What is Your New Year's Resolution

New Year's is quickly approaching.  I was wondering if any of you have made a New Year's resolution or perhaps made more than one.  More travel perhaps, something you've always wanted to photograph etc.

My resolution is simply to get better at taking editorial stock images.  Most of the 600+ images I've uploaded are from me just taking pictures for the fun of it, never intending them to be used as editorial stock.  So, for 2018 my goal, or resolution, is to think more about editorial uses rather than just taking snapshots and translating that into images that will have a much better chance of selling.

Have you thought about goals or a New Year's resolution for 2018?

Rick

In order to change my photo style, get ahead of crowd, and maintain my interest.

Declare my favourite daily local photo walks off limits, walk somewhere else local.

When I travel abroad will only take Sony RX100 and Nikon 1AW1 waterproof cameras. Will leave the 50 megapixel Canon outfit to use near home.

Will shoot for, and create more, fantasy shots in photoshop. Will mine my image collection for new images from old.

Will upload more microstock like images to Alamy, less editorial.

Experimentation, and some uploads, started October 2017. I think we are good to go.

Set myself a target of getting 10000 stock photos for the last three years, failed miserably each time due to caring for others and not getting out, so this year setting lower goals.

1 - double my images to 5000

2 - shoot more non railway images

3 -  cover more local news events, i enjoy the rush involved.

Take more photos of people and events.

Perhaps it's a mistake, I targeted the travel market (locations, non-people) for 2017 and it worked very well. 

In any case, it's a new challenge and being so, it's fun. I never thought I would say that one day...

On 29/12/2017 at 16:40, geogphotos said:

Have fun, be happy...

7500 new freshly taken photos uploaded in 2018

7500 a year is 20 images per day photographed, processed and keyworded every single day of the year. That's an impressive target to achieve while still finding it fun.

With around 3,500 photos in less than a year, act on what I’ve learned from these forums, cull those images that are unlikely to sell, go back over older images and edit captions and keywords, finish getting keywords sorted in Lightroom, use Alamy Bridge to sync everything and clear up the mess that I’ve made. Be more selective in what I upload. 

Travel, Travel, take photos, travel, upload and keyword, travel, lose weight, go to the gym more, travel

while I am young enough (lol) and well enough (hopefully) to do so

continue to try and meet up with Alamy colleagues 

Kumar (the Doc one)

Archived