Alamy Measures Update

2 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

That's what answer I've got from Alamy:

"You might want to try deleting temporary files and clearing your cache and cookies.

Thanks,

Ellie"

Didn't work though....

Well it won't - it's their database not updated not your cookies

25 minutes ago, James Hodgson said:

Response from Alamy:

We’re having a few technical issues with updating measures at the moment but our IT team are working on this.

JH

Are these the same guys working on the forum issues? <_<

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Are these the same guys working on the forum issues? <_<

I seem to recall someone from Alamy saying that forums are run by a third party for Alamy. I remember at one stage the third party upgraded the forum without first informing Alamy and introduced new functionality that Alamy didn't want (like the ability to post pictures directly (which would have been really good to have kept)

7 hours ago, Southmind said:

Any news about Alamy measures issues ?   And about our portfolio name ? Mine is Serge\\u0026#43;VILLA  and may be is it the problem  :  the link between measures and names.

Appears to still be broken.

Alamy are well aware of the problem with Measures, but said late last week that they are unable to put a time frame on setting it to rights. The suspicion is they are too busy implementing changes related to the new contract and the 50%/40% split.

The Forum is indeed operated by a third-party and the continuing problems remaining unfixed is more of a mystery.

15 minutes ago, John Gaffen said:

No sales reported (I'd made at least 8, this time last month), no statistics no measures.   No reply  from Alamy either to my query, not happy!  

Sales still coming in John, although measures still not fixed, maybe just be one of those months for you? Better luck in the second half!

I am getting very concerned that measures not functioning is a sign of some greater problem with the Alamy database.

Not hearing an explanation from Alamy only feeds my worry...

I have had 8 sales reported this month, this seems "normal" for me. 

15 hours ago, dlmphotog said:

I am getting very concerned that measures not functioning is a sign of some greater problem with the Alamy database.

Not hearing an explanation from Alamy only feeds my worry...

I have had 8 sales reported this month, this seems "normal" for me. 

It's probably just that all resource has been focusing on making the changes required for the new 60/40 commission rate change which comes into force today.

Mark

Apparently reporting of sales is inconsistent. I wouldn't have been surprised to see no sales during this period, given the small size of my collection and typical results, but there have been two since the seventh.

Yes! Measures has updated.

Just been on to upload my latest submission and checked in on measures to see if there had been any change - and there had!

250 extra views, a couple more zooms, but still no sign of that first elusive sale. GRRR!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived