Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

12 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

You must live in a sheltered place.

Suburban garden. The heliotrope used to be under the canopy of a copper beech out front. I pollarded the beech last year, so it is still there but the canopy isn't. I suspect the heliotrope thinks it still is. Except of course, thinking about it, it flowers in December when there are no leaves anyway. Hmm. There will be cuckoo flower, bluebells and green alkanet later.

The primroses grow out of the edges of the path and raised beds. We mow round them. January is pretty early for them. I wonder if this one got surprised when it was frosty last week. It was milder earlier.

We don't do gardening, only demolition.

One for the season.

Frosty Choicya Ternata

frosty-choicya-ternata-B5GKKA.jpg

Then one to bring back thoughts of summer.

View Arun valley South Downs

view-arun-valley-south-downs-west-sussex-england-CB5WWE.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

Two birds for Betty.

Falcon hovering looking for food Isle of Wight

falcon-hovering-looking-for-food-isle-of-wight-hampshire-FW0C4A.jpg

Captive Scarlet Macaw cleaning foot

captive-scarlet-macaw-cleaning-foot-zoo-isle-of-wight-hampshire-england-DG6ET7.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

The snow in your image is so pristine...it looks like pillows to sink into.

I thought they looked like white wooly sheep sleeping.

We've had a really cold spell this week, and I took this photo yesterday of these amazing icicles in trees.

icicles-and-ice-formations-on-roadside-trees-during-a-cold-spell-known-as-the-beast-from-the-east-in-hampshire-uk-during-winter-mid-february-2EBC5AC.jpg

Another recent photo  - some welcome winter colour. The common name of these fungi is scarlet elf cup.

scarlet-elf-cup-fungi-sarcoscypha-austriaca-on-a-log-pile-in-winter-uk-scarlet-elf-cups-2E947R6.jpg

• Love 2

On 13/02/2021 at 04:04, VbFolly said:

We've had a really cold spell this week, and I took this photo yesterday of these amazing icicles in trees.

icicles-and-ice-formations-on-roadside-trees-during-a-cold-spell-known-as-the-beast-from-the-east-in-hampshire-uk-during-winter-mid-february-2EBC5AC.jpg

Another recent photo  - some welcome winter colour. The common name of these fungi is scarlet elf cup.

scarlet-elf-cup-fungi-sarcoscypha-austriaca-on-a-log-pile-in-winter-uk-scarlet-elf-cups-2E947R6.jpg

The icycles look like they could be in my neighborhood. The fungi looks like some exotic fruit rinds. Really pretty and interesting. 

• Like 1