How was your October 2019?

6 sales for $99.27 gross, $49.65 net.

6 sales is about average for me, but the revenue/sale continues to decline

I made the almost same net sum from a 10x smaller test portfolio which I setup elsewhere following Alamy's commission cut.

On the bright side, Alamy zooms are going well with CTR 0.84% last month and I received a slightly larger direct claim DACs payout (£158) than last year.

So overall not a bad month at all.

Mark

• Love 1

5 sales for gross $86. Could be better (or worse I guess!) I need 10 more sales this year to beat last year, although my revenue is down somewhat on last year - probably because I haven't had a $$$ sale this year....

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1

Absolutely awful October, 1 sale for $14. My total sales, for 2019 are - so far - down on last year and the year before by about 65% and 55% respectively.

I was contacted by another contributor (and a really good pro photographer), to ask about my experience, as he had sold only 1 or 2 images all year. He wondered if there had been changes to Alamy's Algorithm. I don't know about that, but I do know I'm disappointed.

Last year I made 88 sales ($2500 revenue). This year, so far, I have made 30 sales ($875, my lowest since 2013). Alamy removed me from submitting to the news feed, saying that I had not made any news sales in 2018, when I had actually made about 30 sales as a result of contributing to Live News. But, my sales figures don't agree.

After I made a complaint, I was allowed contribute "reportage" (immediate acceptance of the images), but not the news feed. it seems to have had a big affect on my overall sales, so far.

Edited by Steve Valentia
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Valentia said:

See my post above.

I can't say I'm pleased it's not just me, but you know what I mean. Mine isn't down to loss of news access though. I've fewer same-year sales presumably due to putting up many fewer images, but that doesn't account for much of it either.

It's certainly a disincentive- I'm a month behind with my usual September travel batch, even though I have some new places to put up. But with one rental business client last month bringing in twice my Alamy revenue for the year so far, I have better uses for my time.

Edited by spacecadet

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I can't say I'm pleased it's not just me, but you know what I mean. Mine isn't down to loss of news access though.

I'm not sure mine is either, to be honest. Probably just crap images! (No, I don't really believe that). I worry about Alamy. Just seen the Light-box for the IOM in October and they look like they've been selected by people with no understanding of photographic technique. Yep, sour grapes but I think I have a point.

Congratulations to those who've done well - and commiserations to those who've had less financially healthy returns.

Pretty good month for me with 36 sales for $639 gross (all direct and exclusive).  Healthy DACS income via Alamy of $219 which, in turn, has generated my highest month's payout so far of $429. Looking forward to seeing that in my bank account next week.  91 zooms for CTR of 1.12 so good prospects for the future.  

Having said that I'm only at 86% of last year's total revenue despite already exceeding last year's volume by 12%.  Average prices are certainly declining and that impacts us all.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Having said that I'm only at 86% of last year's total revenue despite already exceeding last year's volume by 12%.  Average prices are certainly declining and that impacts us all.

This more or less reflects my own stats. 12.5% and 87% respectively.

1 for $179

Zooms in September were an all time low, which flipped around in October and they're now healthy again.

Last six months sales volumes:

I think I spot a trend! 🤣

I have seen one or two of my images in 2020 calendars tho' (unsure if via here) so things may be picking up?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Autumn Sky said:

Just 1 sale, but major one:   $292 gross -- largest single amount I sold my pic anywhere.  Some west USA magazine: print, digital and electronic   Print run: up to 5 million.   Am actually quite curious who is the customer.    Might start believing I am doing something right.

My guess! The price is about right and the clues you have given point towards  AAA Westway magazine . Thats triple A

Edited by Shergar