Post a beautiful nature picture

Betty LaRue

On 02/08/2020 at 10:35, gvallee said:

Australian White Ibis (Threskiornis molucca) silhouetted in flight at sunrise. It helps to have a campervan to camp near the wetlands. I didn't have to get up at super stupid o'clock. I still needed a short drive in the dark though.

Lovely photo :) 

• Love 1

On 05/08/2020 at 05:25, dlmphotog said:

Misty Koolau Mountains, Kaneohe, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA

Scenes like this make me think about travelling... wonder when thats going to happen again... I'm seriously looking into what options I have this year. It's such a minefield though. 

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Can people catch a cockatoo and make a pet from it? 

This one is a Corella, it might be possible, I don't know, but I have never heard of pet Corellas. It's common with its cousin the Sulphur-crested Cockatoo. This individual loves Elvis apparently.

7 hours ago, gvallee said:

This one is a Corella, it might be possible, I don't know, but I have never heard of pet Corellas. It's common with its cousin the Sulphur-crested Cockatoo. This individual loves Elvis apparently.

I love the reaction of the other bird..... so funny.

Paulette

28 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I love the reaction of the other bird..... so funny.

Paulette

So do I. He wants nothing to do with his friend's meltdown.

22 hours ago, gvallee said:

I’ve seen a lot of cockatoos dancing vids and they are hilarious. I keep thing one’s head will twist off. They love to dance, but I seldom see two dance at the same time. One always looks intimidated.

7 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

This little fella was taking his life in his "hands" walking out in the open, completely exposed, right near a kestrel nest with 3 fledglings :D  

2CADJJW.jpg

Great photo, Chris. I'm not sure if kestrels eat toads or not, but I've seen one take a slow worm.

We've been getting a lot of rain these days, which is unusual for August...normally our driest month of the summer.  My neighbor has a large hibiscus bush between our homes so I took out my 100 macro between raindrops.  I loved this beading of water on another plant leaf....learned it is called "hydrophobic"!

flower-of-minerva-rose-of-sharon-common-hibiscus-pink-althea-water-droplets-after-a-rain-2CBX6FT.jpg

plants-nature-natural-science-hydrophobic-action-of-water-droplets-on-a-plant-leaf-beading-2CBX6G1.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 1

When we moved to our house in 1987 there were two clumps of Echinops in the garden. We cut them down every autumn and the next year without fail they grow and flower again. The bees love them!echinops-flower-heads-and-honey-bees-S38

• Love 1

Gorgeous images! I like to take raindrop or dewy plant images, too. And it seems, by my own choices without deliberate conscience thought, purple is my favorite flower choice. 😊  Kind of like when I look in my closet, I see a lot of blue.

• Love 1

Hercule the giant house spider (probably eratigena atrica). He was wandering about the kitchen floor so I put him under house arrest for a while.

DSC05763.jpg

Not sure- I may have already put this up. Comet Neowise last month from the bedroom window.

DSC05294.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Hercule the giant house spider (probably eratigena atrica). He was wandering about the kitchen floor so I put him under house arrest for a while.

DSC05763.jpg

Not sure- I may have already put this up. Comet Neowise last month from the bedroom window.

DSC05294.jpg

What happened to my little friend after his house arrest?

Allan