How was your October 2019?

Just 1 sale, but major one:   $292 gross -- largest single amount I sold my pic anywhere.  Some west USA magazine: print, digital and electronic   Print run: up to 5 million.   Am actually quite curious who is the customer.    Might start believing I am doing something right.

Edited by Autumn Sky
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Autumn Sky said:

Just 1 sale, but major one:   $292 gross -- largest single amount I sold my pic anywhere.  Some west USA magazine: print, digital and electronic   Print run: up to 5 million.   Am actually quite curious who is the customer.    Might start believing I am doing something right.

You have lovely images, I’m not surprised. I love the log cabins especially.
 If you could identify the turtles on the log, common and scientific, that would be good. Great photo. I’m surprised they didn’t slide into the water when they spotted you. Usually wary little buggers.

Betty

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

You have lovely images, I’m not surprised. I love the log cabins especially.
 If you could identify the turtles on the log, common and scientific, that would be good. Great photo. I’m surprised they didn’t slide into the water when they spotted you. Usually wary little buggers.

Betty

Thank you Betty!  Re turtles -- they are always there, so I guess they are used to people.  If you are ever in Victoria, BC go to Beacon Hill Park, then find Goodacre Lake.   Lots of photo ops beside turtles!  

19 minutes ago, Autumn Sky said:

Thank you Betty!  Re turtles -- they are always there, so I guess they are used to people.  If you are ever in Victoria, BC go to Beacon Hill Park, then find Goodacre Lake.   Lots of photo ops beside turtles!  

I wish! I love beautiful nature!

Check out red-earred slider, Scripta elegans. Might be Trachemys scripta elegans. 

Older males can sometimes have a dark greyish-olive green melanistic coloration, with very subdued markings. The red stripe on the sides of the head may be difficult to see or be absent. The female's appearance is substantially the same throughout her life.

These originated in the U.S. but have been bought as pets and released around the world. They are considered an invasive species and are banned in some countries.  We have them in my part of the world. I thought I recognized yours.

Besides identifying them in your caption and tags, I’d also use words like invasive, invasive species. Check out Wikipedia.

Edited by Betty LaRue

Eight, four of which were minuscule distributor sales to Croatia, and no month end flurry.
I'm above my total sales for this time last year with two months to go and far fewer submissions from me during the year.

Edited by mickfly