationed on the Mohave desert for a year, and the heat was much more bearable because as soon as the sun went down, it got cool. Even daytime temps felt better than South Texas in the summer with humidity in the 80s and 90s.

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I believe the hottest I experienced in Oklahoma was 112F. I was around 9 years old and we didn’t have AC. Most people didn’t, then, it was way too expensive for the average working man.

Is it a dry heat, Gen? More tolerable than searingly hot and humid. Hubs was stationed on the Mohave desert for a year, and the heat was much more bearable because as soon as the sun went down, it got cool. Even daytime temps felt better than South Texas in the summer with humidity in the 80s and 90s.

Yes, it's dry heat. Not like the heat we get in the wet tropics in Cairns. 

White waterlily in spotlight

white-waterlily-in-spotlight-milton-country-park-E484NH.jpg

I like this image as it looks like the light source is within the lily and not being lit by a beam of sunlight.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2

One of the ones that had to wait until my photo processing skills were a bit better.   I'd cropped the original and had to enlarge the crop.   Cinnamon Hummingbird in a bromeliad that didn't have very showy flowers.  I thought I'd posted this earlier.  Cinnamon Hummingbirds are very territorial and chase out other species of hummingbirds except for the ones that are considerably larger. 

2DDTW1G.jpg

• Love 3

Very nice and varied nature images.  MizB, our ruby-throated hummingbirds are very territorial, also. They are the only ones we have unless an oddball migrates through, which I've never seen.

It's something to watch hummingbird wars.  Like a bunch of fighter jets going after it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...